Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Heavyweights who didnt acheive greatness but could of in a different era ???

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Heavyweights who didnt acheive greatness but could of in a different era ???

he would beat them both twice in the same nite

ill tell u what---he would knock wlad out if they fought tomorrow

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Heavyweights who didnt acheive greatness but could of in a different era ???

Quote Originally Posted by LawHoops
    he would beat them both twice in the same nite

ill tell u what---he would knock wlad out if they fought tomorrow
    LOL [click]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Britkid
    Quote Originally Posted by p4pking
    Quote Originally Posted by Britkid
    Quote Originally Posted by p4pking
    Yea to say Wlad or Brewster would beat Tyson is really laughable and nothing else.. Come on. Vitali would have a shot.
    You are not reading what I said; Wlad has all the tools to not just beat him, but to easily beat him. Brewster I said was a 3 in 10 shot.

Tyson never, ever beat someone who stood up to him.
    And I suppose from his losses to ROSS PURRITY, LAMON BREWSTER, and CORRIE SANDERS, you couldn't deduct the same thing about Wlad? Come on... And not to mention the fact that Tyson was simply faster and Wlad could not take his power for one second. As for Brewster, really.. That's just hilarious, Lamon would be cannon fodder for a prime Tyson.. But he wasn't for Wlad. Wonder why..
    Styles make fights, Tyson always struggled (and that included in his prime), against big tall athletic fighters. And Wlad has all the tools to beat Tyson, even more so than his brother. Wlad would beat Tyson in his prime, more than he would lose to Tyson.

Brewster is a serious puncher, who would land a bomb and beat Tyson in 30% of bouts, if had met whilst both were in their prime.

Tyson lacks certain mental tools to be this great 'god like figure' some people perceive him to be IMO.
    What? Tyson would destroy Wlad Klitschko and Brewster in his prime and that's not perceiving Tyson as a 'God like figure' that is just an honest observation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm sure Britkid would agree.

After Tyson beat Spinks the only direction for him to go was "down" I mean what other goals were there to accomplish at Heavyweight?

I also want to make reference to you saying he struggled with anyone who stood up to him.

Well britkid, are you saying that Frank Bruno just backed away from him

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    Tommy Morrison, Frank Bruno, Razor Rudduck, Ray Mercer, and Gerry Cooney would be title holders if they were in their prime right now
    You know that my friend I think a prime Morrison would slaughter these fringe contenders
    Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Starr

Well britkid, are you saying that Frank Bruno just backed away from him
    Did you see how many times Bomber crossed himself? He was petrified!!! He fought bravely in the first fight, but the second was a horrendous. A perfectly winnable fight, but we saw a 15 year vet, who had been world class for 10 years, bottle it against a man 6 inches and 20+lbs lighter, and who was 8 years past his best...

As George Foreman alluded to on the night, the man was a disgrace.

Thread Information