Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Does Team Margarito has a valid reason to refuse $4M offer from Team Williams?

Share/Bookmark
    10 miles from Manchester, 6 miles from Bolton
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Does Team Margarito has a valid reason to refuse $4M offer from Team Williams?

Quote Originally Posted by WelshDevilRob View Post
    This is the Welterweight fight I want to see - the fight to prove who is No.1. Williams I believe just has the style to beat Margarito.

Andre Berto isn't ready. Though he could develop into the best of the lot and possibly matching Berto against Cotto would be a good fight rather than throwing either in with Margarito next.

Then again the Cotto vs Margarito fight was a big hit with the fans and I'm sure a rematch would make big numbers maybe a case of whether Cotto wants to jump straight back in.
    This is the fight I wanna see too WelshDevil although I think Tony will win this time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Does Team Margarito has a valid reason to refuse $4M offer from Team Williams?

Quote Originally Posted by DAWGSWIN View Post
    You know the saying, "If it don't make dollars, it don't make sense." Fans would want to see it, but we aren't what they count on for PPV.

That said, I think Margie's pride makes the re-match, and I'm kind of up in the air on how I think it goes. If Margie gets of early he could get the decision, but I don't see a KO either way. Paul seems to have pretty good beard.
    If Margo gets going early I think he can KO Williams. He had Williams hurt a few times late in that fight.

I think Tony will fight Clotty, if he wins that I see him fighting Mosely. After that maybe the Williams fight can be made. The man in the Williams camp that Arum is upset with is Al Haymon. He was an advisor with Floyd who Arum had numerous problems with. I think this latest think in the negotiations with Williams-Pavlik is the final straw.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Shroomy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ssss View Post
    To be honest and i am Antonio Margarito fan but i also thought Bob Arum's offer of 8 million dollar was BS.......

Antonio Margarito wasn't a name at that point so i find it hard to believe the 8 million dollar offer if im honest......

Someone just mentioned well maybe Antonio Margarito won't break Miguel Cotto's nose this time ? what a silly comment no offense here but in my opinion your making it sound like it was some sort of freak accident........

Antonio Margarito threw a punch it connected on Miguel Cotto's nose it broke it end of.........

Juan Manuel Marquez had a bad broken nose against Manny Pacquiao in there 1st fight in the 1st round but he still fought on without tiring late.......

But regardless i think it was more to do with Antonio Margarito's constant pressure and body shots.
    How is it a silly comment you idiot...

Yes Antonio Did throw the punch, yes Antionio did break Cottos nose, yes it did afect him, you try boxing a further 9 rounds with a broken nose and say it doesnt affect you!

I said maybe this time Margo wont Break Cottos nose, and Cotto will be able to breathe better.

Isreal Vazquez broke his nose and had to retire because he couldnt breathe!

there are many different breaks of the nose, some alot worse than others.

I had a broken nose and I didnt even know about it for 2 months!

So if Margarito doesnt break Cottos nose, he will stay in better condition.

And dont give me no bullshit about it not affecting Cotto, his mouth was open the rest of the fight and he was spitting alot of blood out. I have already given credit to Tony for breaking it, as thats what its all about get the advantage over your opponent

but Cotto will fare better next time with the ability to breathe properly

twat
    Being alittle abrasive dont you think? He offered an opinion so now he is an Idiot and a twat because he dosent agree with you? Interesting that someone would debate you on a boxing forum...... weird

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SaddoBoxer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    He's waiting for Oscar to pick his next opponent. Hoping it will be him. He knows it would be more profitable. If Oscar doesn't pick him, I'm sure Margarito will take the Williams fight
    I've read that Arum would like to punish Team Williams for the breakdown of the earlier proposed Pavlik-Williams fight. So for Arum, there's no more business dealing with Team Williams for the meantime...

Arum can easily match-up Margarito with Clottey (both are Top Rank boxers) and this is also a very good fight. Or match-up Margarito with the ever lucky Zab Judah...

Well first like VD said Margarito is waiting to see who DLH next opp will be...After the Cotto bout I don't think Tony should hold his breath...After the mark up Forbes did on DLH face Margarito might disfigure him for life....

I am not sure about the whole Pavlik/Williams fight (One where Williams would have been brutally knocked out in)....I do know there are some hard feelings abouth the fact Williams was not willing to rematch Margarito and waited a yeard before stepping back in the ring and with a different opponent

And what the hell...Williams was in no rush to give Tony his rematch but now after Tony beats Cotto the hottest fighter in boxing at the moment he is going to decide he wants a rematch?...Who the hell is he to think he calls the shots be it he has a win over Tony or not?...That win and his win over Quintana are his only 2 wins over top level opp....earn your moment in the spotlight...Here is an idea defend you title
    Last edited by DaxxKahn; 08-07-2008 at 07:01 PM.
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Chino View Post
    Mayweather is not known for having KO power in his punches like Cotto. Everybody knows that anyone else would probably go down in the first rounds with Cotto's power punches. To see Cotto punching away only to have Tony walk through his punches with ease made Cotto look silly. Imagine Tyson, in his prime, punching a guy directly to his head many many times only to have him walk through them as if he was being hit with pillows. That would be humiliating. Oh man, it would have been priceless to see Margarito pull off a Mayorga stunt and taunt Cotto making fun of his punches and later have the referee and his corner save Cotto's life.
    So when Mayweather and Tony finally get it on, and Mayhweather runs off all night punching Margo in his head, and wins a wide UD Who will look silly then, Mayweather for punching a man who could take them all, or Margo for losing a Wide UD
    That is Mayweather's style and he has won like that numerous times so its nothing new really. Mayweather is known for getting on his bycicle to win. Now, Cotto and Margarito are known for the power they pack in their punches and how they can KO a guy with a punch so having someone walk through their punches can make them look silly. Wouldn't you be intimidated to know how you KO guys all the time and suddenly face a guy who walks through your punches? Cotto's fear/intimidation was clear.
    great...
    can you answer my original question please
    If Mayweather punches tony all night and tony takes em all whilst losing to a wide UD
    who will look stupider
    I thought I answered it. Oh well, I'll try again.
    It's Mayweather's style to fight like that and he does it over and over. So doing it to Margarito and Cotto wouldn't really be all that surprising or making them look silly. It would just be "Oh, Mayweather won once again as usual with his not-so-cool style". Now, it would look silly if Mayweather did his usual fight on his bycicle but got caught with a punch that knocks him down every time he wanted to ride his bycicle. Or if he was in the ropes trying to slip punches and shoulder roll as he usually does but got clean punches all the time. It would make him look silly because he has won so many fights like that and people know how successful it works. So, wouldn't that be silly to see his style not working AT ALL. Well, same thing with Cotto. Sure, he gets exposed in all his fights and tires halfway through but he can pack a punch. No wonder he has all those KOs in his record. So you have this guy who KOs guys here and there and suddenly his punches loose their snap and have a guy walk through them with ease until he gets saved by the referee and his corner throws the towel. That's what I mean when I say that Cotto may have looked silly. I can understand why he had that expression on his face throughout the fight. When he saw his punches didn't do anyhting compared to past fights, in his mind, I can imagine he already lost the fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why is no-one mentioning Cotto Rematch...
    I rather see ODLH vs Mayweather which was way more competitive that ended up in a questionable split-decision than Cotto vs Margarito II. Both fought cautiously. ODLH vs Mayweather was far from being a complete destruction and punishment of ODLH like many in here say. Both came out clean. If you want to talk about complete destruction and punishment then watch Margarito vs Cotto.
    and the other half it was Cotto making Margarito look silly.
    I don't think so. The first half Margarito still made Cotto look silly as he kept walking through his "powerful punches" with ease not even breaking a sweat. I see it as a bit humiliating for a guy that is known for his KO power to suddenly face a guy who walks through those punches with no problem. Margarito made Cotto look silly before and after he ran out of gas.
    I will not refute the fact that Cotto was seriosuly hurt because he was, but to say that he was looking silly for the first half of the fight outboxing a guy that is almost 4 inches taller than him and is naturally bigger is quite impressive. Size does make a difference I just saw the Antonio Margarito fight a while ago and he was struggling against a guy bigger than him in Daniel Santos. Not making excuses by the way just stating the fact.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pavlik View Post
    Why is no-one mentioning Cotto Rematch...
    I rather see ODLH vs Mayweather which was way more competitive that ended up in a questionable split-decision than Cotto vs Margarito II. Both fought cautiously. ODLH vs Mayweather was far from being a complete destruction and punishment of ODLH like many in here say. Both came out clean. If you want to talk about complete destruction and punishment then watch Margarito vs Cotto.
    and the other half it was Cotto making Margarito look silly.
    I don't think so. The first half Margarito still made Cotto look silly as he kept walking through his "powerful punches" with ease not even breaking a sweat. I see it as a bit humiliating for a guy that is known for his KO power to suddenly face a guy who walks through those punches with no problem. Margarito made Cotto look silly before and after he ran out of gas.
    I will not refute the fact that Cotto was seriosuly hurt because he was, but to say that he was looking silly for the first half of the fight outboxing a guy that is almost 4 inches taller than him and is naturally bigger is quite impressive. Size does make a difference I just saw the Antonio Margarito fight a while ago and he was struggling against a guy bigger than him in Daniel Santos. Not making excuses by the way just stating the fact.
    Good point. Well, sure, he was outboxing Margarito but the punches that have KOed many other guys had no effect on Margarito. At first, I thought those punches would take its toll later on the fight and start to wear Margarito off but Margarito kept coming back for more and didn't seem like he would go down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pavlik View Post

Good point. Well, sure, he was outboxing Margarito but the punches that have KOed many other guys had no effect on Margarito. At first, I thought those punches would take its toll later on the fight and start to wear Margarito off but Margarito kept coming back for more and didn't seem like he would go down.
    That's Margarito's asset definitely his chin, but I still would love to see Miguel Cotto get a rematch. I still believe Miguel has a bigger punch than Tony just so happens he wilted before Margarito. It's still a toss up IMO.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by the wiz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DAWGSWIN View Post
    You know the saying, "If it don't make dollars, it don't make sense." Fans would want to see it, but we aren't what they count on for PPV.

That said, I think Margie's pride makes the re-match, and I'm kind of up in the air on how I think it goes. If Margie gets of early he could get the decision, but I don't see a KO either way. Paul seems to have pretty good beard.
    If Margo gets going early I think he can KO Williams. He had Williams hurt a few times late in that fight.

I think Tony will fight Clotty, if he wins that I see him fighting Mosely. After that maybe the Williams fight can be made. The man in the Williams camp that Arum is upset with is Al Haymon. He was an advisor with Floyd who Arum had numerous problems with. I think this latest think in the negotiations with Williams-Pavlik is the final straw.
    I dont think Tony can ever stop Paul cuz wont be in punching range long enough to land his "wear em down" type of shots . Paul has the range mastered and will just back off if Tony lands a couple. Tony IMO is not a 1 punch hitter and will need to land alot on Paul.

He may have got to the smaller Cotto late on but Williams is still a superior technical boxer and will just keep his right glove in Tonys face. Paul took his foot off the gas in the last fight around round 6. This time I think he will just keep his foot down and keep outboxing Tony for the full 12 .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As many times as he's been avoided i'll give him a pass to try and make a huge oscar/tony mexi-mega fight. He just better not loose cause i want to see that williams rematch, who doesn't
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mar View Post
    As many times as he's been avoided i'll give him a pass to try and make a huge oscar/tony mexi-mega fight. He just better not loose cause i want to see that williams rematch, who doesn't
    Agree with this, as long as he fights Williams in 2009, I think it's ok for him to have a one fight pass.

It would make for a big fight if they could get a twin billing in November where both guys get to eliminate two of the other contenders from the running. I get the feeling Williams won't hang around forever though, he believes his destiny lies higher up the divs.

Mentioned
    1686 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oscar will not fight Cotto because his wife is Puerto Rican and Margarito because he is Mexican.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SaddoBoxer View Post
    It's reported that Team Paul Williams offered Margarito $4M for a fight. Does Team Margarito has a valid reason not to accept the $4M offer from Team Williams?
    Probably about $10M of them now.
    “If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” Muhammad Ali.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

SSSS, im really upset you dont think of me s a real poster, i probably wont sleep tonight

can you answer my question in one word please, not beat around the bush, just answer with the fighters name

If Mayweather punches tony all night and tony takes em all whilst losing to a wide UD

who will look stupider

Thread Information