3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: How Far Can Golovkin Go?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lineal View Post
    I think the sky is the limit for Golovkin. Fights and wins over Lemieux, the Lee/ Saunders winner, the Canelo/ Cotto winner and the Jacobs/ Quillin winner would make it very hard to deny his ability. Plus you have guys like Soliman, Wade, Eubank Jr, Centeno Jr and Johnson for him to stay busy against.

I don't think GGG needs to move up at this stage. He offered Ward a 164 fair catchweight considering Ward was willing to make 160 for Floyd. Ward should be concentrating on the Groves/ Jack winner, DeGale, Andre Dirrell or the Hopkins/ Abraham winner if that fight happens.
    He offered Ward to cut 8lbs and a paycut. That offer was a f'n joke and people need to call it like it is. Ward can fight Joe Blow at whatever weight he wants or he can cut 8lbs for less money. GTFOOH with that nonsense. I could be back on board with GGG if they would just be honest and say "GGG isn't good at fighting inside so they don't want to fight Ward". It's that easy. F the 10k excuses and fake offers.
    So why should Golovkin have to go to 168? He doesn't need Ward. Hell make more fighting Canelo/ Cotto, the Lee/ Saunders winner and Jacobs/ Quillin. There are four fights ahead of GGG that'll keep him busy for another year, maybe two.

Why is Ward after Golovkin? Andre Dirrel is at 168. Groves, DeGale. If he can fight Joe Blow then why isn't he targeting these guys? Golovkin is fighting in his first unification, Ward should be fighting the top contenders in his division.

I think Ward beats GGG at this stage, but Golovkin has work to do at 160 first before I want to see him move up, Ward should be continuing to fight the best in his division in the mean time, unless you prefer the Joe Blows.

Mentioned
    1684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bozo6 View Post
    We may never know how good he is. He doesn't fight often enough, and the opponents that are good enough to give us a measurement against, wont fight him!

He is going to have to step up in weight to fight guys game enough to fight him. They only will fight him because they will believe they have a weight, size advantage..

He is starting to remind me of Kostya Tszu.... Doesn't fight often enough, and will enter long periods of inactivity. (which was Kostyas undoing)
    Triple G is very active and fights the top fighters available at the weight.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Let's wait and see how he does against that Canadian punk. Lol

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think the sky is the limit for Golovkin. Fights and wins over Lemieux, the Lee/ Saunders winner, the Canelo/ Cotto winner and the Jacobs/ Quillin winner would make it very hard to deny his ability. Plus you have guys like Soliman, Wade, Eubank Jr, Centeno Jr and Johnson for him to stay busy against.

I don't think GGG needs to move up at this stage. He offered Ward a 164 fair catchweight considering Ward was willing to make 160 for Floyd. Ward should be concentrating on the Groves/ Jack winner, DeGale, Andre Dirrell or the Hopkins/ Abraham winner if that fight happens.
    He offered Ward to cut 8lbs and a paycut. That offer was a f'n joke and people need to call it like it is. Ward can fight Joe Blow at whatever weight he wants or he can cut 8lbs for less money. GTFOOH with that nonsense. I could be back on board with GGG if they would just be honest and say "GGG isn't good at fighting inside so they don't want to fight Ward". It's that easy. F the 10k excuses and fake offers.
    So why should Golovkin have to go to 168? He doesn't need Ward. Hell make more fighting Canelo/ Cotto, the Lee/ Saunders winner and Jacobs/ Quillin. There are four fights ahead of GGG that'll keep him busy for another year, maybe two.

Why is Ward after Golovkin? Andre Dirrel is at 168. Groves, DeGale. If he can fight Joe Blow then why isn't he targeting these guys? Golovkin is fighting in his first unification, Ward should be fighting the top contenders in his division.

I think Ward beats GGG at this stage, but Golovkin has work to do at 160 first before I want to see him move up, Ward should be continuing to fight the best in his division in the mean time, unless you prefer the Joe Blows.
    It's simple. I want to see the best fight the best. GGGs fans are against that desperately and for the life of me I can't figure out why.

Lee/Saunders winner! Who cares? These are not great fighters. They wouldn't even sniff titles if the division wasn't putrid. I mean Jermaine Taylor is brain dead shot and he was just champ. Sam Solimon is, I shouldn't even have to explain what he is and he was just champ. This big test for GGG that is his breakout fight is against a guy who was beaten by Joachim Alcine! Joachim Alcine FFS! People keep building this guy up and that guy up. None of them do shit before, during or after the fights. Call it like it is. Ward wants to fight GGG and then go to 175, that is the right thing. He fought the best at 168, he wants the best at of 160 and then to go for the best at 175. Beating Cotto or Alvarez doesn't prove shit. They have never proven themselves the best at any division let alone 160, they don't even fight at 160 because they can't.

I think GGG is great. I've said it for years. I just want to see him try to prove it. They went from GGG not being able to fight Ward because GGG wasn't a big enough name to GGG can't fight him because Ward isn't a draw. How is that not a problem? GGG wasn't a big enough name to too big a name. Did that change by him beating Geale? Was it Macklin? Perhaps it was Rosado?

Let's try this. Answer this question honestly. Is there another great 160lb fighter? If the answer is no a great fighter should look elsewhere
    Last edited by Ron Swanson; 08-22-2015 at 08:28 AM.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's simple. I want to see the best fight the best. GGGs fans are against that desperately and for the life of me I can't figure out why.

Lee/Saunders winner! Who cares? These are not great fighters. They wouldn't even sniff titles if the division wasn't putrid. I mean Jermaine Taylor is brain dead shot and he was just champ. Sam Solimon is, I shouldn't even have to explain what he is and he was just champ. This big test for GGG that is his breakout fight is against a guy who was beaten by Joachim Alcine! Joachim Alcine FFS! People keep building this guy up and that guy up. None of them do shit before, during or after the fights. Call it like it is.

Let's try this. Answer this question honestly. Is there another great 160lb fighter? If the answer is no a great fighter should look elsewhere
    You detractors crack me up.Especially those detractors that wouldn't say shit about Floyd or Ward if their mouths were full of it. How come nobody asks either one of those two to move up? Ward has not had a live opponent for 5 years and Floyd has been cherry picking his last few fights. One could easily argue Manny included. Where was the outcry when Hopkins dominated the canned vegetable aisle? Why should 3g move up and not the other frauds be ordered to fight him? Why dont they just hand in their belts instead making money by pimping false idols while the real champion waits in the wilderness? Where were the demands for Hagler to fight Spinks? And Monzon who'd he beat at their prime at 160? Why are these three mentioned by many in the top 5 middleweights of all time? All of them made their legacy at that weight against ex welters. Tell those other posers to fight the guy or leave town. Its a farce and he's the guy expected to make all the sacrifices. If only he hailed from another country.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lee/Saunders winner! Who cares? These are not great fighters. They wouldn't even sniff titles if the division wasn't putrid. I mean Jermaine Taylor is brain dead shot and he was just champ. Sam Solimon is, I shouldn't even have to explain what he is and he was just champ. This big test for GGG that is his breakout fight is against a guy who was beaten by Joachim Alcine! Joachim Alcine FFS! People keep building this guy up and that guy up. None of them do shit before, during or after the fights. Call it like it is. Ward wants to fight GGG and then go to 175, that is the right thing. He fought the best at 168, he wants the best at of 160 and then to go for the best at 175. Beating Cotto or Alvarez doesn't prove shit. They have never proven themselves the best at any division let alone 160, they don't even fight at 160 because they can't.

I think GGG is great. I've said it for years. I just want to see him try to prove it. They went from GGG not being able to fight Ward because GGG wasn't a big enough name to GGG can't fight him because Ward isn't a draw. How is that not a problem? GGG wasn't a big enough name to too big a name. Did that change by him beating Geale? Was it Macklin? Perhaps it was Rosado?

Golovkin would make more in a fight against the Cotto/ Canelo winner, than fighting Ward. Fighting the other belt holders builds pressure for that fight to happen.

There may not be other great fighters at 160, but what other great fighters are at 168? By your reasoning Ward should be looking elsewhere. If he wants GGG he'll have to go to 164. If he doesn't want to he can move to 175. Better yet why not face some of the contenders at 168? I notice you avoided that. Golovkin may not be fighting great fighters but he is cleaning out the division. Ward should do the same now that he is back in the ring. I still want to see him against Andre Dirrell.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He needs to beat an elite fighter first to prove he is the real deal cuz beating a bunch of cans dont mean shit.

He has been on that Lucian bute path and im not sold.

Thread Information