Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Devin Haney v George Kambosos 15/10/22

judges score it wide for devin
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haney better pack a lunch moving up to 140. Gets more stationary sharp puncher but not throwing bricks. He says zero about moving up interestingly during post fight.

Mentioned
    1679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Devin Haney believes he deserves more respect and a place in the pound-for-pound rankings after his rematch win over George Kambosos Jr.

Haney and Kambosos Jr touched gloves for the second time last night just four months on from their undisputed 135lb meeting back in June. The American star put his belts on the line in a maiden defence in Australia on Saturday night and the fight followed a similar route with Haney once again showing his dominance on unfamiliar soil.

There are several big fights on the horizon for Haney who is currently recognised as the leader of the 135lb division ahead of the likes of Gervonta Davis, Vasyl Lomachenko and Ryan Garcia. And the 23-year-old believes he commands more respect after accepting another tough challenge against a top fighter.

“I should definitely be on the pound-for-pound rankings," Haney said after the fight when assessing his latest win over Kambosos Jr. "In the first fight, they said that all I had was my jab. Today I came in and showed them my right hand. I showed how versatile I am. I came to Australia not once, but twice.

"I honoured it, and beat the man twice in his hometown. I definitely deserve to be in the pound-for-pound rankings. We take on all comers. No matter who it is, we want to fight the best fighters in the world. I believe I’m the best fighter in the world. Whoever is next, bring him on.”

The judges scorecards represented Haney's commanding performance from the opening bell with all three scoring the contest at 119-109, 118-110 and 118-110 in favour of the champion. Kambosos Jr had grabbed the belts with a shock victory over Teofimo Lopez and came into the original fight with an edge having been staged in Australia.

But on both occasions the pair have now met, Haney has just simply outclassed his rival after a fiery build-up between the pair. And the champion believes that the fight was different to the first but he was once again able to fight through adversity and take control of the showdown.

“I knew that he was looking for the jab," he continued after the final bell. "So my team wanted me to show other tools in my arsenal. My dad wanted me to throw the hook more. But I feel that the right hand was what won me the fight. When he first came out, I didn’t expect him to be switching. But I caught on to his timing and his angles, and I started to pick my shots more.

“Against a southpaw, the right hand is always on the money. That’s what happened. He’s a warrior. I take my hat off to George Kambosos and all the Australian fans that came out. Thank you guys for giving me so much hospitality here.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...bd2e260c0e6eb2
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What a lame effort by Kambosos.

I understand Kambosos made more money by triggering the rematch clause than if he took on another contest, but his tactics were ineffective. He was trying to be unorthodox switching stance, fighting dirty punching at the hip, head butt and elbows. It did not work and was not active enough to cause Haney any issues.

Devin was too skilled, quick and accurate for Kambosos and in round 10 went for the knockout battering George face like no one has before. Very impressed with Devin Haney's performance who showed good composure for such a young boxer.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As dominant as Haney was over Kambosos... twice... I'd wait till Haney faces elite opposition at 135 before conferring any p4p rankings on him.

It's the typical mentality in today's boxing. Getting the accolades before achieving the record to match them.

P4p isn't something you order through a drive-thru window.

Thread Information