Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: When has Wlad taken a flush shot and survived? (Post video clips)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: When has Wlad taken a flush shot and survived? (Post video clips)

A few issues with your response:

1. I think it's a tad nitpicky to tell a guy who has 50 KO's in 59 wins that he should have an even better KO percentage. It's kinda like making a girl cum twice and then having her say you should have went longer. Especially when you have guys like Ray Mercer on your stoppage list (first guy ever to drop Mercer with a head shot, first guy to stop Mercer). Wlad's opposition hasn't been bad.

2. Wlad must be looking for and finding openings. You don't stop 50 of 59 guys by not looking for openings.

3. I think you're a) being too hard on ol' Dr. Steelhammer and b) to forgiving to those you mentioned. They had great offensive moments, but also played it safe much more than Wlad.

Wlad isn't an exciting guy to watch usually. But he's perfected his style and fights the way he should to win fights and minimize damage. It's not going to draw people to the arenas like Tyson did, but in the end the game is about hitting and not getting hit. The greats all did it well and so does Wlad.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

PRIME Ali, sticking and moving, holding... obviously Ali moves with a hell of a lot more footspeed and grace than Wlad, but tell me how it's any more "offensive minded" than what Wlad does? (this goes to anybody because Ali ALWAYS gets brought up in these Wlad discussions). Look at all the counter opportunities that go by. Look at him jumping away from punches and not responding. Yet he's the greatest and Wlad is a bum
    Tell me Muhammad is making more of an effort for the KO than Wlad.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have to agree with you bean because its not like Wlad does not finish fights he just takes his time. Which is not bad if you are getting the win while taking no damage and knocking the guy out.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hey, what more can you ask for?

And you can't blame a guy for being cautious. This isn't a sport that's kind to losers. It's been proven over and over again that you can spend YEARS being a great in the sport, but the second you lose you're an over-rated bum.

Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post

1. I think it's a tad nitpicky to tell a guy who has 50 KO's in 59 wins that he should have an even better KO percentage. It's kinda like making a girl cum twice and then having her say you should have went longer. Especially when you have guys like Ray Mercer on your stoppage list (first guy ever to drop Mercer with a head shot, first guy to stop Mercer). Wlad's opposition hasn't been bad.

2. Wlad must be looking for and finding openings. You don't stop 50 of 59 guys by not looking for openings.

3. I think you're a) being too hard on ol' Dr. Steelhammer and b) to forgiving to those you mentioned. They had great offensive moments, but also played it safe much more than Wlad.

Wlad isn't an exciting guy to watch usually. But he's perfected his style and fights the way he should to win fights and minimize damage. It's not going to draw people to the arenas like Tyson did, but in the end the game is about hitting and not getting hit. The greats all did it well and so does Wlad.

I like your example on # 1 .

But if I may add my own twist to it and draw a parallel with Wlad's opponents...
    You made the girl cum twice, but she's a nymphomaniac who will climax at a stiff breeze up her skirt. One might say you should've provoked at least a dozen orgasms.

Maybe I'm being tough on Wlad. But boxing like any other sport depends on fans. And while there's plenty of fans who will appreciate a methodical (albeit very jittery) defense, and will also emphasize purely on the numbers.... there's also plenty of fans who watch boxing to see fighters engage with the intent on doing bodily harm. It's not that you have to walk in face first. But the great ones incorporate a lot more offense than Wlad seems to do. Remember... the quality and mindset of Wlad's opponents must be taken into consideration in these discussions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hey, what more can you ask for?

And you can't blame a guy for being cautious. This isn't a sport that's kind to losers. It's been proven over and over again that you can spend YEARS being a great in the sport, but the second you lose you're an over-rated bum.
    Then why should I watch him?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

But if I may add my own twist to it and draw a parallel with Wlad's opponents...
    You made the girl cum twice, but she's a nymphomaniac who will climax at a stiff breeze up her skirt. One might say you should've provoked at least a dozen orgasms.

Maybe I'm being tough on Wlad. But boxing like any other sport depends on fans. And while there's plenty of fans who will appreciate a methodical (albeit very jittery) defense, and will also emphasize purely on the numbers.... there's also plenty of fans who watch boxing to see fighters engage with the intent on doing bodily harm. It's not that you have to walk in face first. But the great ones incorporate a lot more offense than Wlad seems to do. Remember... the quality and mindset of Wlad's opponents must be taken into consideration in these discussions.
    You're not being tough on Wlad. You're just hating on him. One look at his record shows Wlad has failed to stop only 5 of the fighters he beat. Botowamungu, Haye, Williamson, Ibragimov and Wach. Botowamungu was purposely DQ by his own corner. Williamson headbutted him on purpose. Haye and Ibragimov fought like cowards. And Wach just wouldn't go down. Either way failing to stop only 5 of opponents faced is damn good. What more muthafukkas want?

Mentioned
    430 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He'll continue not to take them if that mentioned match with a 40 yr old Fres Oquendo happens

At this rate it smells like he is just running up the numbers

And Bean Holyfield dropped Mercer off a left hook, 7 yrs before Wlad fought his shadow. And I like Wlad, I do.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Brockton Block Buster blows them all away within 13 rounds.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    Brockton Block Buster blows them all away within 13 rounds.
    He wouldn't even beat Jameel McCline

Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post

You're not being tough on Wlad. You're just hating on him. One look at his record shows Wlad has failed to stop only 5 of the fighters he beat. Botowamungu, Haye, Williamson, Ibragimov and Wach. Botowamungu was purposely DQ by his own corner. Williamson headbutted him on purpose. Haye and Ibragimov fought like cowards. And Wach just wouldn't go down. Either way failing to stop only 5 of opponents faced is damn good. What more muthafukkas want?

It takes two to tango.
    Last edited by TitoFan; 02-06-2013 at 01:44 AM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It takes two to tango.
    When your opponent is quick to drop to his knees every time he's in trouble it's hard to score a knock out. Any heavyweight would have a hard time getting a stoppage in that situation

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Like i said earlier if the opinion is that when Wlad is hit cleanly on the chin he gets knocked out , then he has lost only 3 fights , so he is the best defensive fighter in boxing history. The stats say that hit 3 times flush in 59 fights , those are the haters stats im using.
    and all these who say well why should I watch him he is boring , im sure Wlad is gutted you dont want to watch him lol.

Yes he had a dodgy chin , yes he can be boring , but he has power and he is always in shape , so like him or loathe him he is what he is.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It takes two to tango.
    When your opponent is quick to drop to his knees every time he's in trouble it's hard to score a knock out. Any heavyweight would have a hard time getting a stoppage in that situation

Obviously you're not referring to the Ibragimov fight.
    Ibragimov's reluctance to engage Wlad was only matched by Wlad's fear of getting tagged by the supposedly lethal left hand.
    When someone says "paw-fest", I immediately think of the Wlad-Ibragimov fight.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Watch from 2:35, Wlad gets tagged because he tries to paw Wachs hands away and Wach just comes through the middle.

Wlad Struggles, but survives. Wach is a decent puncher being 7(7)-0-0 in his last 7 fights before this, so not a bad feat.
    Last edited by Vendettos; 02-07-2013 at 01:41 PM.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Thread Information