Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: On their very best night who wins the all time heavyweight prizefighter competition?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: On their very best night who wins the all time heavyweight prizefighter competiti

I am on side with Eric on this one I'm afraid

Overall, on their best days, Vitali, Wladimir & Lennox all had 1 punch KO dynamite in their fists and each boxed with a magnificent degree of sophistication.
    They all have styles that are greatly effective and simple (which is the height of sophistication ). And they are fucking HUGE!

Too big to be fucked with.

Holyfield, Tyson & Foreman ( The Bad Guys )... Particularly Holyfield would pose the greatest threat of being bogeymen.

Actually Holyfield would probably beat all three guys more times outta 10 than any other boxer I can think of. BUT overall, if every credible Heavyweight Champion in history fought one another, Vitali, Wladimir & Lennox would definitely come out on top.
    Last edited by Jimanuel Boogustus; 03-23-2011 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Liston is not a bad guy, just mis understood!
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: On their very best night who wins the all time heavyweight prizefighter competiti

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    Vitali Klitschko the best Heavyweight ever along with Lennox Lewis ? LOL sorry that made me laugh hysterically. Based on what exactly ? outside of the Lennox Lewis fight his career has been very average. I mean his best win is probably against Corrie Sanders.

just based on what i see

you dont have to have the same opinion

IMO having Ali as the best heavyweight of all time is stupid talk

ok maybe he is greatest in what he represented and how he moved the sport forward and what he achieved outside the ring, i wouldnt disagree with that, but in the ring? Naaaaaaaaaaaaa
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    Vitali Klitschko the best Heavyweight ever along with Lennox Lewis ? LOL sorry that made me laugh hysterically. Based on what exactly ? outside of the Lennox Lewis fight his career has been very average. I mean his best win is probably against Corrie Sanders.

just based on what i see

ok maybe he is greatest in what he represented and how he moved the sport forward and what he achieved outside the ring, i wouldnt disagree with that, but in the ring? Naaaaaaaaaaaaa
    He beat arguably 3 of the best 10 heavyweights in history, all in their prime (Liston, Frazier & Foreman) Nobody in history can claim that.
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BIG H View Post

just based on what i see

He beat arguably 3 of the best 10 heavyweights in history, all in their prime (Liston, Frazier & Foreman) Nobody in history can claim that.
    Era's are different for sure , but liston a slow slugger , frazier a 6 foot slugger , and big george a 16 stone four fighter , todays hw are just massive in comparison , its just so hard to compare.
    For instance, all athletic track and field world records are getting better each year , so why not fighters ?
    People say Lewis didnt fight anyone like Ali , well Ali never fought anyone like Lewis or the brothers Grim. Liston was very limited in fairness.
    The debate will go on and on , we all have our views , but Ali brings very little power to the table in this modern era , and how fast would he be in clinches with guys 17stone 11 , who have speed, power and skills?
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    I read it as three round fights too. 12 rounders is different. Tyson would still start favourite but Lewis would win the whole thing.

I can't properly judge the fossils. I wasn't alive when they were in their pomp, most of what i've seen is just the good/memorable bits, so have no real understanding of the overall strength of the particular era.

Ali would have looked like a proper powderpuff puncher vs Vitali. That leads me to think Vitali would beat him.
    ....The "Quote Another Member" thread is in a different section

Just take note forum members as to who actually posted what and don't get your facts twisted
    Have i repeated something you've said? Clearly one of your better views.

For the record - Wlad has zero chance against any of the named greats. No chin and far to saftey first for any legendary heavyweight.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

El Kabong Guest

For the record - Wlad has zero chance against any of the named greats. No chin and far to saftey first for any legendary heavyweight.
    No you haven't repeated anything I've said I just wanted to make a joke at my own expense and point out that you (and not I) posted that....since I catch so much hell for my views.

Yeah you're right, Wlad's the only ever heavyweight to use defense, everyone else just allowed themselves to get punched.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post

just based on what i see

Era's are different for sure , but liston a slow slugger , frazier a 6 foot slugger , and big george a 16 stone four fighter , todays hw are just massive in comparison , its just so hard to compare.
    For instance, all athletic track and field world records are getting better each year , so why not fighters ?
    People say Lewis didnt fight anyone like Ali , well Ali never fought anyone like Lewis or the brothers Grim. Liston was very limited in fairness.
    The debate will go on and on , we all have our views , but Ali brings very little power to the table in this modern era , and how fast would he be in clinches with guys 17stone 11 , who have speed, power and skills?
    Yeh, good points all around mate. It's very hard to compare eras, the size thing is a big factor. In terms of things improving, I agree again, but I still, think that SRR is the greatest fighter I have ever watched (but size doesn't come into that debate admitedly)
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

just based on what i see

i also think (size aside) Liston and Frazier are only thought of so highly because of the era they fought in

if they fought in other eras when ali wasnt around and boxing wasnt such big news i wouldnt have thought they would have such high stock

I would agree foreman is one of the best ever

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It can easily be argued that Liston's prime was before his championship years and that Fraizer was close to shot after the 1st Foreman fight.
    Also, I'm convinced that 9 times outta 10, Foreman murders Ali... I mean, Ali did it and I'm not knocking his achievements but they can get easily inflated.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimanuel Boogustus View Post
    It can easily be argued that Liston's prime was before his championship years and that Fraizer was close to shot after the 1st Foreman fight.
    Also, I'm convinced that 9 times outta 10, Foreman murders Ali... I mean, Ali did it and I'm not knocking his achievements but they can get easily inflated.

i agree, i think at the time of the fight ali would have lost to george the vast majority of the time

maybe a younger ali would have taken foreman i dunno

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was trying to think of when 2 really good heavyweihgts fought and there was vast difference in size and the small guy won?

Spinks vs Cooney
    Holyfiled v Bowe II

Both of them must've been giving away 30 + pounds?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was trying to think of when 2 really good heavyweihgts fought and there was vast difference in size and the small guy won?

Spinks vs Cooney
    Holyfiled v Bowe II

Haye vs Valuev?

*** Edit, sorry I retract that comment... Didn't realise you said VERY good. ***
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Spinks vs Cooney
    Holyfiled v Bowe II

A semi retired Gerry Cooney was not a really good hw. he was shot.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post

Spinks vs Cooney
    Holyfiled v Bowe II

A semi retired Gerry Cooney was not a really good hw. he was shot.
    Dunno about that - he had only lost to Holmes and had a very competitive fight with him. Apart from that he hadn't been in any wars. He was pretty inactive agreed. He was probably beating Spinks at the point of the stoppage too.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

No you haven't repeated anything I've said I just wanted to make a joke at my own expense and point out that you (and not I) posted that....since I catch so much hell for my views.

Yeah you're right, Wlad's the only ever heavyweight to use defense, everyone else just allowed themselves to get punched.
    Vitali has a granite chin. With his size, ability and ring generalship it would be foolish for anyone to believe he's an easy touch. He clearly doesn't have the serious flaws Wlad has, even though he is possibly a less talented boxer.

No one would give you hell for that view. You get hell because you love Wlad unconditionally
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Thread Information