Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mayorga to Knock Out Cotto in 2 Rounds

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Mayorga has a punchers chance, but I think that's about it. To actually give him a decent shot of winning rounds against Cotto is very wishful thinking imo. Were he in his prime, Id actually favour him to win convincingly, especially at this weight. But Mayorgas chin has been dented big time now and he's way more shot than Cotto, I'd be surprised if Miguel doesn't hurt him when he lands big. Ricardo is 37 has never taken care of himself, and fought Mosley at 154 over two years ago. He looked good for much of that fight but nonethless he was knocked out again.. He then took a year off and couldn't even make 160 for his last fight. The guy he fought there had been Koed several times consecutively before facing Mayorga. Watch him fight the corpse of Fernando Vargas and tell me that's a guy that will beat Cotto. He could barely even hurt Vargas who had been KO'ed brutally by Mosley when he had a lot more in the tank.. Mayorga hasn't actually stopped a good fighter since Vernon Forrest in 2003, and has BEEN knocked out by the 3 world class fighters he has faced since. I do think that since people are still giving Mayorga a chance kind of says people know Cotto wouldnt have beaten him in his prime as a WW.. But now? Only see Cotto taking this one.
    Agree with much of what your saying, Mayorga would have ravaged Cotto in their primes at welterweight. Cotto would not have been able to impose his will on Mayorga.

I still feel that may be the case NOW. Mayorga has a real shot of hurting Cotto, then overwhelming him. And your crazy if you think little Miguel could have beaten Vargas at 166 lbs, despite Vargas being over the hill, that is still WAY too big of weight for Cotto and Vargas woulda connected and KO'd him.

154 however is a good weight for Cotto to be fighting Mayorga, I think its pretty fair for both men, and of course its for Cotto's world title.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

El Kabong Guest

Vargas?!?!?!?! Are you shittin' me?!?!?! Cotto is too crafty for the likes of him no matter what the weight.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Angry Re: Mayorga to Knock Out Cotto in 2 Rounds

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Mayorga has a punchers chance, but I think that's about it. To actually give him a decent shot of winning rounds against Cotto is very wishful thinking imo. Were he in his prime, Id actually favour him to win convincingly, especially at this weight. But Mayorgas chin has been dented big time now and he's way more shot than Cotto, I'd be surprised if Miguel doesn't hurt him when he lands big. Ricardo is 37 has never taken care of himself, and fought Mosley at 154 over two years ago. He looked good for much of that fight but nonethless he was knocked out again.. He then took a year off and couldn't even make 160 for his last fight. The guy he fought there had been Koed several times consecutively before facing Mayorga. Watch him fight the corpse of Fernando Vargas and tell me that's a guy that will beat Cotto. He could barely even hurt Vargas who had been KO'ed brutally by Mosley when he had a lot more in the tank.. Mayorga hasn't actually stopped a good fighter since Vernon Forrest in 2003, and has BEEN knocked out by the 3 world class fighters he has faced since. I do think that since people are still giving Mayorga a chance kind of says people know Cotto wouldnt have beaten him in his prime as a WW.. But now? Only see Cotto taking this one.
    Agree with much of what your saying, Mayorga would have ravaged Cotto in their primes at welterweight. Cotto would not have been able to impose his will on Mayorga.

I still feel that may be the case NOW. Mayorga has a real shot of hurting Cotto, then overwhelming him. And your crazy if you think little Miguel could have beaten Vargas at 166 lbs, despite Vargas being over the hill, that is still WAY too big of weight for Cotto and Vargas woulda connected and KO'd him.

154 however is a good weight for Cotto to be fighting Mayorga, I think its pretty fair for both men, and of course its for Cotto's world title.

Vargas and Mayorga fought at 166 because both men had/have trouble cutting weight, Vargas had a spare tire around his waist for christs sake! As far as lean mass theres no way Vargas was carrying more than 154 lbs, just like he was when Mosley stopped him twice at that weight! The fact that was Mayorgas last decent win even though he didnt hurt such damaged goods is all I wa s pointing out. There is NO way Cotto is there for the taking more than that version of Vargas was, but Mayorga couldnt get it done even without having to shed a pound. Now he has to cut weight after a long layoff and step up to the elite again, I dont expect it to go any differently than every other time he has done so. Mayorga is getting stopped in this one.
    Last edited by p4pking; 03-04-2011 at 11:02 PM.

El Kabong Guest

Mayorga is going to get battered.....FACT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The reason Margarito beat Cotto is because Tony is a BIG CHEAT, without plaster of Paris Mayorga I now think gets destroyed in this one.
    [SIGPIC]
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    [the only one acting like a girl sucking on Mayorgas dick is you lol either way the fight is almost here which means you soon wont be, cause when Mayorga gets KTFO you will be nowhere to be found

You must be dreaming

You will probably come round just as Cotto does, while the ref is counting over him
    just when i thought your boxing IQ couldn't get lower lol you just compared Ricardo Fucking Mayorga to Joe Frazier and Rocky Marciano hahahaha i was always taught to be nice to retards so....how are you doin buddy?
    Come on Ross you know Elterrible is never wrong, just look at his sig.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pavlik View Post
    The reason Margarito beat Cotto is because Tony is a BIG CHEAT, without plaster of Paris Mayorga I now think gets destroyed in this one.
    I love how everyone likes to bash on Margarito like every fight he's had with loaded wraps, but gives Pac the benefit of the doubt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by No Contest View Post
    I love how everyone likes to bash on Margarito like every fight he's had with loaded wraps, but gives Pac the benefit of the doubt.
    Because his physique's mass/weight does not indicate anything else other than normal. Maybe he is from planet krypton
    [SIGPIC]
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[the only one acting like a girl sucking on Mayorgas dick is you lol either way the fight is almost here which means you soon wont be, cause when Mayorga gets KTFO you will be nowhere to be found

You must be dreaming

You will probably come round just as Cotto does, while the ref is counting over him
    just when i thought your boxing IQ couldn't get lower lol you just compared Ricardo Fucking Mayorga to Joe Frazier and Rocky Marciano hahahaha i was always taught to be nice to retards so....how are you doin buddy?
    says the guy who gloated on that Duddy would be a world champ lol and yea look at my sig cause at least when i'm wrong i man up to it, not like ross who come next Saturday he'll be AWOL after Cotto demolishes Mayorga

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I love how people put possible steroid use and loaded handwraps in the same basket. Having said that, obviously Margarito is never going to get away with anything again, and I don't doubt Pacquiao is on something. I just can't for the life of me look at the two in the same vein. Understand the arguement for it to some extent, but loaded wraps is a deadly weapon and an idication of despicablly low morality.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You must be dreaming

says the guy who gloated on that Duddy would be a world champ lol and yea look at my sig cause at least when i'm wrong i man up to it, not like ross who come next Saturday he'll be AWOL after Cotto demolishes Mayorga
    I would like you to look through my post and find where I say Duddy is going to be world champ. You keep saying that like its a fact, are you just stuck on stupid?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I love how people put possible steroid use and loaded handwraps in the same basket. Having said that, obviously Margarito is never going to get away with anything again, and I don't doubt Pacquiao is on something. I just can't for the life of me look at the two in the same vein. Understand the arguement for it to some extent, but loaded wraps is a deadly weapon and an idication of despicablly low morality.
    You dont think steroid use is as bad as loaded wraps? Yeah, being able to have great stamina and power in the late rounds when your opponent is gasing out could be just as dangerous. Look at Cotto's face after the pac fight its about as bad as after the margarito fight.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You dont think steroid use is as bad as loaded wraps? Yeah, being able to have great stamina and power in the late rounds when your opponent is gasing out could be just as dangerous. Look at Cotto's face after the pac fight its about as bad as after the margarito fight.
    That's why I said I understand the arguement to an extent. Boxing is a deadly sport and any unfair advantage a fighter brings is disgraceful. But actually loading wraps before the fight is monsterous, only a complete thug would even think about it. Wheras you or anyone else can't tell me any top teir fighters or athletes in any sport aren't on any number of things that aren't detected, you really never know. Pacman is an incredible athlete with sensational work ethic, whether he is on anything performance enhancing or not. Margarito is basically a tough guy who very likely did use plaster in at least a couple of fights. It makes absolutely no sense that Mosley would have been the first opponent he considered using it against, after just coming off a Cotto victory who had beaten Mosley.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What I'm saying is that theres no evidence that he did. There is also no evidence that pac has taken steroids. But there is a double standard going on. You can be suspicious of both because there are reasons. Pac refusing olympic style testing, and Margarito getting caught against Mosely. Apparently nobody ever watched Margaritos hands getting wrapped before.....

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You must be dreaming

I would like you to look through my post and find where I say Duddy is going to be world champ. You keep saying that like its a fact, are you just stuck on stupid?
    we already did this dance and you came off looking like a jackass, just like ross, you really wanna do it again?

Thread Information