Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mayorga to Knock Out Cotto in 2 Rounds

Quote Originally Posted by No Contest View Post
    What I'm saying is that theres no evidence that he did. There is also no evidence that pac has taken steroids. But there is a double standard going on. You can be suspicious of both because there are reasons. Pac refusing olympic style testing, and Margarito getting caught against Mosely. Apparently nobody ever watched Margaritos hands getting wrapped before.....
    the difference is Margarito was caught red handed with plaster in his wraps before Mosley, giving everyone REASON to believe and suspect he could have cheated before, especially since he's looked like shit the 3 fights after being found with plaster

as for Pacquiao there is 0 proof not a single needle nor any other shred of evidence that he's used anything, only a fucking moron would try to compare the two then spew out the it's a double standard that people don't view both cases in the same light, but well just look who i'm responding to

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You clown , nobody in all of his previous fights watched the hands being wrapped is that what your telling me? STFU. Theres 0 proof on pac because he wont get tested, thats suspect to me. He could be using and stop before the mandatory tests.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You clown , nobody in all of his previous fights watched the hands being wrapped is that what your telling me? STFU. Theres 0 proof on pac because he wont get tested, thats suspect to me. He could be using and stop before the mandatory tests.
    yea and your explanation for his crap performances in his last 3 fights? lol dude you're a tool

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Whats this guys problem he cant argue without calling people names. You are the one that always starts the name calling, thats how you win arguements? Ok since only his last 3 fights count I guess? I'll oblige he fought Mosely who is a damn good fighter, had a layoff for over a year due to suspension, fought and won a clear UD, then fought Pac who is also a great fighter. He also beat alot of great opponents before that but they dont count I guess? They also ....all the different trainers , never watched him getting his hands wrapped?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Whats this guys problem he cant argue without calling people names. You are the one that always starts the name calling, thats how you win arguements? Ok since only his last 3 fights count I guess? I'll oblige he fought Mosely who is a damn good fighter, had a layoff for over a year due to suspension, fought and won a clear UD, then fought Pac who is also a great fighter. He also beat alot of great opponents before that but they dont count I guess? They also ....all the different trainers , never watched him getting his hands wrapped?
    so explain to me how having such awesome power he was able to inflict so much damage on guys like Cotto's face, yet when he stepped in against Manny he landed more shots than Clottey and yet did very little notable damage, and Clottey who isn't known for his power at all (cause it's pretty non-existent) is able to inflict a hell of a lot more damage although he landed way less

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    so explain to me how having such awesome power he was able to inflict so much damage on guys like Cotto's face, yet when he stepped in against Manny he landed more shots than Clottey and yet did very little notable damage, and Clottey who isn't known for his power at all (cause it's pretty non-existent) is able to inflict a hell of a lot more damage although he landed way less
    What are you talking about Clottey didnt damage Pac any more than margarito did. I think Margarito did about the same damage, he hurt pac a few times. They both didnt do jack really, but I would say at least Margarito landed more. Thats a very weak arguement IMO.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dont see a huge difference....

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    What are you talking about Clottey didnt damage Pac any more than margarito did. I think Margarito did about the same damage, he hurt pac a few times. They both didnt do jack really, but I would say at least Margarito landed more. Thats a very weak arguement IMO.
    you said it yourself Margarito landed more

After Margarito

After Clottey

hell at least Joshua managed to mark him up, and well you said it yourself he landed less, and is a pillow puncher

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Body shots count too....man your really grasping at straws here.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

even if you wanna say Margarito did the same amount of damage, the difference in supposed power is huge, and well as you said Margarito landed more

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/vi...ottey-compubox
    http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/vi...arito-compubox

so if Margarito is such a hard banger than why the hell did he barely do anymore damage than Clottey when he landed well over the double number of punches than Clottey and well before the wraps scandal was considered the bigger puncher

and yea it includes body shots but look at HBO's punch by punch stats, both guys landed more up top than to the body
    Last edited by ElTerribleMorales; 03-05-2011 at 04:47 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

anywho back to the topic, Cotto pounds out Mayorga in 5-6 then beats up the cheating cyclops that is Margarito in the rematch, the sig will be gone by then, but i know you wont step up, same way ross doesn't, birds of a feather really

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I didn't read all four pages. Or anything but the original post really. But I give Mayorga almost zero shot in this fight. He's going to catch a beat down.

The only way I see Cotto having problems is if he decides its time to break out the movement. Just come forward, keep Mayorga off balance with the jab and beat his ass. I hate to say its simple but its simple.

El Kabong Guest

Guys get back on topic please....I don't and OumaFan, thanks for having a brain. Ricardo Mayorga is 37, he's had trouble making 160 let alone 154, and let's not forget that when De la Hoya whipped his ass he even tested positive for a diuretic....I doubt he's improved with age.

Cotto can box, people thought he couldn't when he fought Abdullaev, or Shane Mosley, but he can and he's damn good at it, he should do it more often at 154.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cotto can box and move but I really don't think its the right way to go here. Controlled aggression. Take the middle of the ring and make Mayorga back up. He'll do it too. He should be able to back him up and pick him off at will with the jab and Mayorga just isn't winning this fight unless Cotto decides to track stay on the back foot and box and move. Even then Cotto should win but it gives Mayorga chances.

I thought (and said on here, before the fight ever happened) that the worst strategy possible for the Margarito fight was to constantly box and move. He should have mixed in some aggression. He's just better as a come forward fighter. He wore himself out doing that. But even more so here I think he's better suited with fighting an aggressive fight. Not crazy, wild aggressive but aggressive.

Thread Information