Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Lopez vs Salido

Quote Originally Posted by Puerto Rican Punch View Post
    Lopez needs to work seriously his defense. I think he could continue, but he was taking shots too easily. This has been my main critic to him, his defense. But, showed a great heart. My respect to you champ (Juanma) and congratulations to Salido.
    I think you got it backwards Salido is the champ now.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have no problem with stoppage Lopez was fucked and i think hes been tad overrated really.

Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr140 View Post
    I have no problem with stoppage Lopez was fucked and i think hes been tad overrated really.

Yeah, I remember Daniel Ponce de Leon saying the same thing when they fought.

No matter.... every great one loses sooner or later. It's not that he lost... it's how he comes back from this adversity that's going to count in the long run.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not saying he was not good Tito but he was tad overrated people were saying next Gomez. Not to mention fighter he lost kinda says to me hes not what people thought he was.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No one has said it yet, but a big 'fuck you' to Bob Arum for dragging out the Gamboa-Lopez fight to the point where now it's not a makeable fight. Styles make matchups, and though I think Gamboa would have won, it would have been a hellava fight and a great night for boxing. But Arum's greedy fat ass kept dragging it out even though both fighters had shown questionable chins/defense (though Gamboa has improved tremendoulsy in that regard, Lopez obvioulsy haasn't) and now the fight won't happen anytime soon, or if it does it will not be nearly as big.
    Last edited by ClubberLang; 04-17-2011 at 11:27 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well i guess he figured he would not lost to a guy of Salido level. Not to mention Gamboa was able to get by him so he figured Lopez could. I don't think the fight be that great Lopez d needs some work.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ClubberLang View Post
    No one has said it yet, but a big 'fuck you' to Bob Arum for dragging out the Gamboa-Lopez fight to the point where now it's not a makeable fight. Styles make matchups, and though I think Gamboa would have won, it would have been a hellava fight and a great night for boxing. But Arum's greedy fat ass kept dragging it out even though both fighters had shown questionable chins/defense (though Gamboa has improved tremendoulsy in that regard, Lopez obvioulsy haasn't) and now the fight won't happen anytime soon, or if it does it will not be nearly as big.
    Yeah I was thinking this the other day. That bubble has kinda burst now.... Kinda justifies the Degale/ Groves fight IMO.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ClubberLang View Post
    Top Rank took a risk by continuing to build that fight for so long. The idea was that both fighters would make more money if they continued to build their reputations, but the risk was that one of them may lose prior to the fight taking place, and now that has happened. I'm not sure there is a point to that fight ever being scheduled. Clearly, as I've thought all along, Gamboa was smoke Lopez.

Lopez has fought for the crowd on more than one occasion and not just on the Island. I was at the Mtagwa fight and he did the same thing there. Clearly, this is a problem he has had that his team hasn't found time to address and now it cost him dearly.

Thread Information