Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  41
Likes Likes:  419
Dislikes Dislikes:  3
Page 234 of 312 FirstFirst ... 134184224232233234235236244284 ... LastLast
Results 3,496 to 3,510 of 4666

Thread: last movie you watched (Flag Up SPOILERS)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: last movie you watched (Flag Up SPOILERS)

I watched the dark tower last night

If you haven't read the books you won't have a fucking clue what it is about
    If you have read the books you will be left scratching your head wondering how someone can get something so wrong

They should have just change the characters names and left the dark tower franchise untainted

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Have been watching Ken Burns The Vietnam war series and really surprised at the depth and big picture background. It gives The Ten Thousand day war released in the early 80's a solid run.
    Awesome is an incredibly overused word in your part of the world but this documentary was awesome. Some of the stories were breathtaking. I'm going to watch this again at some point in the future.
    It was a good documentary but really on the "how fucked up it was" not really touching on the guys who were proud to serve. They also neglected to mention all the South Korean troops serving in Vietnam @Gandalf
    They did well to show distinction between guys joining early and rallying for what turned out to be a pile of BS escalation and 'just cause' and post Tet offensive and rise of returning vets, protesters and Washington insiders turning against it. The Company commander, name escapes me, who reenlisted to take place of his brother to return to unit in 68 and find all draftees just counting the days and open air of decent and zero faith in stated "goals" and political leadership. For many their pride was trampled and trashed not by their own boots but they are very much proud men. Collectively this Country failed the Vietnam veteran prior, during and far to long after the war.
    No it's all bullshit, the French fucked up Vietnam they are to blame

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Have been watching Ken Burns The Vietnam war series and really surprised at the depth and big picture background. It gives The Ten Thousand day war released in the early 80's a solid run.
    Awesome is an incredibly overused word in your part of the world but this documentary was awesome. Some of the stories were breathtaking. I'm going to watch this again at some point in the future.
    It was a good documentary but really on the "how fucked up it was" not really touching on the guys who were proud to serve. They also neglected to mention all the South Korean troops serving in Vietnam @Gandalf
    They did well to show distinction between guys joining early and rallying for what turned out to be a pile of BS escalation and 'just cause' and post Tet offensive and rise of returning vets, protesters and Washington insiders turning against it. The Company commander, name escapes me, who reenlisted to take place of his brother to return to unit in 68 and find all draftees just counting the days and open air of decent and zero faith in stated "goals" and political leadership. For many their pride was trampled and trashed not by their own boots but they are very much proud men. Collectively this Country failed the Vietnam veteran prior, during and far to long after the war.
    No it's all bullshit, the French fucked up Vietnam they are to blame
    The French gave us a glaring preview of things to come which we ignored. Blame Washington.

also I tried to watch Hands Of stone the other night. Turned it off after 15 minutes. Might need to give it another chance but seemed so bleh.
    Last edited by Spicoli; 10-16-2017 at 11:55 AM.

El Kabong Guest

Vietnam = No good deed goes unpunished....We wanted to help France and also curb the spread of Communism and we fucked up on both accounts. Vietnam was a very winnable war, but this was about the time when politicians deemed it very important to micromanage the war instead of letting our guys do their thing....granted they decided to do that because MacArthur screwed the pooch in Korea by pushing the Commies back past the Yalu which of course got China MORE involved...but I digress.

I've got hands of Stone on my list, been meaning to watch it, but I've kind of been worried to watch since I haven't heard anything at all about the movie (indifference is worse than hearing it's good or bad).

I have started watching Netflix original 'Mindhunter' which is about the FBI in the mid-late 1970's when the Behavioral Analysis Unit started to grow from seed to sapling. Here's the trailer.

It's REALLY good and it's merging real life events with a bit of drama of course. One of the guys featured is Edmund Kemper aka The Coed Killer
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edmund_Kemper

6'9 300 pound serial killer with a reported IQ of 145, .....yeah, a lil scary, a lil intimidating.
    Last edited by El Kabong; 10-17-2017 at 06:24 AM.

Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The only reasons that there hasn't been a massive pushback against this show from the right about how it's liberal peacenik propaganda are that a. the war happened fifty years ago and b. LBJ and Nixon are on tape discussing how the war can't be won in the sixties, the publication of various documents and so on. Otherwise there would have been a full scale Fahrenheit 911 style attack from the right about this. (Also incidentally the documentary shows that Nixon committed treason and told his underlings to use the media to destroy Ellsberg and some body else, which means the right must have some power in the liberal media who as the documentary said mainly acted like cheerleaders for the war until even the politicians gave up on it).

It may take fifty years for a similarly honest documentary on the Iraq war. I would guess it'll take until our economies have transitioned out of hydrocarbon energy sources and the central role of oil in the war can be freely discussed. Maybe even a few documents come out between then and now, no more tapes ever I'm guessing. Although the Bush administration did have man sized safes installed in the White House and a shredding firm on speed dial so maybe not. It's a good job for the Bush people that the preservation of records/classified information laws don't apply to Republican politicians.

Mentioned
    1683 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Watched Moneyball starring Brad Pitt as a general manager of the Oakland A's. Faced with a tight budget, he must reinvent his team by outsmarting the richer ball clubs. Joining forces with Ivy League graduate he prepares to challenge old-school traditions. He recruits bargain-bin players whom the scouts have labeled as flawed, but have game-winning potential. At the end Red Sox offer him loads of money to move there.

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Watched Sand Castle. It feels odd seeing so many movies based on early years of Iraq war now..part: Deux. Not bad at all and more centered on the smaller 'winning hearts and minds' undertakings soldiers were tasked with, though not very well thought out by higher ups. Had no idea that the guy who plays 'Ocre' is same one who has played Beast in the X-Men movies.

Mentioned
    1683 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Watched Fences starring Denzil Washington very poignant, powerful and I found sad film.

Watched 2 animation movies Sing and the secret Life of pets both had good soundtracks definantly aimed at our generation.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1683 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Monolith is suppose to be a horror movie where a mother and her son travel in a technological advanced car and get into a terrible accident in the middle of nowhere and now must fight to survive. It stars Katrina Bowden as the hot mother but you end up hating her for the dumb things she does to gt into the situation.

Mentioned
    1683 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You Don't Mess with the Zohan is an awful movie starring Adam Sandler and I only watched the film to see Emmanuelle Chriqui. She is hot!

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    You Don't Mess with the Zohan is an awful movie starring Adam Sandler and I only watched the film to see Emmanuelle Chriqui. She is hot!
    No woman is hot enough to suffer through an Adam Sandler movie

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Blade Runner 2049

Absolutely incredible!

El Kabong Guest

Documentary called 'An Open Secret' about what is actually happening in Hollywood and it's rating on Rotten Tomatoes is 93% positive, here it is for free until October 31st and then I guess it goes to wherever. It's disturbing of course, but holy shit do people need to be wised up as to what is happening not only in Hollywood but around the world with this.

El Kabong Guest

Amy Berg, director of 'An Open Secret' directed 'Deliver Us From Evil' (for which she was nominated for an Oscar)about the pedo problem in the Catholic Church where now one of the very highest Vatican officials got popped for being a pedo.

Hollywood tried to block this movie from various film festivals as well....fucking crazy and some of the folks in this movie are STILL working with kids.

Anyway, not to get on a tangent but it's a damned good documentary.

I last watched 'The Babysitter' a Netflix original it's funny and along the lines of Tucker and Dale as well as Cabin in the Woods, very well done

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Watched Jungle with Daniel Radcliffe. Not bad. Shows how tough being lost in the jungle can be.
    They live, We sleep

Thread Information