Thread: James Toney wants Wilder: " I want a piece of that little punk "

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: James Toney wants Wilder: " I want a piece of that little punk "

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Toney is the old mongoose of this generation. If he gets in shape, he can school somebody like wilder.
    He was in shape for Prizefighter, 217 lbs. Still lost. He's an ATG, but he's done. Absolutely finished.
    He got robbed in one bout and scored a KO in the other.. and besides, we cant make good assessments off 3rd fights..

Given toneys style, he's not the type wholl look good in the beginning rounds..
    If that is true why did he go into prizefighter with a load of journeymen , with a top prize of £ 35,000?
    Toney is a great fighter , but he is finished.
    He fought in the tourney because none of the relevant guys want a part of him.. The bitchko sisters have been ducking him for the past 10 years and David Gaye dont even want to be in same room as him..

I think Fury as the heart to face him but we'll see..
    So you are saying Toney knew he wouldn't win prizefighter as he is a very slow starter ?
    if so why did he enter ?
    Some people are born fighters and Toney just loves to fight regardless.. He wanted to stay active by fighting in the tourney while waiting for somebody relevant to step up..

Toney needs a few rounds to get into a groove. That's his style.. is it not?

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Toney is the old mongoose of this generation. If he gets in shape, he can school somebody like wilder.
    He was in shape for Prizefighter, 217 lbs. Still lost. He's an ATG, but he's done. Absolutely finished.
    He got robbed in one bout and scored a KO in the other.. and besides, we cant make good assessments off 3rd fights..

If that is true why did he go into prizefighter with a load of journeymen , with a top prize of £ 35,000?
    He fought in the tourney because none of the relevant guys want a part of him.. The bitchko sisters have been ducking him for the past 10 years and David Gaye dont even want to be in same room as him..

So you are saying Toney knew he wouldn't win prizefighter as he is a very slow starter ?
    if so why did he enter ?
    Some people are born fighters and Toney just loves to fight regardless.. He wanted to stay active by fighting in the tourney while waiting for somebody relevant to step up..

Yes he is a slow fighter these days , so losing to a journeyman helped him how ?
    why didn't he just fight a journeyman over 12 rounds ?
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

if so why did he enter ?

Yes he is a slow fighter these days , so losing to a journeyman helped him how ?
    Because the Prizefighter tourney have been getting some headlines and he'd get more shine by fighting in one rather than facing a journeyman in a 12 rounder..

And did you miss the part where he got jobbed? If it wasn't for that, he'd be in a different place right now...

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

if so why did he enter ?

Because the Prizefighter tourney have been getting some headlines and he'd get more shine by fighting in one rather than facing a journeyman in a 12 rounder..

And did you miss the part where he got jobbed? If it wasn't for that, he'd be in a different place right now...
    I watched prizefighter live , and in a free swinging brawl , they don't always go for the more accurate fighter , so it happens all the time in past prizefighters , which is my point ,
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

if so why did he enter ?

I watched prizefighter live , and in a free swinging brawl , they don't always go for the more accurate fighter , so it happens all the time in past prizefighters , which is my point ,
    POint taken... Shady decision aside, you got to admit Toney performed pretty well..

He's earned another shot at a named fighter.

Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Toney and his team obviously didnt realise how exhausting tring to keep ahead of someone for just 3 rounds would be. I believe they did try to pace themselves as in the first fight but I dont think Toney trains intense enough to keep such a hectic pace and be ready to do it over again. He landed all the shots against Gavern, all Gavern did is push Toney back and miss.

Lucas Browne just smashed one of Hayes "top" sparring partners but couldnt put a dent in a fatter Toney over 12 and even got wobbled himself a few times and Toney probably would have got the decision if not in Australia.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fucking lunatics. Wilder would kill Toney. Hopefully not literally.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Fucking lunatics. Wilder would kill Toney. Hopefully not literally.
    Wilders record flatters to deceive.

His last fight, being aganst someone like a relative novice of 16 fights like Fury (at the time) stopped early, im betting most thought he would anhialate him in the first but he didnt.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is comedy Ross, you see whatever you want to no matter the fight. Wilder could be just as overrated as you hope he is, the fact is he's massive and has power, this fight would be sadistic.

Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    This is comedy Ross, you see whatever you want to no matter the fight. Wilder could be just as overrated as you hope he is, the fact is he's massive and has power, this fight would be sadistic.
    I see what I want to see?

You clearly dont see what everyone else does

Wilder has been kept wrapped up for 30 fights because he's not that great. He is powerfull but doesn't have the experience a man of his amount of fights should have to make the best use of that power. He rushed in, swings wildly and misses and falls over.

His stoppage of Harrison was laughable for a man of that many bouts. It looked like some unlicensed fighter swinging.

The reason he's been held back for so long is because they know full well his chin isn't very good and being in the position he is right now, on the verge of a title shot, I doubt they will take the fight with someone as dangerous as Fury.

If Fury was so shit and not a danger to anyone and Haye could box rings round him and finish him so quickly why is he "retiring" rather than fight someone so easy to beat as Tyson Fury? Its because in reality Fury is huge, strong, puts punches together, can fight inside, has very good stamina, tough and does have power.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Right, because you clearly represent the views of "everyone else" so frequently, you juvenile cunt. I'm not talking about Wilder, I just said he may well be as overrated as you think he is. James Toney is finished, that's all there is to it. He can't beat anyone and should retire without a KO loss for his own good.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Toney is finished, he would be like a sitting duck for Wilder.
    He is lucky these young guys realize there's no upside to beating an old, used up fighter like Toney.
    James, retire man! Please!

Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm pretty much alone in my dislike of Toney.... so I for one wouldn't terribly mind seeing him get his wish and step into a ring with Wilder. Hell... I'd probably record the damn thing so I could cheer myself up when I'm down. C'mon Toney..... get a fight signed with that "little punk" (heh-heh-heh).

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Right, because you clearly represent the views of "everyone else" so frequently, you juvenile cunt. I'm not talking about Wilder, I just said he may well be as overrated as you think he is. James Toney is finished, that's all there is to it. He can't beat anyone and should retire without a KO loss for his own good.
    Erm...and you neg repped me for criticising a blatant cheat like Ward and for being negative. Hark at yourself calling people a cunt on the main board. Hypocrite.

Ward is a cheat who attracts fans like a fat girl attracts rational men. Toney on the other hand is a beautiful fighter, who even at 45 refuses to clinch like a baby. Toney clearly won both fights in Prizefighter and looked decent.

I would like to see him fight Wilder actually. Toney would make him wing it in the early rounds and then pile on some embarrassment later on. And at 45 and without hugging or a fear of flying or a fear of weight jumping etc.

Toney is the definition of a warrior. Anywhere, anytime. He means it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wilder by easy decision.

Thread Information