89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Hatton lost the fight?

Quote Originally Posted by Salhadin
    Here come the hatton followers Thank you, i was alone for a sec

i always say what i see and if Ricky does'nt get another dimension to his style and fights PBF the way he did Collazo earlier the PBF will toy with him then batter him silly.
    i Love Hatton and have followed him for years but he's tailor made for Floyd if he does what he did earlier.
    hate to say it but it's so true.
    Head movement and 100 times more lateral movement are all he's lacking.
    If he does'nt adress this issue then it's simply target practice for Mayweather.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Let me clarify the judah comment. Judah doesn't have a belt or good stock at the moment (plus he can't fight for a year or something ridiculous). I'm a big believer in Judah when he believes in himself. I meant something to attract Hatton to the fight.

As far as hatton's style, I don't think it lends well to fighting a naturally bigger men (at least with gloves on . He comes straight ahead. Against a large opponent that will take its toll a lot faster than someone Hatton's size. Hatton's major advantages are his strength, toughness, endurance and aggressiveness (don't his defensive ability). It's not a style that translates as well if you're going up in weight. A talented boxer would do much better going up in weight because he relies on not getting hit as much. To some degree, Ricky takes one to give one. He likes to bang it out. That doesn't work as you fight larger/stronger opponents. That doesn't mean that style won't work at his natural weight. Most men his size can't take it.

As far as Floyd goes, I refuse to conceed he can beat anyone. I can't stand him. If he couldn't talk, I might like him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Entragian
    Let me clarify the judah comment. Judah doesn't have a belt or good stock at the moment (plus he can't fight for a year or something ridiculous). I'm a big believer in Judah when he believes in himself. I meant something to attract Hatton to the fight.

As far as hatton style, I don't think it lends well to fighting a naturally bigger and talented man. He comes straight ahead. Against a large opponent that will take toll a lot faster than someone Hatton's size. Part of Hatton's strength is his strength, toughness, endurance and aggressiveness. It's not a style that translates as well if you're going up in weight. A talented boxer would do much better going up in weight because he relies on not getting hit as much. To some degree, Ricky takes one to give one. He likes to bang it out. That doesn't work as you fight larger/stronger opponents. That doesn't mean that style won't work at his natural weight. Most men his size can't take it.

As far as Floyd goes, I refuse to conceed he can beat anyone. I can't stand him. If he couldn't talk, I might like him.
    Its like Steward said...

This guy was tougher for hatton cuz he's naturally Bigger

Judah/ Mayweather/ Gatti are NOT naturally stronger so hatton can impose the 3 things you mentioned on all of them..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

it's like Stewart said

"Well to tell the truth I was scared for Ricky when he signed the fight because I had a feeling that he would be getting exposed like this against Collazo"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Exposed?? He won....

Mayweather got exposed in rounds 1-4 against Judah...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayweather adapted. Hatton seemed content with blocking punches with his face

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Salhadin
    Exposed?? He won....

Mayweather got exposed in rounds 1-4 against Judah...
    ....man are you fucking serious.....you cant be....i hope your not. Mayweather won that fight...hatton did not win this one. Hatton thought he could walk through collazo and collazo pretty much said "BULLSHIT" and hatton had no plan B. He brawled against Maussa and Tszyu and had some help of the refs who let him hold and wrestle until his heat was content...thought the US would accept it and he was wrong.
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Smashup
    Yank boxing is on the slide
    Euro fighters are pretty much kicking your behinds.
    Look at the Heavies,then theres Calzaghe making a prick out of Lacy.
    And Mr Hatton of course.
    Some of you US Idiots honestly can't accept that the Big US hold on the fight game is not what it used to be.
    I find it f*ck hillarious and so do senior members of this site
    Deal with it in an adult manner or at least try to accept this unequivical and undeniable fact.
    It's hard to look at the Heavy's. Every time I do, Audley Harrison and Danny Williams make me laugh. If the US loses it's hold on boxing, it will give way to Mexico, Tiawan, or whoever. But it won't be the Euro's. You can't be number one, when most of your fighters have no heart. There mostly all just show and flash. When it gets exposed. They run and hide. Hamed, Vitali. And so on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think it was 114-113 to Hatton, i have to say it was the hardest fight i have ever seen Ricky have. Coming into the 4th rd Ricky seemed to have lost his spirit. Normally there is a twinkle in his eyes but i saw very little if none in this fight. I admit i havent seen much of Collazo but he impressed me last night , he took what Ricky had to offer and to be honest didnt seem to worried. Infact he looked pretty good when the final bell rang, and he took the result like a true gent. People were saying before the fight that Collazo is hard to look good against and i think this rings true for Ricky. Like the Joe and Lacey fight, it wasnt the Lacey i was expecting to see turn up that night and last night it wasnt the Ricky i expected to see.
    If he is going to prove himself to the U.S. then he is going to have to have much more clean-cut results.
    I have watched and been a Hatton fan for 11 yrs but to be honest he scraped though this one. An i am not to ashamed to admit i was scared for him at times thoughout this fight.
    On another note Hatton has plenty of heart just not in last nights fight.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

not in this fight?? the last round hatton cAME on stronger after he got his legs back, hes a true warrior

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not saying he isnt a warrior he took alot of punches and was still coming forward but what i was saying is he didnt seem himself in this fight and i think it showed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gentlemen, there was a winner and a rightful winner, who came forward ALL FIGHT LOOOOOOOOOOONG.
    He took a lot of punches, too many for my and no doubt his liking but he put Collazo on his arse in the first round and established a fast start that stood him in good stead as the natural welterweights strength came to the fore in the last round.
    Collazo is tough and he can be slick but he didn't want it enough and at times it looked like he had lost heart in his corner. Full marks to him for rallying strongly in the last round.
    The pendulum did swing in this fight and Ricky desperately needs some head movement and some of the lateral movement we have seen him show when he is in full confidence.

Ricky came as the challenger and he needed to show he was ready to fight a war.
    It was a war that Ricky initiated at every opportunity.
    Always the one to start to come forward.
    Full marks for Ricky staying the distance in the last round, that was pure heart.
    The heart of a champion.
    He did the hard work in a hard way but boy he is entertaining, and now he is a Welterweight champion.
    Congratulations Mr Hatton and don't forget to give the two finger salute to Frank Warren on your way out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was a damn close fight. Watching the replay, I had it 114/113 Hatton. But I do think a couple of the rounds Collazo won, could of gone either way, indeed a lot of the rounds were very tight, it was just Hatton caught the eye because of his aggressiveness.

But hey, I said this could be a hard fight, Hatton is going to have get used to this, if he continues to fight at top level. But I think he can learn from this, and comeback a better fighter in the future, he will need to when it is Mayweather or even Baldomir in the opposite corner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cool click for you Britkid, you said it all.
    It was a tough fight at the very highest level.
    Hatton was fighting a southpaw for the first time in years and fighting up a wight class in a foreign country.
    Can he get better?
    He needs to, so I hope so because he is so entertaining and such an honest gentleman.

Thread Information