Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Miguel Cotto will face Daniel Geale at 157

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Only a fool who knows nothing about Boxing would call Alvarez cuddled. The stupidity of such a comment. In his last 4 fights Alvarez has been in the ring against Floyd Mayweather, Erislandy Lara, Alfredo Angulo and Austin Trout. And the muthafukka is only 24 years old. Which of the current top fighters can say they fought better opposition at 24? Not Pac. Not Cotto. Yet fools still hate? Alvarez didn't use head gear and big ass gloves and take the Olympic route like Cotto and others. Cotto was 15 years old fighting other 15 year old kids. Alvarez was 15 years old fighting grown ass men. It was all on the job training. Yet dumb fucks call him cuddled.
    Your quitting mexican hero Chavez Sr called that bitch coddled.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cotto has history of this kind of thing so it's not so surprising. For every Pacquiao, there is a Yuri Foreman, for every Mayweather, there is a Delvin Rodriguez or an Alfonso Gomez or an Oktay Urkal or a Michael Jennings. They're not terrible fighters but they're not competitive matches. After the Martinez performance I was hoping he'd take that momentum I into a tougher fight. Certain other fighters have been getting absolute pelters for taking on weaker opposition. 😄

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Geale is a solid 160 fighter, a lot of people are forgetting his performance on the road against Sturm. He's only ever been outclassed by the best man in the weight class. Geale isn't an injury ridden shell of a fighter like Martinez. He will put in a solid performance IMO.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ono View Post
    Cotto has history of this kind of thing so it's not so surprising. For every Pacquiao, there is a Yuri Foreman, for every Mayweather, there is a Delvin Rodriguez or an Alfonso Gomez or an Oktay Urkal or a Michael Jennings. They're not terrible fighters but they're not competitive matches. After the Martinez performance I was hoping he'd take that momentum I into a tougher fight. Certain other fighters have been getting absolute pelters for taking on weaker opposition. 😄
    Nobody called Geale weaker comp when GGG fought him.

Most of Cotto's fights are at 140 and 147.
    He has fought tough comp his entire career..and has paid his dues as an established warrior.

Cotto is not a MW and is about to retire...let the guy build a nest egg before he says goodbye.

If anybody should be looking for tougher comp it's everybody's darling Golovkin.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post
    Geale is a solid 160 fighter, a lot of people are forgetting his performance on the road against Sturm. He's only ever been outclassed by the best man in the weight class. Geale isn't an injury ridden shell of a fighter like Martinez. He will put in a solid performance IMO.
    The entire MW division is a shell.

It's the weakest EVER.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by corvette View Post

He has fought tough comp his entire career..and has paid his dues as an established warrior.

Cotto is not a MW and is about to retire...let the guy build a nest egg before he says goodbye.

If anybody should be looking for tougher comp it's everybody's darling Golovkin.
    Nobody seriously thought Geale was a test for Golovkin did they? I agree Golovkin has spent the last 2 years basically fighting guys at a very similar level - Geale, Macklin, Murray etc. He needs to step up now and prove he can be as devastating at the very top level.

As for Cotto, he has more than paid his dues, but as a fan you want to see competitive fights. This fight shouldn't be competitive. I was merely pointing out that Cotto has disappointed in the past with his choice of opponent at certain times (Urkal, Jennings, Gomez), and for me, this is another fight that isn't really interesting - to me at least. It's a foregone conclusion.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nobody seriously thought Geale was a test for Golovkin did they? I agree Golovkin has spent the last 2 years basically fighting guys at a very similar level - Geale, Macklin, Murray etc. He needs to step up now and prove he can be as devastating at the very top level.

As for Cotto, he has more than paid his dues, but as a fan you want to see competitive fights. This fight shouldn't be competitive. I was merely pointing out that Cotto has disappointed in the past with his choice of opponent at certain times (Urkal, Jennings, Gomez), and for me, this is another fight that isn't really interesting - to me at least. It's a foregone conclusion.
    Cotto vs GGG is not competitive.

Urkal, Jennings, Gomez
    Came off loses...those guys are on the same level as the guys GGG gets credit for beating up.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Urkal, Jennings, Gomez
    Came off loses...those guys are on the same level as the guys GGG gets credit for beating up.
    Right , so the "lineal champ" v GGG is not competitive. Who gets the blame in your eyes? GGG . how come? He's just trying to make a living. So yet again, I ask you, who should GGG fight? Your answers in the best have been pathetic .
    Ward - says he wants it, but guess what ? He's got a date in June and they've been looking at a "less challenging opponent" despite Ward calling out GGG in his 3 years out of the ring or whatever it is .
    Froch - don't want it. Only wants Chavez.
    Dirrell's - both got fights lined up.
    Abraham - scheduled to fight Sturm
    Degale - fighting Dirrell
    Groves - mandatory to fight the other Dirrell.
    That is the top 7 fighters in the division above. WHO THE FUCK SHOULD HE FIGHT??
    Until someone fronts up to him, you're gonna have to keep listening to people praising him, and if you haven't got a solution (which you clearly haven't.) , tough shit pal!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

Urkal, Jennings, Gomez
    Right , so the "lineal champ" v GGG is not competitive. Who gets the blame in your eyes? GGG . how come? He's just trying to make a living. So yet again, I ask you, who should GGG fight? Your answers in the best have been pathetic .
    Ward - says he wants it, but guess what ? He's got a date in June and they've been looking at a "less challenging opponent" despite Ward calling out GGG in his 3 years out of the ring or whatever it is .
    That is the top 7 fighters in the division above. WHO THE FUCK SHOULD HE FIGHT??
    Until someone fronts up to him, you're gonna have to keep listening to people praising him, and if you haven't got a solution (which you clearly haven't.) , tough shit pal!
    Floyd didn't even get credit for fighting Cotto at WW...yet....you are ready to give GGG credit for fighting him at MW...

GGG has a fight too...just like the Dirrells....

They will all be available...but you know K2 isn't about taking chances.

Good thing Terrance Crawford doesn't share GGG's nutless approach to boxing...he's moved up and is looking to conquer another division.

GGG is too OLD to be fucking around in the worst MW division EVER.

If he is so great...why is the bar set so LOW for him
    Everybody has to take chances but Triple trash.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Urkal, Jennings, Gomez
    Floyd didn't even get credit for fighting Cotto at WW...yet....you are ready to give GGG credit for fighting him at MW...

Good thing Terrance Crawford doesn't share GGG's nutless approach to boxing...he's moved up and is looking to conquer another division.

You talk shite! How am I giving him credit for fighting Cotto? he ain't fighting Cotto! Cotto ducked him remember?
    And by your way of thinking because GGG Has a fight lined up, as the Dirrell's have, they're all available. If the Dirrell's lose to Badou Jack, Degale or Groves,what then?
    You still haven't said, who should GGG FIGHT? You can't answer because you don't know, because you're talking horseshit. Come up with some answers, and people might take you seriously.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Urkal, Jennings, Gomez

You talk shite! How am I giving him credit for fighting Cotto? he ain't fighting Cotto! Cotto ducked him remember?
    And by your way of thinking because GGG Has a fight lined up, as the Dirrell's have, they're all available. If the Dirrell's lose to Badou Jack, Degale or Groves,what then?
    You still haven't said, who should GGG FIGHT? You can't answer because you don't know, because you're talking horseshit. Come up with some answers, and people might take you seriously.
    Cotto's resume makes GGG look like a cringing coward.

A Golovkin fan can't call Cotto a ducker...especially considering most of his fights are at 140 and 147.

MW is the worst ever...you should want your hero to move from that hole and dare to be great.

You are thirsty for a hero...that's why you want lil GG to stay at MW where he is SAFE....

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Urkal, Jennings, Gomez
    In what sense?

And I'm sorry but Jennings was a leisure centre fighter. I liked him and he was a grafter but he was massively out of his depth against Cotto. He was a couple of levels below the mediocre opposition GGG has been beating up. Gomez was a reality tv star. Urkal wasn't particularly good either. Cotto has just come off one of the most devastating performances of his career and he's taking on a guy who's lost two of his last four. However you dress it up, it's a weak match up.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Geale is 3 inches taller and will have a 4 inch reach advantage, Cotto will want to be at his best in this fight. This is more of a danger fight than i thought.

Thread Information