Cool Clicks

Default Re: Team McCloskey reveal (in detail) why fight with Khan is off

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sligobhoy67 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sligobhoy67 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ono View Post
    I'm not a huge fan of Con the way i am of Manny Pacquiao and was of Joe Calzaghe. I'm only an average fan of Con. It's pretty obvious Con wants to dictate everything here. Some of his counter offers are just moronic (25% on sales over 200000). But at the same time doesn't Paul McCloskey realize he's only Paul McCloskey? Why the fuck is he trying to negotiate like he's actually somebody? He's no Tim Bradley or Marcos Maidana. He ain't even a Julio Diaz or Willy Blain. Bradley and Maidana are 2 of the division top stars. Diaz is a shot former champion. But he was a champion. Blain at least can say he's a 2 time Olympian amateur star. Paul McCloskey is like Paul McCloskey. And Paul McCloskey's don't get to make demands. His team admitted the offer was twice what he ever made. Does he not know getting doubled what you ever made is actually a good thing? Unless his previous highest purse was $12 dollars what the fuck is the problem? Your Paul McCloskey. How much have you deluded yourself into thinking your worth? It's obvious Con is deadly afraid of Precott and wants the easiest fight possible. So do everyone a favor and take the fight. The faster you accept the faster this charade is over. Not only that but the chances of you losing to a fellow scrub like Graeme Higginson or Peter McDonagh are pretty fucking high. I doubt the offer will still be on the table after that
    Best post i've read this year.
    You think so?

Maybe McCloskey should take the fight for free just to ensure that Khan earns over £2m. And sign over all rights to any future earnings as well!

Anyone defending the slavery contract offered to McCloskey ISN'T a boxing fan!
    McCloskey and his team are just being stupid. Take double your money and make the fight happen. All this talk about options and all that is just moronic. They sound stupid even debating it. It would make sense if it was Bradley or Alexander arguing it. Ortiz and Peterson I can see too. Judah and even Mabuza would be allowed. But that's not the case. It's Paul McCloskey. You have no fucking chance. Take your money and get this shit over with. All this talk about options like it even matters makes them look like fucking idiots. It's like somebody refusing to accept a life insurance policy cuz the insurance company refuses to cover death by unicorn.
    but the money being offered for a fight of this nature is shít! he can make that in two easy fights?

why lining Khans pockets with gold if you are getting nothing in return.

It makes no sense whatsoever.

Did you even read the detail of the offer made? Its fúcking lunancy.
    Yes I read it. And they admitted it's twice the amount he's ever made. Unless he some how has a richer option out there he really needs to take the fight. You say he can make that amount in 2 fights. Ok. What happens if he loses in the first fight? I highly possible possibility. Think he still makes up the difference in the second fight?
    There aren't any European title challengers amongst the worlds best at 140. McCloskey is currently the BEST of the lot. So he will be favourite to win. Against Khan, like you and everyone said, he has no chance.

If I gave you the choice of being battered for $100 or fight two spastics for $50 what would you take? Come on now, it's not even a choice. However, if I offer you $500 to get battered, you now have something to seriously consider.
    Last edited by Fenster; 02-04-2011 at 06:11 PM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Thread Information