Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: the people who stay in on friday nights...

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: the people who stay in on friday nights...

Quote Originally Posted by leftylee View Post
    Friday's I work mostly.

But if I'm off I just stay in. A lot of my boys go to pubs, Liverpool central etc but i just really cant be assed.

Hell about 5 mins ago one of my boys just IM'd me saying there's a party everyone's gonna gatecrash tonight asking me if I wanna go.

But I've been in work today and just ain't up to it at all.

Also every time I go out I gotta make a new excuse of why I ain't drinking alcohol. That's why I can't wait till I drive.

I must sound like one boring 17yr old But seriousley, life's not bad.

F*cking lightweight
    F8ck me when i was 17 i was bashing or shafting like a ferrel animal
    Don't make em like they used to

Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Monkey View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap View Post
    Worked the Doors for 15 years, love staying in at weekends rather than going out. When or if I do Im always looking for it Kicking off, old Habits never die .
    You and me both mate,can't relax totally, so its keep me back to the wall, pick the marks and note direction where movment will be comming from ,left finger lying up one side of my chin like Im thinking ,middle finger around my chin and the other hand lightly resting behind the left elbow,right knee tuned in slightly so the jewells are hidden from at least one angle .
    Make it a 3rd,you'd allways see them coming,theyd done a 40 weight before they even got there.Youd have your arms crossed,but youd allready be pointing to the other boys that this one was trouble,keep your eyes on him.
    Never crossed,not this little black duck .
    Up and real close to being in position to be able to chack anything but un threatening to anyone thinking normally.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Sharla View Post
    To be honest I've never really been into the clubbing scene or roudy pubs.

I don't like being hassled by strange dunk people blowing smoke around me. I train to be fit and i try to look after my lungs - i don't need someone leering over me spilling their drink on me, slurring their words and puffing their smoke into my face.

When i spend time with friends I like to be able to hear them talk and have a laugh - not struggle to lip-read and signal each other over music. A bit of a dance is ok but I wouldn't want it to be the main event.

If I do go out I prefer to go out for dinner or lunch - good food and good conversation with good people always makes me happy Especially if there's something chocolate-like for desert!

I don't like how really late nights stuff me up for the rest of the week either. It's hard enough sticking to any kind of training regime or demanding work responsibilities without having at add irregular sleeping patterns into the mix!
    After party /alley way sex is right out of the question then .
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Friday's I work mostly.

But if I'm off I just stay in. A lot of my boys go to pubs, Liverpool central etc but i just really cant be assed.

Hell about 5 mins ago one of my boys just IM'd me saying there's a party everyone's gonna gatecrash tonight asking me if I wanna go.

Also every time I go out I gotta make a new excuse of why I ain't drinking alcohol. That's why I can't wait till I drive.

F*cking lightweight
    F8ck me when i was 17 i was bashing or shafting like a ferrel animal
    Don't make em like they used to
    HAHAHAH

Smash id love to go on a night out with you!!

Mate last few weeks ive been BANG AT IT!! Must of lost about stone and half with the amount of drugs/alcohol i have been doing, im taking it easy till crimbo now i need to bulk up for the crimbo/new year sessions that lie ahead.

Mentioned
    1679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I play indoor football Friday night and Sunday out door. The rest of the time I am with the kids. Weekend goes way too fast.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Preme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny View Post
    Friday night is a chill out night for me.

B works Saturdays early so Jenna and I scour Youtube for fights.
    She's the only one that can tolerate my habit, at 6 months I think she's fond of Mayweather, Whittaker and McCallum
    She'll be in bed by 9 and I might make a run to the shop for some Chocolate milk

My Mam and Dad will be winding down with a bottle of wine and I usually throw on some Johnny Cash for them on the laptop. Play some cards then with my simpletons siblings and maybe one more fight on the tube before bed

wow - your family is like the british fucking bradey bunch aint it lol?
    If the main sport in the Brady family was boxing and they played Texas Hold em then yes

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't like being hassled by strange dunk people blowing smoke around me. I train to be fit and i try to look after my lungs - i don't need someone leering over me spilling their drink on me, slurring their words and puffing their smoke into my face.

When i spend time with friends I like to be able to hear them talk and have a laugh - not struggle to lip-read and signal each other over music. A bit of a dance is ok but I wouldn't want it to be the main event.

If I do go out I prefer to go out for dinner or lunch - good food and good conversation with good people always makes me happy Especially if there's something chocolate-like for desert!

I don't like how really late nights stuff me up for the rest of the week either. It's hard enough sticking to any kind of training regime or demanding work responsibilities without having at add irregular sleeping patterns into the mix!
    you never know man, it's the quiet ones who are usaly freaky like that:P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

usually yes

I'm getting old now Andre!

I think i just know how i like to spend my time in general and i guess we all work it out a little by trial and error as we go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

usually yes

I think i just know how i like to spend my time in general and i guess we all work it out a little by trial and error as we go.
    You are not getting old Sharla
    Me on the other hand,Im getting old

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Friday's I work mostly.

I always felt boring compared to uni friends when i turned down invites to pub crawls.

The difference for me was that I was spending my spare cash on training expenses and enjoying it and for me a night out was really expensive.

I would have to pay about $25 for the shirt, $40 odd on drinks and food, $25 on a taxi home and i earnt all my own money working part time. i paid board to live at home or my own rent out of home.

Most of my uni friends did not have any sport to be obsessed with and were fully supported by their parents with no need to work. They were richer in time and money and didn't come up with anything else they wanted to fill their time with.

Back then i felt left out but in reality i think we all have to learn to wipe our own bums eventually and having a bit of a head start has probably been good for me in the long run.

Also having an interest in sport has had a lot of other pay offs too - friends, experiences, challenges, better health etc

I have an obsessive personality - I needed sport as an outlet everyday rather than just a binge on the weekend.

Ultimately i have stories to tell about meeting elite Kenyan runners, running in Brunei, boxing in Japan, meeting Scrap etc etc etc. Wouldn't trade that for all the pub crawls in the world now
    Last edited by Sharla; 12-15-2008 at 06:53 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

usually yes

Thanks TM, I don't think you're getting old yet either.

Really i think i'm choosing to live in denial about the whole aging process.

I've decided I'm not gonna get to old until it creeps up on me.

My last flatmate had a friend in her eighties who was doing volunteer work in Africa only months before she passed away.

I wanna be like that - active right up until it's as close as possible to my time to go and then I wanna be pretty damn old.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

usually yes

My last flatmate had a friend in her eighties who was doing volunteer work in Africa only months before she passed away.

I wanna be like that - active right up until it's as close as possible to my time to go and then I wanna be pretty damn old.
    Ya kidding me,I get an arthritic crack for every five steps
    As I was coming up the stairs to type this,my toe cracked loud enough to frighten the cats.
    I can still hunker down and bring it,but it takes some hunkering and centering to get this old car in gear now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As I was coming up the stairs to type this,my toe cracked loud enough to frighten the cats.
    I can still hunker down and bring it,but it takes some hunkering and centering to get this old car in gear now
    yeah that's getting achy though which doesn't have to mean old at heart though does it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yeah that's getting achy though which doesn't have to mean old at heart though does it.
    Most definitely not.
    I may be older,but I looked at proper adulthood and decided Id take a pass. My newest toy is a tattoo kit. I can do adult things, but I can also be really childish,its one of the things Feur loves about me,and spends her life in dread of.
    Within 15 minutes I can create a gourmet dinner,and then demand she sees this really cool play I pulled off on Madden on the PS. Ive had to turn down Hardcore Punk songs so I can have serious boxing negotiations on the phone,actually that last one happens almost daily.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lefty I hope you don't think your behavior is ok. VD is going to have to have another talk with you.

Thread Information