Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Do you agree with the death penalty?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The death penalty! for it or against it???

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The death penalty! for it or against it???

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Voted against the death penalty because you can always get the wrong person and actually spending the rest of you life behind bars is worse than death. Its also cheaper as appeals cost and lawyers love those appeals.
    I think in certain cases the convicted should be fast tracked to the death penalty...let's say #1 If they ask for it and are of sound mind

Why give the offender what he wants, let him suffer for the rest of their life.

#2 If there are a number of reliable witnesses at least more than one but the more that saw 1 thing and agree on it the better #3 If they to some extent or another admit to the crime while of sound mind and not being threatened in any manner #4 If the defendant has a history of violent crime and is found guilty of murder.

Miscarrages of justice can always happen and it is better they are alive than dead when you say oops.

What about the victim's family? What about their lives? Giving someone life (especially if they have the possibility of parole) isn't very reassuring and doesn't give the family much closure.
    Life should mean life, in the US they get over 100 years, they will never be free.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

El Kabong Guest

Then why do people get multiple life terms?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am for it...Anyone who brutally rapes someone, Molest a child, murders in cold blood should be put to the death...

Why should they be allowed to live in Prision, 3 meals a day, TV, Laundry....And get to sit in the enviorment they thrive on while the tax money of their victims pay for it?.......

Do we want someone who molest a child allowed to be free?....They in reality took that childs life by destroying their happiness and ability to trust, Do we want someone who beats and Rapes a woman walking the street?,,,They like the child molester deprived that person of their abil;ity to live a functional life (At least for a long time to come), A murderer who shoots a man in cold blood for his wallet or a minor disagreement just robbed that persons family of them,,,,he took someones child, broke some mothers heart,,took someones husband or wife,,,he took some childs mother or father...and he should live?,,,,FUCK that Shit!!!!

I wish we had more punishing sentences..Castration, torture, I wish there was an eye for an eye punishment for these people....

I am a fairly religious man and understand what the bible states about to err is human to forgive is devine...Murder is not excusable for any reason etc...But you know what...

I am not God or Jesus...These men will stand in front of him and be judged...I will take my chances when that time comes as well..

In the meantime I know I can sleep better at night knowing that is one less person in the world I have to fear harming my family when I am not there, or anyone elses

Maybe if we had these punishments in place and implemented them more often thoise scumbags would be a bit more leery of commiting the crimes in the first place..,...

If they know the punishment before hand then they have noone but themselves to blame
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

El Kabong Guest

You my friend will like MY BOY Gov. Bobby Jindal who was told by the Supreme Court that child molesters couldn't be excecuted....after that verdict he said "OK" and turned around and passed a Bill changing the punishment from death to chemical castration (or in some cases PHYSICAL castration)!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6M9dBsUhyo

Bobby Jindal is the man!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You my friend will like MY BOY Gov. Bobby Jindal who was told by the Supreme Court that child molesters couldn't be excecuted....after that verdict he said "OK" and turned around and passed a Bill changing the punishment from death to chemical castration (or in some cases PHYSICAL castration)!

Bobby Jindal is the man!
    Hell yeah he's the man!!!!!
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    430 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bobby Jindal is the man!
    Jindal is taking huge steps against child molesters.I think he has expanded the housing restrictions for convict's in regards to School district zones.Seems like every week we receive flyer's in the mail,telling you full name,birth date,photo's,address,etc.etc. of convicted child abusers.The "vigilante" aspects can be huge.But Physical castration.....might as well offer them elective bullet treatment ?

Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    []

It's just wrong is all I'm saying.

It's no different to the Chinese drowning unwanted girls in the river just with modern technology we can kill them sooner.

If your going to judge something good or evil; judge the intent behind the action and you get to see which side of the fence they actually stand on and if they really are the enemy or not.

The difference (can be the difference between compassion and power); One way is stopping a soul from entering here for a period of our time prior to its actual arrival in the body, (not so bad and is easily recorrected from the other side).Reasons for termination are personal, can be greed ,can be compassion,its not for us to judge.

The other is ceasing a humanized souls existence, one who has already been through the birthing process which is massive, looking at it from both sides -spirit and material. That adds up to both theft and murder for reasons of stealing power and position away from another for the perper-traitors own power gain.

I can't convieniantly just bunch those two groups together.

I mean if a thief broke into your home and stole a valuable ring it would be theft, but if he stole it in the mail whilst it was being sent to you would it not be theft, as after all the ring was not delivered yet?

It's such a weak and selfish argument.

Ahhh , The ring! its mine! Its my presshous!

I think the weak and selfish arguments stem from the this is right and this wrong camp cause the real causes are instantly scanned over so that all the blame is laid onto others.

The unselfish and stronger question to ask here is why does the thief need to steal it ?

Maybe to feed themselves or their children cause we don't care enough for them?

Any thief for any reason is lacking something a lot bigger than just the ring.

We are actually all in this together ,until we all 'get it' (the bigger picture);some wont ever have it.

Last edited by Andre; 10-19-2008 at 12:42 AM.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Then why do people get multiple life terms?
    Hey Lyle just the other day I actually heard a judge say "In case there is such a thing as reincarnation I sentence you to 5 life sentences .
    cool as,I was impressed .

I can explain it.

El Kabong Guest

I'd rather him be shot....food is WASTED on the murderers! We could set up soup kitchens and feed the homeless but noooo we have to feed AND shelter people who break the law! Which in some cases is why people committ crimes...just to get a hot meal and a warm bed. I've seen it happen

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh and if you argue that it's the woman's choice, and I accept legally it is, then under the freedom of speech act I can exercise my own right to say that it's fucking evil and that they have done a shameful thing.

In a non judgemental way of course
    And I would fight for your right to say it. "Freedom of Speech"

Even if I think you are wrong.
    Hidden Content Boot Hill, Where the Real Fights Are Fought.

Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd rather him be shot....food is WASTED on the murderers! We could set up soup kitchens and feed the homeless but noooo we have to feed AND shelter people who break the law! Which in some cases is why people committ crimes...just to get a hot meal and a warm bed. I've seen it happen
    Make them grow and supply food for both themselves and the homeless while serving the time they can learn permaculture style farming and can give back for being allowed to live.

I can explain it.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Before gettin into your post, publicly, I am neither for or against abortions.

I disagree, it's up to a woman to do what she wants with her OWN body, but not the body inside her.

If an adult woman gets pregnant and decides she doesn't want the baby so gets it killed it's just fucking evil imo.

It may be legal, but I'd never get with a girl who values her own life and enjoyment above the life of an unborn child.
    At what point does sperm become a child? There are a lot of answers to this one question alone. And would take too long to place them all in this thread.

Again I'm not talking about the 7% of legitimate abortions I'm talking about all the others.
    So, to you there are some abortions that are ok and some that are not. And to you it boils down to a moral question on which one you think are ok. Does that sum up your stand?

You are right about statistics being manipulatable but come on man you know as well as I do that virtually all abortions are done simply because the woman doesn't want the child.

1.21 million abortions in the US alone in 2005, that's a hell of a lot of kids getting raped and impregnated don't you think?

It's also true that around 40% of all woman going for an abortion have had one previously.
    World wide there is a push to end smoking. Statistics say "Smoking Kills" more people per year than all other know illness's combined. But what they do not print is the question to the surveys. Did you know, that any death, where a cigarette can be found at the scene is considered smoking related if the person smoked? Does not matter if it was in a plane that crashed, a car that crashed or if the person was shot and killed. It all goes into the statistics on deaths related to smoking.

It's no different to the Chinese drowing unwanted girls in the river just with modern technology we can kill them sooner.
    Depends on when you consider sperm a living beathing person.

I mean if a thief broke into your home and stole a valuable ring it would be theft, but if he stole it in the mail whilst it was being sent to you would it not be theft, as after all the ring was not delivered yet?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Make them grow and supply food for both themselves and the homeless while serving the time they can learn permaculture style farming and can give back for being allowed to live.
    "Soylent Green"

Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Before gettin into your post, publicly, I am neither for or against abortions.

I disagree, it's up to a woman to do what she wants with her OWN body, but not the body inside her.

If an adult woman gets pregnant and decides she doesn't want the baby so gets it killed it's just fucking evil imo.

It may be legal, but I'd never get with a girl who values her own life and enjoyment above the life of an unborn child.
    At what point does sperm become a child? There are a lot of answers to this one question alone. And would take too long to place them all in this thread.

Again I'm not talking about the 7% of legitimate abortions I'm talking about all the others.
    So, to you there are some abortions that are ok and some that are not. And to you it boils down to a moral question on which one you think are ok. Does that sum up your stand?

World wide there is a push to end smoking. Statistics say "Smoking Kills" more people per year than all other know illness's combined. But what they do not print is the question to the surveys. Did you know, that any death, where a cigarette can be found at the scene is considered smoking related if the person smoked? Does not matter if it was in a plane that crashed, a car that crashed or if the person was shot and killed. It all goes into the statistics on deaths related to smoking.

It's no different to the Chinese drowing unwanted girls in the river just with modern technology we can kill them sooner.
    Depends on when you consider sperm a living beathing person.

Im sure, Im standing along side Ahh , with you on this Ghost .

Where are you

Although Im attempting to relay the real spiritual and bigger picture concerning the two different intents found behind this action: You are dealing with the intellectual side of the same issue, may I say from the correct feeling/spirit which stem from the light and the truth, unlike the churches usual spiritually immature and darkened stance.

I can explain it.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cool Re: The death penalty! for it or against it???

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Im sure, Im standing along side Ahh , with you on this Ghost .

Where are you

Although Im attempting to relay the real spiritual and bigger picture concerning the two different intents found behind this action: You are dealing with the intellectual side of the same issue, may I say from the correct feeling/spirit which stem from the light and the truth, unlike the churches usual spiritually immature and darkened stance.
    Know where you coming from Andre. Deep down below, the light always shines, even in/at the darkest points. Some are blinded by the darkness and fail to see the truth in the light. To those, I say Open yourself to the greater truth in the either world and let the light shine.

Eggs and bacon for brerakfast always hit the spot.

Thread Information