Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Leonard vs. Hagler

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth
    Leonard won ... He hit Hagler more, and IMO looked more impressive... However, the second Hearns fight he lost blatantly.
    I didnt think he looked that impressive. He slapped and ran all night. When he did flurry it was at the very end of every round. Granted this strategy did win him the fight from the judges, but they just flat out got it wrong. IMO you cant win a fight by running all night and slapping anytime you got close to the other fighter.
    You must be the change you want to see in the world. --Mahatma Gandhi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Leonard won the fight. Hagler didn't do anything for the first 3 or 4 rounds and he didn't win the next 8 and thats not what you do to win. After 6 rounds the best it would have been was 4 rounds to 2 for Leonard and Hagler didn't play catch up that well he just fought the same pace instead of defending his title. Actually the black eye for the sport wasn't the decision, it was Hagler's actions in retirement instead of trying to get the victory back

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Starr
    Leonard won the fight. Hagler didn't do anything for the first 3 or 4 rounds and he didn't win the next 8 and thats not what you do to win. After 6 rounds the best it would have been was 4 rounds to 2 for Leonard and Hagler didn't play catch up that well he just fought the same pace instead of defending his title. Actually the black eye for the sport wasn't the decision, it was Hagler's actions in retirement instead of trying to get the victory back
    cc Starr exactly Haglar acted like a spoiled chump & spat the dummy. Leonard won that fight it wasn't even that close in my opinion, sure Hagler came on strong near the end, but it was his own fault for giving into Leonards every demand & fighting 12 rounds instead of 15. Hagler would have scored a KO if he had stuck to his guns instead of bending for the big payday!
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

ICB Guest

we should just have a poll and i think leonard won hagler gave away first 4 rounds and no way hagler won next 7 or 8 rounds no way in hell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    we should just have a poll and i think leonard won hagler gave away first 4 rounds and no way hagler won next 7 or 8 rounds no way in hell
    And theres no way flurries at the last seconds counts as taking a round either.
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

ICB Guest

leonard won first 4 rounds no problem but hagler didnt win next 7 or 8 either

ICB Guest

it was close but i think leonard just won

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by galaxy76
    cc Starr exactly Haglar acted like a spoiled chump & spat the dummy. Leonard won that fight it wasn't even that close in my opinion, sure Hagler came on strong near the end, but it was his own fault for giving into Leonards every demand & fighting 12 rounds instead of 15. Hagler would have scored a KO if he had stuck to his guns instead of bending for the big payday!
    it had to be that way or leonard would never have fought Hagler!! Hagler made that fight happen!!
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pardon Starr....She has become delusional with all the bright lights in the city that never sleeps, they have marred her visions and no doubt her opinions...
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bigragu
    Quote Originally Posted by galaxy76
    it had to be that way or leonard would never have fought Hagler!! Hagler made that fight happen!!
    That's what I'm saying, he was outsmarted even before the first bell rung!!!
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I watched the fight live on TV at the time.

Thought Hagler won.

My frends got em the video to wind me up, so I have watched it many times since.

I still think Hagler won ............ at the very least, I don't think Leonard did enought to take away his title.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    leonard won first 4 rounds no problem but hagler didnt win next 7 or 8 either
    IMO I didnt think that Leonard won the first 4. Dont remember how i saw each round (would have to rewatch it) but SRL didnt sweep the first 4
    You must be the change you want to see in the world. --Mahatma Gandhi

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought He lost the third
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Leonard Won the fight. It was the right decision.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Hagler landed the harder shots but Ray fought a smart fight and won the rounds but a whisker IMO.

Hagler threw away the early rounds by trying to match Rays boxing skills but when he came on strong at the end it was to late.

If it had been a 15 rounder I think Hagler would have stopped the great SRL.
    Balls

Thread Information