Cool Clicks

Default Re: Floyd is total BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_G
    I was watching some old clips of PBF saying he beat the best at 140

Who did he fight and beat at 140?

Henry Bruseles
    DeMarcus Corley
    Arturo Gatti

Now he wants to fight Ricky Hatton at 147 for the Welter weight strap?
    What a joke! What has Ricky done to deserve a shot at another title in a weight division he can't hang in?

Here is a little clip/screen shot of a post I found rather humorous.
    It sums it up pretty nice and I feel the same way about this as the person who posted it.

Floyd proves he is still a fraud. More smoke and mirrors and his fan boys will eat it up believing Floyd is the Messiah.

You know what? BULLSHIET!
    Sorry, that was a sneeze.
    I kind of agree with what you are saying, but I won't go as far as fraud... I do think Floyd is an amazing boxer protecting his undefeated record. There are many fights out there that he could take if he really wanted to put his money where his mouth is. (Many of them he could win and that's what pisses me off about him.)

Would give you a cc but me still green.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'ts double edged. I give Floyd props for fighting Hatton because Hatton's more dangerous than nearly anyone Floyd has faced minus JLC and Oscar? It may also be an exciting fight.

On the other hand,WTF has Hatton done to deserve a shot at 147? When we all wanted this fight,these 2 were making excuses,not fighting each other. When Floyd went to 147-154,where guys like Cotto,Williams,Tony,Mosley are,guys far far more proven at the weight than Hatton and now Hatton and Floyd are fighting each other?

I can see you're thinking Danny G and I don't see anything wrong with it I guess. Floyd fans say what does he have to do,I think the answer is pretty simple,fight someone who is a legit contender at the weight class he is in.Simple really.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've been searching (unsuccessfully) for a thread that was started in april '06 (before i was a member but i did see it before). The title of this thread was something along the lines of "Who do you think has the best chance of beating floyd?". Now this thread was a poll and a very VERY vast majority picked hatton. I wish i could find it but since i can't, i'll just simply ask: What has changed over the past year or so that a floyd-hatton fight is so worthless? Not that long ago it was debated whether hatton could be top 5 p4p and now he's a chump, when did this happen?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NotGuilty136
    I've been searching (unsuccessfully) for a thread that was started in april '06 (before i was a member but i did see it before). The title of this thread was something along the lines of "Who do you think has the best chance of beating floyd?". Now this thread was a poll and a very VERY vast majority picked hatton. I wish i could find it but since i can't, i'll just simply ask: What has changed over the past year or so that a floyd-hatton fight is so worthless? Not that long ago it was debated whether hatton could be top 5 p4p and now he's a chump, when did this happen?
    Well,it's boxing,alot can change in a few months,much less a year. Ricky was unbeaten,looked monstrous at 140,moved to 147,scraped and I mean scraped past Collazo who is good but was not expected to give Hatton problems. Then the wins over Urango,and Maussa were hardly awe inspiring and paled in comparison to his performance v Tszyu. He beat JLC but was expected to beat JLC although the stoppage was impressive.

In that same time frame,Mosley has re established himself at 154 and 147 and looked far far better v Collazo than Hatton. Williams has become a star,Margarito is still dangerous and Cotto has annihilated everyone at 147. Also,no-one said he was a chump,just there are fighters out there that are more desrving of a fight ESPECIALLY at 147. Those guys I mentioned are proven at 147,are bigger,stronger,hit harder and just would make for more exciting fights.

Also,the majority of the hype for a Floyd Hatton fight comes from their time in the same division at 140. At 147/154,Floyd has moved up and if he is moving back down to 147,people would rather see him fight someone established at 147.

I give Floyd credit for taking the fight but this fight should have taken place at 140.I don't think many can argue with that or my other points. I won't criticise Floyd yet. If he wins but doesn't fight anyone proven at 147 then I'll be pissed.

His resume at 147 is not exactly great considering that is the most packed talented division in boxing....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Danny you are definetly the Don King of Saddo's in terms of Rebel Rousing I find it funny that you rag on Floyd but you are the forums equivelant as far as running your mouth and shoving Cotto down everyones throats

I like Cotto, and think he has tremendous upside, but has done nothing except pick the rest of the meat off of Mayweathers leftovers. Corley, Sosa, Judah.. The funny thing is about the judah fight is that Mayweather took the piss out of Judah and neutralized him from round 5-12 except for the flagrant fouls. Judah gave Cotto all kinds of trouble and busted his face up bad and had a good connect % where as Floyd as usual was unscaved and nuetralized Judahs attack and output. I 'm sorry but all Cottos claim to fame is Floyds sloppy 2nds. thats fact and undisputable. Quintana was just a prospect that happen to beat another seriously hyped up prospect in Julio.

If Cotto beats Mosely than I will take my fandom for him to the next level. But he is not in Mayweathers class Period!!! I know you dont like Floyd and thats your opinion. But dont try to take the piss out of a matchup that everyone wants to see...

All you detractors are doing is nitpicking. You guys say Floyds all about money, titles and has no pride or heart and dosent fight for the fans. Now he takes on a fighter that called him out and poses a risk and threat to him and is a fight that more fans would like to see and appreciate then a Cotto VS Mayweather. Dont take my word for it but there is a whole country across the pond thats believing there man can take the #1 PFP in the world. Sorry but Cotto is insignifigant at this point in the mega fight scheme so he has to relax and do exactly what he is supposed to do and thats stay active and fight, unlike Margarito who pissed, moaned and whined about no one wanting to fight him, just to take the biggest fight of his career on the brightest stage in front of millions of viewers and he lost to what you all called a china chin unproven leaky defensive prospect. Gee who was the hype machine there Was Floyd ducking or was it a case of not wasting time on something that everyone knew but blinded fans of Margarito.

Daniel San I appreciate all you do around here for entertainment value you are definelty a different breed of smartass and thats hilarious to me. But you can spin it anyway you want but the facts are the facts. You can crtiticize Floyds choice of opponent all you want and say he dont deserve to be on his perch, but by your logic Cotto should be on Friday Night Fights then seeing he has fought the recycled bums that you accused Mayweather of fighting in the 1st place.

So if they were bums and Floyd was a fraud for fighting them in the 1st place, then what is Cotto for fighting them after Floyd beat them

SigmaMu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock
    Danny you are definetly the Don King of Saddo's in terms of Rebel Rousing I find it funny that you rag on Floyd but you are the forums equivelant as far as running your mouth and shoving Cotto down everyones throats

I like Cotto, and think he has tremendous upside, but has done nothing except pick the rest of the meat off of Mayweathers leftovers. Corley, Sosa, Judah.. The funny thing is about the judah fight is that Mayweather took the piss out of Judah and neutralized him from round 5-12 except for the flagrant fouls. Judah gave Cotto all kinds of trouble and busted his face up bad and had a good connect % where as Floyd as usual was unscaved and nuetralized Judahs attack and output. I 'm sorry but all Cottos claim to fame is Floyds sloppy 2nds. thats fact and undisputable. Quintana was just a prospect that happen to beat another seriously hyped up prospect in Julio.

If Cotto beats Mosely than I will take my fandom for him to the next level. But he is not in Mayweathers class Period!!! I know you dont like Floyd and thats your opinion. But dont try to take the piss out of a matchup that everyone wants to see...

All you detractors are doing is nitpicking. You guys say Floyds all about money, titles and has no pride or heart and dosent fight for the fans. Now he takes on a fighter that called him out and poses a risk and threat to him and is a fight that more fans would like to see and appreciate then a Cotto VS Mayweather. Dont take my word for it but there is a whole country across the pond thats believing there man can take the #1 PFP in the world. Sorry but Cotto is insignifigant at this point in the mega fight scheme so he has to relax and do exactly what he is supposed to do and thats stay active and fight, unlike Margarito who pissed, moaned and whined about no one wanting to fight him, just to take the biggest fight of his career on the brightest stage in front of millions of viewers and he lost to what you all called a china chin unproven leaky defensive prospect. Gee who was the hype machine there Was Floyd ducking or was it a case of not wasting time on something that everyone knew but blinded fans of Margarito.

Daniel San I appreciate all you do around here for entertainment value you are definelty a different breed of smartass and thats hilarious to me. But you can spin it anyway you want but the facts are the facts. You can crtiticize Floyds choice of opponent all you want and say he dont deserve to be on his perch, but by your logic Cotto should be on Friday Night Fights then seeing he has fought the recycled bums that you accused Mayweather of fighting in the 1st place.

So if they were bums and Floyd was a fraud for fighting them in the 1st place, then what is Cotto for fighting them after Floyd beat them
    Don't blame Cotto. Blame Arum.
    The same thing Cotto is doing, is the same thing Floyd did with Kostya Tszyu and ODLH's opponents. Floyd dumpster dived on the two mentioned fighters above opponents.

Cotto did the samething but Cotto was destroying the ones that Floyd could not polish off.

Margarito fought one of the best Welters out there and lost. No shame in that.
    Who in their right mind wants to fight Williams? Floyd? You know Floyd would not be able to phuk with this kid. Floyd ducked Tony to fight an old man. Floyd's fans refer to Baldomir as the 'linear champ' any time his named is mentioned. Sounds like a political spin from the Bush administration. Bottom line is, he was an old man. Gatti is the other old man who you guys refer to as the linear champ and yet Contender Reality TV fighter Alfonso Gomez beat the crap out of Gatti. LMAO!

Spin PBF however you want and polish his pedestal but you can't sell me snake oil.

Floyd is the best snake oil salesman on the planet and you guys are his distributors

Definitions of Snake oil:
    Derogatory term applied to a product whose developers describe it with misleading, inconsistent, or incorrect technical statements. [18]
    www.ee.oulu.fi/research/ouspg/sage/glossary/

a slang term for any one of a multitude of substances or mixtures sold by a traveling medicine show for which extravagant curative and restorative claims were made.
    http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/W.../newpage41.htm

(medicine) any of various liquids sold as medicine (as by a travelling medicine show) but medically worthless
    humbug: communication (written or spoken) intended to deceive
    wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

Snake oil is a Traditional Chinese medicine used for joint pain. However, the most common usage of the words is as derogatory term for medicines to imply that they are fake, fraudulent, and usually ineffective. The expression is also applied metaphorically to any product with exaggerated marketing but questionable or unverifiable quality — such as bogus cryptography (see fraud in cryptography).
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snake_oil

In cryptography, snake oil is a term used to describe commercial cryptographic methods and products which are considered bogus or fraudulent, and therefore insecure. The name derives from snake oil, one type of quack medicine widely available in 19th Century United States. Systems labelled as snake oil typically employ ciphers with excessively large key lengths or which need no keys at all, or secret algorithms and devices that claim to solve all security problems.
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snake_oil_(cryptography)

The day Cotto runs around talking about how great he is and claiming that his shiet don't stink, is the day I will publicly say he is selling snake oil.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo
    Now he's going to fight the man at 140, albiet at 147 but that doesn't favour Floyd any more than it does Ricky seeing as Floyd is probably still only a natural lightweight himself.
    Exactly. The problem for Hatton vs. Collazo was that Collazo was a big, natural welterweight. Floyd is a lightweight, so the weight isn't going to be an issue one way or another. Hatton likes to maul people, so he has to be careful about fighting at 147 and pick his foes carefully. Guys like Margarito, Cintron and Williams must be avoided. But the likes of Cotto, Mosely and Mayweather all started in lower divisions, so he'll be able to stick to usual gameplan (not that he'd prevail necessarily, but his style simply can't work against naturally bigger men).

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by albsur2006
    What do you guys want from Floyd?!?! This is the fight that people would have given their left nut for back in 2005. Both guys have added weight and big wins since then. It's time. Hatton came out and talked a whole bunch of S*** and now it's time for him and Floyd to back up their talk. The only other fight out there for Floyd is Sugar Shane Mosley and Floyd will probably fight him next summer if he beats Hatton and Mosley beats Cotto. I don't know what some of you guys are wanting. Who should Floyd fight? This is gonna be a great stylistic match to watch. Finally, Floyd won't be so scared to trade with Hatton, both guys are around the same size, the fight will be in Vegas so Hatton won't be able to hold as incessantly as he could overseas, Floyd's elite boxing ability vs Hatton relentless pressure. Stop F****** complaining and enjoy. THIS is the fight that the world should be awaiting.
    Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
    You've said it best..Floyd can't win with these fucking people. This a good fight that has been made!! Just shut the fuck up hating on Floyd all the time. Check out every other fighters resume and compare it to Mayweathers before you start gunning him. I can't think of many fighters barring Winky, De La Hoya + possibly Mosely who are close to Mayweathers weight with better records.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_G

The day Cotto runs around talking about how great he is and claiming that his shiet don't stink, is the day I will publicly say he is selling snake oil.
    I dont know bro, you are his champion campaign manager, plus he is still learning English

Seriously Cotto is all class, that speaks volumes on its own just like Hatton. Floyd maketing schemes are genius then seeing he as ever RESPECTED writer, sanctioning bodies as well as ring magazine dooped for having him #1PFP as well as being on the list for 447 weeks and the next longest tenured fighter is MAB 390 weeks. Floyd is in good company seeing that besides himself 4 out of the 10 are shue in first ballot Hall Of Famers

Hopkins 59 weeks
    Wright 172 weeks
    Mab 390 weeks
    Pac 190weeks

pound for pound
    This
    week Last
    Week Weeks
    in
    Ratings Fighter Weight Class
    1 1 447 FLOYD MAYWEATHER Welterweight
    2 2 190 MANNY PACQUIAO Jr. Lightweight
    3 3 81 RAFAEL MARQUEZ Jr. Featherweight
    4 4 19 JUAN MANUEL MARQUEZ Jr. Lightweight
    5 6 59 BERNARD HOPKINS Lt. Heavyweight
    6 5 172 WINKY WRIGHT Middleweight
    7 7 73 JOE CALZAGHE Super Middleweight
    8 9 113 RICKY HATTON Jr. Welterweight
    9 8 390 MARCO ANTONIO BARRERA Jr. Lightweight
    10 10 7 MIGUEL COTTO Welterweight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    I'ts double edged. I give Floyd props for fighting Hatton because Hatton's more dangerous than nearly anyone Floyd has faced minus JLC and Oscar? It may also be an exciting fight.

On the other hand,WTF has Hatton done to deserve a shot at 147? When we all wanted this fight,these 2 were making excuses,not fighting each other. When Floyd went to 147-154,where guys like Cotto,Williams,Tony,Mosley are,guys far far more proven at the weight than Hatton and now Hatton and Floyd are fighting each other?

I can see you're thinking Danny G and I don't see anything wrong with it I guess. Floyd fans say what does he have to do,I think the answer is pretty simple,fight someone who is a legit contender at the weight class he is in.Simple really.
    Won't happen. Some fighters biggest wins are against people outside of their weight classes, and the credit given is selective at best.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by the wiz
    I have to ask this of everyone who rates Floyd the "P4P King" What made him that, because it seems like it's been since his victory over the shot Arturo Gatti
    Quite simply, he has faced more champions and former champions with better records than any other fighter on the p4p list, and has been doing it consistently over a number of years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cant wait for this fight. Everyone should get off Mayweather's back. He's accepted to take on one of the best. Most people wanted to see this fight now everyone's moaning. Would rather see PBF-Cotto TBH but not going to turn my nose up at this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There are a lot of other fights i'd like to see Mayweather take but Hatton was talking, Mayweather's responding. No-one can call this an easy fight for either guy. I have new-found respect for both now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd wins and for whatever reason people will always have something to say.....if he fights hatton we get these threads, if he doesn't we'll get threads with people saying he's scared hatton called him out etc......bottom line pbf is an undefeated pfp best fighter....for someone to have a resume like his with all his belts, the different divisions he's been champ in, pfp status and have people still constantly talk about the things he isn't is hillarious !!! If he's total b.s. then i wonder what that makes every other fighter.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What a crappy thread, this is the fight the hardcore fans have been crying about not happening for ages, and now it is and it is awesome.
    Thats cricket

Thread Information