Thread: Not convinced GGG beats Froch or Ward

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Personally I think ggg is a small middle wight so moving up a weight will be daft especially when the big money fights are lower down , don't think his next will be a big name but it will be at middleweight again, I'm hoping the Saul alverez or cotto fight comes off tho but recon cotto will b fighting floyd in September

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Not convinced GGG beats Froch or Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Colinc View Post
    Personally I think ggg is a small middle wight so moving up a weight will be daft especially when the big money fights are lower down , don't think his next will be a big name but it will be at middleweight again, I'm hoping the Saul alverez or cotto fight comes off tho but recon cotto will b fighting floyd in September
    I agree. I guess I can only call it a hunch but I just see GGG moving up in weight as a something he should avoid doing.

I think going up against bigger guys makes him less effective.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Ward easily beats ggg. He's bigger and better. Ggg beats froch easily. Ggg fights smart when he needs to. He wouldn't brawl with froch. He would counter him all night.

He wouldn't need to , if Groves can hurt Froch , GGG is done for murder.
    But he would do it with counter punches. Ggg is a smart fighter despite what some people think. He wouldn't be dumb enough to stand toe to toe and chance getting caught.
    I ment he wouldn't need to counter all night , as I feel he would win via knockout.
    Yes he would counter the wide open froch.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    430 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Isn't Ward tip toeing away to Lt hvy now and dragging a super middleweight opponent up with him next out? Ward has some rebuilding to do in the first place. You cannot go in the opposite direction and then blame a guy for not wanting to fight you. Golovkin would be way too accurate for Froch I believe.

Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

GGG could NOT get a fight with Sergio AM I RIGHT,! Sergio was supposed to be the man, but
    he wanted nothing to do with GGG did he,! why because he would have lost simple.
    What more can a fighter do than win, which GGG has done there is no pleasing some people,
    he beat Monroe up but in some peoples eyes, he looks vulnerable sorry boy's what a crock of
    shit.

Mentioned
    503 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

GGG has a limited style that "I walk forward and break you down" will only take you so far. He's very easy to hit and he has not got a chance of beating Ward if he moves up.

Indeed I can almost see him being embarrased in that fight. But I could be wrong. As for Froch. Froch's age and desire might be against him but I see that as 55/45 in Froch's favour.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by denilson200 View Post
    GGG has a limited style that "I walk forward and break you down" will only take you so far. He's very easy to hit and he has not got a chance of beating Ward if he moves up.

Indeed I can almost see him being embarrased in that fight. But I could be wrong. As for Froch. Froch's age and desire might be against him but I see that as 55/45 in Froch's favour.
    Luckily froch is white otherwise ggg would have no chance 😊

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ward easily beats ggg. He's bigger and better. Ggg beats froch easily. Ggg fights smart when he needs to. He wouldn't brawl with froch. He would counter him all night.

He wouldn't need to , if Groves can hurt Froch , GGG is done for murder.
    But he would do it with counter punches. Ggg is a smart fighter despite what some people think. He wouldn't be dumb enough to stand toe to toe and chance getting caught.
    I ment he wouldn't need to counter all night , as I feel he would win via knockout.
    Yes he would counter the wide open froch.
    Oh. Gotcha

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It all depends on whether GGG Can transfer the power from 160 to 168 and looking at his size I don't believe he can. Not saying the power won't be there, it just won't be as devastating. He's 32 as well so it's not even like he's a young 160 fighter.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's 33 now. But this "small middleweight" talk needs to end. Pac is a small welter, he walks around at the limit. Floyd is a small welter, he walks around a couple pounds above the limit. That is what someone small for the weight does. Golovkin doesn't walk around close to 160. Golovkin walks around only a couple pounds lighter than Ward. He enters the ring only a couple pounds lighter than Ward. At his 30 day weigh in(which gives you a more accurate gauge of true size than anything) this "small middleweight" weighed 3 pounds more than the "big middleweight" Martin Murray. Someone please explain how GGG can be small yet bigger than a man who is big? I could use a laugh. When the right opponent is mentioned GGG has been willing to move up for years. Don't be confused into believing the easy Chavez was the first because he wasn't. As long as it's an easy guy they are willing. GGG fought at a higher weight than he does now 13 years ago! There is absolutely no reason to call him small. At least nothing to do with his size anyway.

I don't think for a second GGG is scared. But people need to open their eyes. GGG already has his next fight scheduled, against the always dangerous TBA in September. They will plug in whoever because there is no time to search out the best opponent. They've been running this scam for years and they are making good money doing it. And people will explain why this next guy is a good opponent since he is busy. But look at his opponents. Go back a ways and you will see over the hill, never were types, almost types, guys that aren't even in real boxing anymore, undersized, only like 5 guys with a KO % above 50%, and Geale. He is 33, he has been champion for years. He needs a challenge!!! He could beat up a child and I'm sure it would be a vicious KO but it wouldn't be sport. Let the man fight someone on his level!! Stop excusing him fighting fighters he is far superior too.

And to add to the point his manager said yesterday "the fans want to see a Ward fight but it would have to be PPV to pay Ward". He has done absolutely no negotiating with Ward to know what Ward would want. So don't let him Arum you people, they are planting false flags. They don't even want to negotiate!!!

I'm not saying he has to fight Ward. But don't let this man tell you he knows the fans want it and give you an excuse he has absolutely no knowledge of. And don't support that excuse with more excuses. Call for the fight, GGG is up for it. And if it can't be made it can't be made. But don't support two great fighters not fighting over excuses. This sport has become far too full of excuses.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Also, the WBC has approved a step asside of the mandatory. As we knew they would. If Cotto/Canelo winner agrees to fight GGG next. So it's all in a neat little bow for Cotto/Canelo. Cotto can fight Canelo then retire. Canelo can fight Cotto and if he wins vacate the belts and go back to Jr Middle(or 155). GGG can take an easy fight in September then fight whoever for the lineal title in early 2016. Talk of "I will fight Ward after Cotto and Canelo" is just talk. It's all going how it always was going to go and GGG wasn't ever going to fight Canelo or Cotto. But we all knew that, did GGG? Millions of dollars changing hands, do you believe we knew and one of the key pieces in this scheme didn't know?

And will Geale get a fair shake or is this like DLH/Sturm and all Cotto has to do is finish on his feet to preserve all that Canelo/Cotto money?

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

he wouldnt beat foch but he would beat ward and floyd
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think there is an element of what Andre alluded to at play with GGG. He's is literally walking through people right now, doesn't give a flying fuck what they are coming back with if anything, more than happy to take a few clumps to get his in.

Put him in against a Ward, Froch, Cotto, Alvarez or Floyd and I think you see a more measured fighter. Every bit as brutal but with an eye on defence as well.

Has anyone got a link to the fight so I can re-watch it. Stream was a bit shite.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ward sure gets a lot of love around here for a fighter that has fought 4 times in the last 4 years.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I find it hard to believe that Ward and Golovkin walk around at the same weight? Ward looks significantly bigger than him. GGG's fight night weight was 170. Ward's next fight is set at 172 for the weigh-in.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Thread Information