Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Carl Johanneson v Michael Gomez - British Super Featherweight title - 9pm UK

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Carl Johanneson v Michael Gomez - British Super Featherweight title - 9pm UK

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep
    CC Rhun, sounds like a decent fight.
    Back atcha Greg. Next up we have the main event, and Johnny Nelson reckons that it will be Johanneson in the later rounds. Personally, I don't think its going anywhere near the later rounds, but we're all entitled to our opinions. Next up its fight time.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Carl Johanneson v Michael Gomez - British Super Featherweight title - 9pm UK

Ok, here#s the ring walks. Gomz getting a great reception, and in his sombrero and rips it off as he steps between the ropes. As he poses, he looks absolutely fired up for this.

As Johanneson comes in, Gomez is on the ropes waiting for him, and they go head to head as he enter. Johanneson looks about as fired up as he always does, calm and collected. This is a pickem fight according to the bookies, next up its fight time.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Damn I knew I should've left my computer at home on, now I gotta wait for it to boot and wait for a miss a few semi-live rounds, ah well my f5 key need a break anyway.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Round 1:

I think this'll be a cracker folks. Gomez opens with a gvood jab. Johanneson cautious, as Gomez comes in with some good jabs, and an uppercut, but Johanneson's guard seems to hold frim. They're practucally head to head, and trading short hard blows. Gomez doing the hardser work at the moment, but jabs from Johanneson. Uppercut from Gomez gets through. Johanneson with some good jabs. Gomes looking for the uppercuts. Gomez has Johanneson's nose bleding, and Gomez is looking to land body shots and uppercuts. Johanneson is only getting in some jabs so far. Body shots from Joahanasson, and Gomez is getting the better of it, and the crowd is all behind him. Johanneson with a few body shots, and as the bell goes, they shoot each other lethal looks.

Gomez's fantastic first round.
    10-9

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Round 2:

Gomez is at it again, with body shots, and uppercuts and hooks up top. I'm not sure if Gomez has thrown a jab yet. Johanneson is throwing a few punches, some hooks to the body shots, and gets a left hook in. Gomez getting the uppercuts and body shots, and Johanneson's face is marking up pretty badly. Good left hook as Gomez comes in. Jab from Johanneson, and Gomez takes a few seconds to compose himself. Good straight right from Gomez. Johanneson with some boad shots, but Gomez is all-action in there, with even more body shots, but only finds gloves with an uppercut. Johanneson jabbing, and trying to get some distance. Two short hooks, and a fantastic overhand right on the bell from Johanneson.

Gomez gets it again.

20-18

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Round 3:

Gomez comes out charging, with body shots, but gets a hook to his head in return. Johanneson with some good jabs though, and it's when he's in close he's getting hurt. Body shot from Gomez, but JKohanneson backs up, and lands three and four unanswered jabs. Good rigth straight from Johanneson, and Gomez already starting to show signs of tiring. Uppercut from Gomez, but Johanneson with the hooks to the head, but Gomez coming back with body shots and an uppercut. Johanneson with some good right hooks, which Gomez returns to the bodty. Two good left hooks from Johanneson, and his jabs are holding Gomez back a bit. Johanneson flows with a five-punch combo of hooks and a straight right.

Johanneson's first round.

29-28

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Round 4:

Gomez looking busy but is finding Johanneson's guard fairly often, but his body shots are still looking pretty lethal. Johanneson's jabs when he uses them hold Gomez back, and let him tee up the straight right. Gomez still comuing forward, another nice uppercut, and a left-right combo. Johanneson comes back with a good jab right hook, hook, jab combo, and each one landing well. Johanneson's accuracy looks better, and Gomez having to come through jabs to get body shots in. Johanneson with a fine jab and stragit right, and the big right hands from Johanneson have Gomez and a left hook, and Johanneson thought he had it won. Five unanswered punches and Mickey Vann was ready to jump in. Gomez comes back, ducking punches, and some big hooks of his own. Great courage.

Johanneson's round, fantastic fight.38-38

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Round 5:

Gomez opens on fire, with some crippling hooks to the body, and uppercuts, but Johanneson covers up. Johanneson with some jabs, and straight rights of his own, it's a proper ding-donger. Gomez with a left uppercut. Gomez looks to be the more marked up. Johanneson with a left hook right hook, and Gomez gets both. Gomez comes forward with more hooks, and an uppercut, and Johanneson is cut. Jab then a right straight from Johanneson, and then a huge left hook right hook, and Gomez is again shaken. Jab and right hook, and Gomez tells Johanneson that he has the heart banging his fist on his chest. Johanneson is dominating, with big hooks and straight rights, and that last flurry was again amazing.

Johanneson 48-47

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Round 6:

Uppercut from Gomez, and a second as the round opens. He seems to tire at the end of each round. Johanneson with a left hook as Gomez comes in. Good straight right too, and Gomez clinches. Right hook and an upeprcut from Gomez, but Johanneson is more methodical with jabs and mixing the right hooks up well. ANother jab and straight right from Johanneson. Left hook and a right from Johanneson. Two left hooks from Johanneson, but Gomez retorts with some fine hooks. Two good lefts and a right, and Gomez waves Johanneson in. Straight right, and Gomez is down. 8-count. 20 seconds to go. Gomez comes back, Jab, and a big straight right. Gomez shaken, and Mickey Vann steps in.

Gomez seemed to havetaken enough, and was furious to habve been stopped, but good stoppage. Gomez leaves the ring imemdiately, clearly annoyed, but great win for Johanneson.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Johanneson: "It were tough, and he took a lot of good shots. It were just a learning curve at the end of the day, and his stuff didn't affect me in any way. I think I have redeemed myself, but that was then and this is now."

Maloney: "He just kept things very simple and he showed by keeping things simple and doing the basics right, that you can win the fights."

WHat surprised me is that Frank Maloney ran Johanneson's corner for this fight, and he did a good job from what we saw. He didn't rule out doing it again.

On reflection, this was probably one of the best fight I've seen this year.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gomez: "I think it was a terrible stoppage, and it was a quick stoppage. It was a bad patch in the fight, but we train for bad patches in the fight. I think I was winning the fight. Against Lazlo Bogdan I got up twice and won the fight. I'm a warrior, I take punches for a living, I drop my hands to show that he can't hurt me. That was the first bad round I had, and Mickey Vann couldn't wait to stop it."

Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CC mate great fight the gomez one

Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gotta agree that Vann seemed to be itching to dive in

How many times have we seen Gomez rally back and with a suspect chin like Carls it might have only been seconds before Carl was on the deck, if refs keep spoiling fights like this we will have no more classics

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross
    Gotta agree that Vann seemed to be itching to dive in

How many times have we seen Gomez rally back and with a suspect chin like Carls it might have only been seconds before Carl was on the deck, if refs keep spoiling fights like this we will have no more classics
    I agree with you that Vann was a little ahead of himself in jumping in, but Gomez had been shaken badly two or three times in the 5th and 6th rounds, and I was pretty sure that Vann thought that he was dragging Gomez out of a situation where he could have been seriously hurt.
    I know that Gomez is famed for his comebacks, but I didn't see it happening in this one. From the third round onwards, Johanneson was taking over the fight, and Gomez's efforts weren't as good as they were earlier in the fight.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well looks like he will have his opening to fight Kevin Mitchell next, is Kevin Mitchell any good? 24-0-0
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Thread Information