Thread: Did Haye win any fans tonight?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Did Haye win any fans tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    No Haye fan these days though once a big fan. Lazy and it showed his body wasn't up to it with his inactivity serves him right. He doesn't deserve another pay day.

On the flip side Bellew today is probably more bothered by the fact he couldn't hurt or finish off a guy fighting on one leg .

I turned off for post match interviews but had a text this morning saying Bellew called out Wilder ?!?
    Hearn called out Wilder, Parker and Hughie on Bellew behalf. Bellew was looking at him as if he was mad.
    Bellew called out Wilder on his own whilst talking with AJ

Mentioned
    1679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    No Haye fan these days though once a big fan. Lazy and it showed his body wasn't up to it with his inactivity serves him right. He doesn't deserve another pay day.

On the flip side Bellew today is probably more bothered by the fact he couldn't hurt or finish off a guy fighting on one leg .

I turned off for post match interviews but had a text this morning saying Bellew called out Wilder ?!?
    Hearn called out Wilder, Parker and Hughie on Bellew behalf. Bellew was looking at him as if he was mad.
    Really! What a dick. On the one hand he said he would not fight a big heavyweight like AJ and then wants Wilder, that is crazy. The only way Bellew wins is through injury again.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Really! What a dick. On the one hand he said he would not fight a big heavyweight like AJ and then wants Wilder, that is crazy. The only way Bellew wins is through injury again.
    yup he said something like 'Denotay Wilder I want you..the BRONZE BOMBER' at this point AJ threw his head back and let out a weird high pitched mewling sound that I believe was supposed to come across somewhere between shock, admiration and or excitement

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wilder is a bigger hitter than Haye, more unorthodox, and is gigantic. Bellew would be risking serious injury getting in the ring with him.

Take this win, Tony, and go back to cruiserweight. Stay well away from Usyk. You now have a big enough name to handpick somebody beatable, turn it into another big circus and then head off into the sunset, trundling a wheelbarrow of money.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Am alone in thinking Bellew isn't the future of the HW division ?

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Am alone in thinking Bellew isn't the future of the HW division ?
    You're going to go far with out of the box thinking like that Al.

Personally, I feel like I witnessed the white Mike Tyson last night. Chills went through the division.
    Saddo Fantasy Premier League
    2011/12 - 2nd
    2012/13 -1st Hidden Content
    2013/14 - 3rd (Master won)

Saddo World Cup Dream Team
    2014 - 1st Hidden Content

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yup he said something like 'Denotay Wilder I want you..the BRONZE BOMBER' at this point AJ threw his head back and let out a weird high pitched mewling sound that I believe was supposed to come across somewhere between shock, admiration and or excitement
    Genuinely think it was just an incredulous spontaneous laugh. Made me laugh too.
    2011/12 - 2nd

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Talk about history being rewritten.

Since when was Haye some big quitting bottle job? He was throwing punches when the towel was thrown in against Thompson and his only mistake against Wlad was blaming his toe after being outclassed by the much bigger, stronger better fighter. He got off the floor to beat Mormeck and came back against Fragomeni with half his face hanging off.

What he did last night for five rounds was ridiculous. He would have had more chance of winning if one of his arms were disabled instead of his footing.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post

Since when was Haye some big quitting bottle job? He was throwing punches when the towel was thrown in against Thompson and his only mistake against Wlad was blaming his toe after being outclassed by the much bigger, stronger better fighter. He got off the floor to beat Mormeck and came back against Fragomeni with half his face hanging off.
    I don't think Haye has ever been a big quitting bottle job, the examples you gave were all before the Klit fight.

The questions about his desire have all came up immediately after the Klit fight.

There is no question of his commitment when he is actually in the ring, it is just getting him in there for the important fights that has been the problem.

Now I'm not going to say that his reasons for pulling out of the Fury fights were not legitimate but a loss against Fury would have been damaging to his media persona had he of fought and got beat.

The problem with Haye is that he appears to crave for celebrity attention outside of the rind but isn't prepared to take the risks required inside the ring.

I still believe that the only reason that he fought on as long as he did was because he had already exhausted all excuses previously (and I think if he was able to then he would have pulled out before the fight)

I'm going to forget about the injury from now and I'm going to say that based on the 5 rounds that he was fighting uninjured he looked like someone who used to be a good fighter buy will never ever be able to mix it with the big boys now.
    Last edited by Batman; 03-06-2017 at 05:10 AM. Reason: auto correct and alcohol

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ryanman View Post

Genuinely think it was just an incredulous spontaneous laugh. Made me laugh too.
    yeah I'm going to go with shock and disbelief, it was pretty amusing though

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What he did last night for five rounds was ridiculous. He would have had more chance of winning if one of his arms were disabled instead of his footing.
    If you mean me mate then I should clarify that I don't think Haye was ever a quitter, but I still didn't expect him to show that kind of heart last night.
    I tend to be ambivalent towards Haye, not in either 'camp' but have a lot more respect now than before.
    That injury was an instant fight stopper in my opinion.

Speaking generally I don't really understand people that don't give credit where it due - regardless of their opinion on a person.

Speaking to a couple of friends today and the general response is 'yeah well Haye's a cunt'.
    And I'm saying well your entitled to your opinion but I'm not discussing his position on the cunt-scale. I'm trying to discuss the fact that fighting for 5 rounds on one leg is fucking brave. The two shouldn't really influence each other.
    2011/12 - 2nd

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ryanman View Post

If you mean me mate then I should clarify that I don't think Haye was ever a quitter, but I still didn't expect him to show that kind of heart last night.
    I tend to be ambivalent towards Haye, not in either 'camp' but have a lot more respect now than before.
    That injury was an instant fight stopper in my opinion.

Speaking generally I don't really understand people that don't give credit where it due - regardless of their opinion on a person.

Speaking to a couple of friends today and the general response is 'yeah well Haye's a cunt'.
    And I'm saying well your entitled to your opinion but I'm not discussing his position on the cunt-scale. I'm trying to discuss the fact that fighting for 5 rounds on one leg is fucking brave. The two shouldn't really influence each other.
    You get some fighters who would fight with their eye hanging out of its socket and a broken arm and they would still go mad at the corner for throwing in the towel, they want to go out on their sword they are fighters, they don't quit

Then you get someone who would jump out of the ring and run to Saturday Kitchen at the first opportunity if circumstances would have allowed it, as it happened Haye knows what the public opinion is and he knows that pulling out because of an (albeit genuine) injury would have damaged infinitely and by him hanging in means he gets to make the £££'s required through a rematch then that is what he is going to do.

He was banking on AJ after this fight and make no mistake about it he realized pretty sharpish that a rematch was the very best he could hope for and an injury wouldn't have warranted it, thats why he hung in as long as possible and said the better man won

Mentioned
    1679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It all depends on how long it will take Haye to recover. Bellew will want to remain active and Wilder would make perfect sense not.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would like to withdraw all of my previous thoughts and opinions, I wanna hear what PK has to say about the fight

I reserve judgement until then

Mentioned
    1679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would like to withdraw all of my previous thoughts and opinions, I wanna hear what PK has to say about the fight

I reserve judgement until then
    Now I know you have gone mad through sleep deprivation

Thread Information