Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Danny Garcia in talks to defend against Mauricio Herrera at 140lbs. next

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Thinking that 'looking beyond' won the night

Once again a 'FNF fighter' takes the network man to Hell
    Herrera won. No doubt about it.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Danny Garcia in talks to defend against Mauricio Herrera at 140lbs. next

I still think Garcia is an average fighter. Hes put in a good performance against Matthysse but apart from that Ive never been impressed. Looked pretty shit against a shot Morales in their 1st fight and did not impress v Judah. Really been riding that KO win over Khan. Talk of him facing Mayweather is pathetic but no doubt Floyd will pick him. Id like to see him rematch Khan or Matthysse.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Danny Garcia in talks to defend against Mauricio Herrera at 140lbs. next

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    I still think Garcia is an average fighter. Hes put in a good performance against Matthysse but apart from that Ive never been impressed. Looked pretty shit against a shot Morales in their 1st fight and did not impress v Judah. Really been riding that KO win over Khan. Talk of him facing Mayweather is pathetic but no doubt Floyd will pick him. Id like to see him rematch Khan or Matthysse.
    NEVER BEEN BIG ON GARCUA SURPRISED HOW MAny people picked him ko herrera still cant believe he beat lucas

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Decent card, I think Danny deserved the nod with his classier combos

Scott took a dive for his mate. Disappointing effort again from him

Deleon was stopped prematurely but what did he expect in peurto Rico

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by armin View Post
    NEVER BEEN BIG ON GARCUA SURPRISED HOW MAny people picked him ko herrera still cant believe he beat lucas
    I had it scored 114-114 but have no real problem with the champ getting the nod

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by GAME View Post

I think it was a dive too... but it wasn't me in the ring. Stuff happens in Puerto Rico.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    It is a step back, but in shape Herrera might be able to offer a test. The scale of the fight would give him a proper training camp, which I doubt he has had much of in his career.
    Very true Gandalf, and your prognosis of the situation was understated, which shows a remarkable self restraint and a penchant for Friday Night Fights with the remarkable Teddy Atlas.

In all seriousness, I thought Herrera was excellent. He beat Garcia to the punch in most rounds, he backed Garcia up, and dominated the exchanges.

The fix was in with the revelation of the 8th round cards. I feel bad for Herrera who clearly did have time to train, was in fantastic shape, was awkward, unpredictable, and beat the man for all to see.

A terrible decision and a shame only Paulie defended his own card from a non-pundit 'let's not rock the boat' stance. Al Bernstein had Herrera up yet constantly tried to justify the closeness of the fight. It was like Goebbels. At least Paulie told the truth and good on him.

Shame on Showtime today and I don't usually say that. Two terrible fights. A fake KO and a complete robbery.

Mentioned
    430 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Seeing that as well. Just a few rounds in you could see a little confusion on him. Herrera was sneaking him and showed craftiness and hustle that a Mayweather duplicates by the truckload. Garcia took a nothing to gain and everything to lose fight vs a guy they probably only watched one time, and lost quite a bit last night.

Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GAME View Post

I think it was a dive too... but it wasn't me in the ring. Stuff happens in Puerto Rico.

We can substitute Texas or Mexico in there and you'd have a true statement as well. Honestly I'm amazed at how one bad card seems to create a mountain of discontent which only gets bigger with each passing comment.

My own take on the 3 fights:

De Leon was stopped prematurely for some..... appropriately for others. Even the TV commentators were divided on that one. He had been dropped with a vicious right hook.... and he never seemed to fully recover. Premature stoppages will be a controversial part of boxing when we're all dead and gone.

Scott either took a dive, or was shitting his pants on the way to the ring. Either way, it was a robbery of paying fans..... and Scott should have his purse withheld pending a full investigation.

Yes..... the Garcia-Herrera decision was a shitty one. A hometown decision, clearly. Difference is, I'll call them like I see them no matter WHERE it happens. Blind fucking fans, like a couple I won't mention on this forum, will only call them when it occurs outside of their own backyard.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by armin View Post
    I had it scored 114-114 but have no real problem with the champ getting the nod
    Oh I didn't think it was a ROBBERY or anything but a slightly favorable decision. I was just surprised at how everyone beforehand thought he was koing herrera, knocking out khan doesnt turn you into a bomber, basically like you I have never been all that impressed with him.

Thread Information