Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Veit beats Brahmer...that does some shifting at 168lbs...whachuthink?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Veit beats Brahmer...that does some shifting at 168lbs...whachuthink?

Quote Originally Posted by SecondRoundKO
    Well it was a mistype, and I didn't say he was the greatest, I said he was being regarded as the greatest. And Veit's only 2 losses have come at the hands of Calzaghe, the division's best, I don't see how you could hold that against him. Will he ever be champ? No I don't think so. Could he possibly beat a top 5 fighter? Absolutely. I would give him a chance against Kessler, Lacy and Beyer.
    It's bullshat!

The same buncha horse shat that everyone pulls with Lacy.

Veit's a good fighter...he's not the greatest...but he is a good fighter.

The bottom line is this...most people that are ripping him have probably never even seen him fight. I've got 5 fights of Veit's. 2 are the Calzaghe bouts. I aint an expert on the man...but he is a good fighter. That being said...Veit would have a great shot at beating anyone else out there other than Calzaghe. Not everyone in 168 jumps to challenge him...that should tell you something...the people that don't know about Veit...or haven't even seen him.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Veit beats Brahmer...that does some shifting at 168lbs...whachuthink?

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise
    Quote Originally Posted by p4pking
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis
    He is a factor, he got his two chances against the best of the bunch and came up short, he cant beat Calzaghe, but he can beat and has beat alot of decent fighters.
    What decent name fighter did he beat? I think Kessler knocks him out, Beyer out boxes him, Green murders him and even Mundine would punk him in a points win. Veit is not a factor.
    Sven Ottke would be the best German SMW ever.
    That's what you think

The fact is he just beat someone who was being regarded as the best German SMW ever and a powerful southpaw. He beat a guy whom he was a 4:1 underdog against yet people attack him. I don't get it.
    He beat the best German Super Middleweight ever, huh. Yeah, that really means alot. Hall of Fame here he comes.
    They said he had the potential to be one. He still does. He isn't a bum.

Now, now you said he was the best German SMW ever, let's not back track. He might not be a total bum, but since he lost to Veit he's clearly not that good. Much less great.
    Well it was a mistype, and I didn't say he was the greatest, I said he was being regarded as the greatest. And Veit's only 2 losses have come at the hands of Calzaghe, the division's best, I don't see how you could hold that against him. Will he ever be champ? No I don't think so. Could he possibly beat a top 5 fighter? Absolutely. I would give him a chance against Kessler, Lacy and Beyer.
    Aside from the overrated Brahmer and shot Charles Bwerer who has he beat? He's fought 50 times so it shouldn't be hard to fine a good name. Unless there isn't one. He's a tall fighter with little power and a poor chin. Who froze in his two biggest fights. What makes you think he can be a threat to the top fighters?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    Well it was a mistype, and I didn't say he was the greatest, I said he was being regarded as the greatest.   And Veit's only 2 losses have come at the hands of Calzaghe, the division's best, I don't see how you could hold that against him.  Will he ever be champ?  No I don't think so.  Could he possibly beat a top 5 fighter?  Absolutely.  I would give him a chance against Kessler, Lacy and Beyer. 
    It's bullshat!

The bottom line is this...most people that are ripping him have probably never even seen him fight. I've got 5 fights of Veit's. 2 are the Calzaghe bouts. I aint an expert on the man...but he is a good fighter. That being said...Veit would have a great shot at beating anyone else out there other than Calzaghe. Not everyone in 168 jumps to challenge him...that should tell you something...the people that don't know about Veit...or haven't even seen him.
    I seen him fight 4 times and have not been immpressed in either. Nobody jumps to fight him because he brings nothing to the table

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Starr
    Quote Originally Posted by Starr
    haha all these Calzaghe "opponents' are getting exposed all of a sudden
    Starr....wtf are you talking about? Veit WON. He wasn't exposed he WON. If anyone exposed Veit it was Calzaghe himself. Where is your point? He WON the fight.
    The difficulty he won, if that was Joe it would have been a first round knockout
    Are you being sarcastic?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's bullshat!

I saw Calzaghe-Veit 2 and Veit did prity good but he just hadn't the power to keep calzaghe of.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by MikeTysonKnockOut
    It's bullshat!

I saw Calzaghe-Veit 2 and Veit did prity good but he just hadn't the power to keep calzaghe of.
    Correct, in the second fight, Veit caught Calzaghe more times than Lacy did in 6 rounds, but he has not got great power and Calzaghe really walked through him, but id like to see him in with Beyer and Kessler, also Violant Demise you dont know much about German boxing do you You say what does Veit bring to the table, alot of cash, you need to do a bit more research before shouting your mouth off, there was a reason Calzaghe went to germany to fight Veit the second time and that reason was the fact it was his second biggest payday of his career, so Beyer and the gang can avoid Veit all they want but the fact of the matter is he ia good decent challenge and brings alot of doller to the table. So there is no excuse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have to admire Veit's balls, after being humiliated in the first round against Calzaghe he went away and fought everyone the sanctioning body wanted him to fight to have a shot at revenge.
    It's a good solid win against Brahmer for him, there was a lot of talk about this guy after he got out of jail but Veit beat him when people thought he would just become a stepping stone for up and comers. Don't know much about Veit's personality so have no iidea what his ambitions are, I'd give him a chance against Beyer and he'd be an interesting opponent for the likes of Mundine or Green.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeTysonKnockOut
    It's bullshat!

Correct, in the second fight, Veit caught Calzaghe more times than Lacy did in 6 rounds, but he has not got great power and Calzaghe really walked through him, but id like to see him in with Beyer and Kessler, also Violant Demise you dont know much about German boxing do you You say what does Veit bring to the table, alot of cash, you need to do a bit more research before shouting your mouth off, there was a reason Calzaghe went to germany to fight Veit the second time and that reason was the fact it was his second biggest payday of his career, so Beyer and the gang can avoid Veit all they want but the fact of the matter is he ia good decent challenge and brings alot of doller to the table. So there is no excuse.
    Come on, nobody is avoiding Veit. Like I said, the guys had two chances and blew them both. Why should he get a third? He dosn't deserve it. Bottom line is this. Veit has fought 50 times and the biggest wins he's earned have been against an overrated prospect and an ancient ex champion (Charles Brewer). That's it. If Veit brings in as much money as you say he does, than I really feel sorry for German boxing.

Thread Information