Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: GGG joins DAZN

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Lets slow our roll on Hearn is taking over hoopla . Congrats he signed a guy on the tail end of his career and who has already shown he'll wait on Canelo and follow his lead for the most part and I say that as a Golovkin fan. Rob a guy enough and he'll follow you where he must in hopes of redemption. I'll play devils advocate, boxing needs competition not a singular monopoly with a one dimensional delivery platform. Yes I subscribed to Dazn and call the U.S of A home but Showtime and one or two large Stateside networks are necessary for nothing else than to afford the multitude of boxers an equal opportunity and working options. If Dazn was the only big show in town my interest would wane. Same with any other platforms. Showtime makes it a habit of promoting young up and comers in addition to featured stars and I don't really see Dazn to interested in a long game so to speak. Remember when PBC was 'taking over'? There's always another shark entering the tank. And frankly I don't want all of my 'big' fights on a screen an 8th of the size of my television and airing in the late afternoon to early evening compared to traditional prime time slot on a weekend night. It throws the whole vibe off. This sport is far more than the same ol "mega" stars and divas clamoring about who has more zeroes on their checks. We want the best fighting the best but we're selling fans and tons of fighters short to think that's all we need to require on every fight night to keep the sport viable. Frankly I think we get a little bit spoiled. Dazn is a great addition to a healthy field, an alternative for both fan and pro but as goes the sport..no one boxer is bigger than the sport.

Eddie Hearn Offers Deontay Wilder Deal To Fight Anthony Joshua This Year

https://www.balls.ie/boxing/eddie-he...ua-year-406643

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Lets slow our roll on Hearn is taking over hoopla . Congrats he signed a guy on the tail end of his career and who has already shown he'll wait on Canelo and follow his lead for the most part and I say that as a Golovkin fan. Rob a guy enough and he'll follow you where he must in hopes of redemption. I'll play devils advocate, boxing needs competition not a singular monopoly with a one dimensional delivery platform. Yes I subscribed to Dazn and call the U.S of A home but Showtime and one or two large Stateside networks are necessary for nothing else than to afford the multitude of boxers an equal opportunity and working options. If Dazn was the only big show in town my interest would wane. Same with any other platforms. Showtime makes it a habit of promoting young up and comers in addition to featured stars and I don't really see Dazn to interested in a long game so to speak. Remember when PBC was 'taking over'? There's always another shark entering the tank. And frankly I don't want all of my 'big' fights on a screen an 8th of the size of my television and airing in the late afternoon to early evening compared to traditional prime time slot on a weekend night. It throws the whole vibe off. This sport is far more than the same ol "mega" stars and divas clamoring about who has more zeroes on their checks. We want the best fighting the best but we're selling fans and tons of fighters short to think that's all we need to require on every fight night to keep the sport viable. Frankly I think we get a little bit spoiled. Dazn is a great addition to a healthy field, an alternative for both fan and pro but as goes the sport..no one boxer is bigger than the sport.

Eddie Hearn Offers Deontay Wilder Deal To Fight Anthony Joshua This Year

https://www.balls.ie/boxing/eddie-he...ua-year-406643
    Sounds like too much money for a guy with unfinished business and arguably off a loss . Didn't they just go through this whole dog and pony show? Besides, Wilder sounds like he's already making excuses. And Joshua has yet to look devastating v Big Chubs.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Really don’t understand the trend on this site to root for a platform and a promoter rather than root for fights
    Shut the fuck up Ron

Thread Information