Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: ESPN FNF Kermit Cintron-Antwone Smith

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I really can't doubt Hopkins on what he's saying here. I am thoroughly convinced he knocks Dawson around late who I think will become stuck in between styles. This is the WRONG guy to experiment with when it comes to new found pressure and hard mentality for Dawson....Manny ain't fighting the fight for him.
    I don't think Steward can really get much more out of DAwson than Dawson has shown in the past.

Dawson is passive. That is his makeup. He takes rounds off if he is ahead. He takes parts of rounds off (end of rounds when he has won the first 2-2.5 mins of the round). He just isn't aggressive.

Do I think Dawson can't win the fight? No, I don't think that he can't win. He has good physical skills that could really give BHOP trouble. If BHOP can dictate the pace and the distance of the fight then he will win the fight because of his greater desire and passion.

Plus, at what point does BHOP get very old overnight

I pick BHOP but it should be an intriguing affair.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by captainanddew View Post
    I really can't doubt Hopkins on what he's saying here. I am thoroughly convinced he knocks Dawson around late who I think will become stuck in between styles. This is the WRONG guy to experiment with when it comes to new found pressure and hard mentality for Dawson....Manny ain't fighting the fight for him.
    I don't think Steward can really get much more out of DAwson than Dawson has shown in the past.

Dawson is passive. That is his makeup. He takes rounds off if he is ahead. He takes parts of rounds off (end of rounds when he has won the first 2-2.5 mins of the round). He just isn't aggressive.

Do I think Dawson can't win the fight? No, I don't think that he can't win. He has good physical skills that could really give BHOP trouble. If BHOP can dictate the pace and the distance of the fight then he will win the fight because of his greater desire and passion.

I'm beginning to wonder if BHOP already has grown old and has just learned to fight in a way that hides it. That's impossible, right?
    Hidden Content Bring me the best and I will knock them out-Alexis Arguello
    I'm not God, but I am something similar-Robert Duran

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    Good evening gentlemen.

Ahhh, we have Kermit "The Cry Baby" Cintron to make fun of tonight. I wonder if he'll give us his Greg Louganis impersonation.

Sorry Mars, I know you like him.
    Hey Diane, I'm not really a big fan of Cintron, it's more of a joke than anything, you never know what you're going to get with this dude.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like this swing bout. 2 local guys who want to make something of their part-time boxing career. Both look like decent athletes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Smith can box sorta .. Cintron will loose

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like this swing bout. 2 local guys who want to make something of their part-time boxing career. Both look like decent athletes.
    Yup. That left hook just doesn't miss.
    Hidden Content Bring me the best and I will knock them out-Alexis Arguello
    I'm not God, but I am something similar-Robert Duran

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gibson seems to have the better fire power, Hughes is game however, 2nd KD.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is Hughes bleeding out of the back of his head?
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hughes looks done, they'll prolly stop this one soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by marbleheadmaui View Post

I'm beginning to wonder if BHOP already has grown old and has just learned to fight in a way that hides it. That's impossible, right?
    he has grown old and hides it amazingly well. But his mind is still young and he uses all the tools of the trade. Hitting on the hip, low blows, spinning a guy, headbutts, head games. He uses all of that and he has such good sneaky straight rights. He leads with that sneaky right hands and guys just don't expect it.

Gibson is going to get KO'd violently by a right hand in a minute.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Always remember to use an uppercut when a pug sticks his tongue out at you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gibson is a better athlete. Hughes's left hand just needs to be higher. Leaving yourself wide open to the right hand is a bad idea!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

he has grown old and hides it amazingly well. But his mind is still young and he uses all the tools of the trade. Hitting on the hip, low blows, spinning a guy, headbutts, head games. He uses all of that and he has such good sneaky straight rights. He leads with that sneaky right hands and guys just don't expect it.

I think you meant Hughes Capt, BTW, Cheers.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Both guys are dead tired now,.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post

I think you meant Hughes Capt, BTW, Cheers.
    it gets hard to remember which no name guy is which!!!! Kudos to Hughes for hanging in and to Gibson for throwing some good right hands (he needs to throw some body shots!!!!!)

Thread Information