Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Question for British Boxing fans.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Question for British Boxing fans.

I hate to bring this up again but, who in the hell want's to see Hatton fight? The man just got his ass handed to him again. I can't believe Froch and Calzaghe would not be as big as Hatton vs Witter. Is this some kind of joke? I don't even know who Witter is and I follow boxing.
    Last edited by mrbig1; 06-16-2009 at 05:27 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mofo2 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JazMerkin View Post

I don't think the argument is about whether its the fight boxing fans want, but the difference is Junior Witter isn't a recognizable name to your average member of the public, who don't have a clue who's ranked #1 & #2, whilst Khan is probably the biggest active name apart from Hatton & maybe Haye. That's why Khan is a bigger sell, because he has a fanbase beyond boxing fans. Witter would definitely be the biggest fight after Khan, although nowhere near as profitable, and is bigger than anything else domestic.
    Ive never debated that a khan fight would not make Big Money...But most Hatton fans I know and that includes myself...would rather see him fight Junior than Amir!

The point I was making was that Junior has been his biggest domestic rival and has actively pursued a fight with Ricky for years...This fight most definitely would be a preference for the majority of Hatton fans and to even suggest as someone has...that no-one even knows who Junior is
    Hatton should of grown some balls and fought Witter years ago, but is was the biggest bit of ducking i have seen.

Plain and simple Hatton didnt fancy it.
    He'll fight two of the best fighters of the last 20 years no problem,but needs to grow some balls as he ducked the Average Junior

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mrbig1 View Post
    I hate to bring this up again but, who in the hell want's to see Hatton fight? The man just got his ass handed to him again. I can't believe Froch and Calzaghe would not be as big as Hatton vs Witter. Is this some kind of joke? I don't even know who Witter is and I follow boxing.
    Junior was only a World Champion ranked behind Ricky in the Division before his defeat to Bradley...So there is no surprise you don't know him

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You dont follow boxing that closely if you don't even know Witter.
    Last edited by Kel; 06-16-2009 at 08:05 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kel View Post
    You don't follow boxing that closely if you don't even know Witter.

Exactly Kel...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Froch vs Calzaghe would have been a cracker for sure.There's bad blood between them both and their'd go hammer and tongs and give us a really good solid account of themselves after all their bot undefeated and both in their prime,plus their both have great great chins so the fight would have been soo exciting.

If only their got it on with one another

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by yvonne View Post
    Froch vs Calzaghe would have been a cracker for sure.There's bad blood between them both and their'd go hammer and tongs and give us a really good solid account of themselves after all their bot undefeated and both in their prime,plus their both have great great chins so the fight would have been soo exciting.

Carl Froch would not win a single round against the Joe Calzaghe of today, let alone against a prime Calzaghe. It would be the Lacy fight all over again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post

Carl Froch would not win a single round against the Joe Calzaghe of today, let alone against a prime Calzaghe. It would be the Lacy fight all over again.
    Joe would undoubtedly have won this fight if it were to have happened,but Froch is underrated in my opinion!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joe would undoubtedly have won this fight if it were to have happened,but Froch is underrated in my opinion!
    Well, you're certainly entitled to your opinion, but I think Froch gets beat by Bute, Green, Kessler, and possibly Andrade. He's a somewhat exciting, limited fighter, and I while was cheering for him against Taylor I just don't think he's all that good.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I keep up with British boxing via youtube. I see Froch all over British T.V. talking about how Calzaghe is running from him. Joe has been talking smack himself about Froch. Yet nobody care? Maybe I don't know who Witter is but I can't believe people would want to see a over hyped Ricky Hatton.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well, you're certainly entitled to your opinion, but I think Froch gets beat by Bute, Green, Kessler, and possibly Andrade. He's a somewhat exciting, limited fighter, and I while was cheering for him against Taylor I just don't think he's all that good.
    I think he can do well in the division and he certainly gives all of them a tough fight...We will have to wait and see how he does in his next fight and then a clearer picture of his abilities will be on show!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I keep up with British boxing via youtube. I see Froch all over British T.V. talking about how Calzaghe is running from him. Joe has been talking smack himself about Froch. Yet nobody care? Maybe I don't know who Witter is but I can't believe people would want to see a over hyped Ricky Hatton.
    Nobody really cares about Froch talking shit about Joe because he is'nt in the same League as him,so he is'nt taken too seriously!! Having said that he is a very Good fighter!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hatton was'nt Hyped especially in his prime and when he was undefeated.Hatton has had a great career until he got beaten by two of the best boxers at present times.Hatton was great,i understand that his career is more or less over after his horrible display last time out with Manny.Hatton has spiced up the Light-welter and welterweight division world wide over the last few years,he's always fought with his heart on his slieve and was game on fighting anyone at any time any where.We'll all miss Hatton when he has gone,i believe he should just walk away from the sport now and enjoy his fame and furtune that he trully deserves!

Hatton was raw in his prime but the hard wars and life style has caught up on him,but hey thats Hatton

Love you Hitman

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hatton was'nt Hyped especially in his prime and when he was undefeated.Hatton has had a great career until he got beaten by two of the best boxers at present times.Hatton was great,i understand that his career is more or less over after his horrible display last time out with Manny.Hatton has spiced up the Light-welter and welterweight division world wide over the last few years,he's always fought with his heart on his slieve and was game on fighting anyone at any time any where.We'll all miss Hatton when he has gone,i believe he should just walk away from the sport now and enjoy his fame and furtune that he trully deserves!

Hatton was raw in his prime but the hard wars and life style has caught up on him,but hey thats Hatton

Love you Hitman
    I never said he didn't fight hard, he did. They are better British fighters who don't get the press Hatton does. They what I was trying to say. Calzaghe vs Froch would be a more important fight Than Hatton vs Witter. Yet not as big has to saying something about the Hatton hype machine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thats almost as ridiculous as if you had said you follow british boxing via boxrec.
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Thread Information