1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Best film ever?

Quote Originally Posted by Oggie
    Quote Originally Posted by The Game
    Oggie,bro,thanks big time!! CC in 24! Owe you! Yeah,I have seen Ichi the Killer,I just won the animated version too from Ebay for £3!!!Bargain! I don't like the sado masochictic stuff but the violence and the whole premise is unique! Did you write those opinion or was a copy and paste job??
    Haha, it was a combo of copying and pasting and adding my own opinions.
    But yeah, I loved Ichi The Killer (even though I don't like that sado/maso stuff either). Sometimes I feel guilty about liking it, haha. Did you see the uncut version? I always try to make sure that people see that one, because the cut one makes the story more confusing. Well done on winning the animated version from Ebay by the way. Looks awesome!
    Hahaha,I always felt guilty so I made all my friends like it too,feel much better now!Uncut version,what's the difference??You seen the animated one?

Yeah,I agree,Rocky film was great.Add Terminator 2 to the list,I loved the liquid cop!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oggie,bro,thanks big time!! CC in 24! Owe you! Yeah,I have seen Ichi the Killer,I just won the animated version too from Ebay for £3!!!Bargain! I don't like the sado masochictic stuff but the violence and the whole premise is unique! Did you write those opinion or was a copy and paste job??
    Haha, it was a combo of copying and pasting and adding my own opinions.
    But yeah, I loved Ichi The Killer (even though I don't like that sado/maso stuff either). Sometimes I feel guilty about liking it, haha. Did you see the uncut version? I always try to make sure that people see that one, because the cut one makes the story more confusing. Well done on winning the animated version from Ebay by the way. Looks awesome!
    Hahaha,I always felt guilty so I made all my friends like it too,feel much better now!Uncut version,what's the difference??You seen the animated one?
    The cut version of Ichi is 120 minutes compared to 129 uncut... you're probably saying to yourself that I am just a sick freak who is violence mad, but it is not that at all, hehe. Violence is a part of the characters in the movie and Miike deliberatley pushed the violence to the extreme to express their psychotic nature in full. Without the missing scenes, the movie doesn't hit home as much... like, Kakihara is played out to be a pain loving psycho, who loves receiving pain as much as dishing it out. The violence is what makes his character. It would be like Rocky not being a boxer in the movie, you're just left kind of scratching your head.
    If you saw the horrific nipple slicing scene, then you saw the uncut version, haha. I think they cut that out of the edited version...
    Never saw the animation, but it looks real good. Have you received your copy yet?
    By the way, I added a couple more movies to the list in my earlier post.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wow,man thanks for that list.CC from yesterday coming up!! Awesome,very interesting list,you like practically the same type of films as me,I love action but I love the thought provoking or emotional films too! You know,like a change of pace! I bet everyone else on this thread reads those descriptions and thinks?? Watch these films people,they are great!! Oggie,have you seen a yakuza film called dead or alive? Any other good Yakuza films? Thanks again bro!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

battle royale always made me laugh in a sicktwisted way

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LBSCFC
    battle royale always made me laugh in a sicktwisted way
    excellent flick!

utterly demented!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

can't believe noone is mentioning fear and loathing, certainly at one point or another you've all gotten trashed and watched it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wow,man thanks for that list.CC from yesterday coming up!! Awesome,very interesting list,you like practically the same type of films as me,I love action but I love the thought provoking or emotional films too! You know,like a change of pace! I bet everyone else on this thread reads those descriptions and thinks?? Watch these films people,they are great!! Oggie,have you seen a yakuza film called dead or alive? Any other good Yakuza films? Thanks again bro!!
    Dead or Alive is awesome!
    The part were the mother and daughter get into the car... (don't want to spoil it for anyone) you know which scene I mean, that totally stunned me, haha.
    As for other Yakuza films... you should check out "Street Mobster" and "Graveyard of Honour" by Kinji Fukasaku (Battle Royale) first of all... but if you want the definitive Yakuza experience, you have to see "Yakuza Papers" also by Kinji Fukasaku. It is breathtaking!
    It is divided into 5 chapters. Originally, each chapter is a seperate movie but now you can buy the limited edition box set (Region 1 only) which comes with some amazing extras, like essays about the Yakuza, documentaries, articles etc... I'm ordering it pretty soon. My cousin already got his and I loved it immediately, hehe.

Here is a bit about it:
    In the wake of The Bomb, ex-soldier Shozo Hirono (Bunta Sugawara) joins a Hiroshima yakuza gang—the Japanese equivalent of the Mafia—and then the shootings, slashings, betrayals, and scheming begin.
    Premiering a year after The Godfather, The Yakuza Papers also broke box-office records and spawned sequels, but, in contrast, took a ruthlessly de-romanticized view of the underworld. Based on an actual gang boss' memoirs, The Yakuza Papers plunges the audience into a gritty, brutal, violent newsreel of a three-decade struggle for power of Shakespearean complexity, a nihilistic epic unlike any other...

Chapter 1: "Battles Without Honor and Humanity";
    In the teeming black markets of postwar Japan, Shozo Hirono (Bunta Sugawara) and his buddies find themselves in a new war between fractious and ambitious yakuza. After joining boss Yamamori, Shozo is drawn into a feud with his sworn brother's family, the Dois. But that's where the chivalry of traditional yakuza film ends and the hypocrisy, betrayal, and assassinations begin. A rare and critical perspective on the history of Japan after World War II, Battles Without Honor & Humanity is a tour-de-force that revolutionized the yakuza genre and launched Kinji Fukasaku and Bunta Sugawara to international stardom.

Chapter 2: "Deadly Fight in Hiroshima";
    Repeatedly beat to a pulp by gamblers, cops, and gangsters, lone wolf Shoji Yamanaka (Kinya Kitaoji), finally finds a home as a Muraoka family hit man and falls in love with boss Muraoka's niece. Meanwhile, the ambitions of mad dog Katsutoshi Otomo (Sonny Chiba, Kill Bill) draws our series' hero, Shozo Hirono (Bunta Sugawara), into a new round of bloodshed, culminating with the tragic demise of the young Yamanka.

Chapter 3: "Proxy War";
    The successor to Hiroshima's most powerful yakuza family, the Muraokas, is whacked in broad daylight on a busy city street. What unfolds is a yakuza succession crisis, as the weaseley Uchimoto (Takeshi Kato) dithers and the slimy, backstabbing boss Yamamori steps in as the Muraoka's new boss. Bunta Sugawara's would-be independent yakuza, Shozo Hirono, is caught in the middle, having to play powerbroker. But the opposing factions seek support from powerful families in Kobe, making all out war inevitable.

Chapter 4: "Police Tactics";
    As Japan gears up for the 1964 Olympic games, the cops start to crack down under pressure from the public and the press, adding a new dimension in the war for power among the yakuza families of Hiroshima. Akira Kobayashi's Takeda tries to keep a lid on things, but hotheaded underlings create chaos, with one boss whacked in neutral territory, and the craven boss, Uchimoto, informing on an assassination attempt by his own minions. While the police round up hundreds of yakuza foot soldiers, Bunta Sugawara's Shozo Hirono plots to finally take out longtime nemesis, boss Yamamori.

Chapter 5: "Final Episode";
    In the wake of a big police crackdown, Akira Kobayashi's icily sun-glassed Takeda attempts to transform the Hiroshima yakuza families into a legitimate political organization: The Tensei Coalition. When the young Matsumura ascends to the chairmanship of the coalition, the older, hardened yakuza led by Jo Shishido (Branded to Kill) seize one last opportunity to stir up chaos and bloodshed. Culminating with the arrests, deaths, or retirement of the first postwar yakuza generation, this milestone series draws to an ambivalent close.

El Kabong Guest

The best movie hands down is Point Break!

It has EVERYTHING, Keanu, surfing, bank robbers, SURFING BANK ROBBERS, guns, drugs, Gary Busey, and even the great John C. McGinley

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    The best movie hands down is Point Break!

It has EVERYTHING, Keanu, surfing, bank robbers, SURFING BANK ROBBERS, guns, drugs, Gary Busey, and even the great John C. McGinley

It was ok I guess....was great at the time but don't think it stood the test of time well! You guys liked Battle Ryale 2? I did not think it was as good as the second one for some reason,something was missing!

Dead or Alive is awesome!
    The part were the mother and daughter get into the car... (don't want to spoil it for anyone) you know which scene I mean, that totally stunned me, haha.
    As for other Yakuza films... you should check out "Street Mobster" and "Graveyard of Honour" by Kinji Fukasaku (Battle Royale) first of all... but if you want the definitive Yakuza experience, you have to see "Yakuza Papers" also by Kinji Fukasaku. It is breathtaking!
    It is divided into 5 chapters. Originally, each chapter is a seperate movie but now you can buy the limited edition box set (Region 1 only) which comes with some amazing extras, like essays about the Yakuza, documentaries, articles etc... I'm ordering it pretty soon. My cousin already got his and I loved it immediately, hehe.

Here is a bit about it:
    In the wake of The Bomb, ex-soldier Shozo Hirono (Bunta Sugawara) joins a Hiroshima yakuza gang—the Japanese equivalent of the Mafia—and then the shootings, slashings, betrayals, and scheming begin.
    Premiering a year after The Godfather, The Yakuza Papers also broke box-office records and spawned sequels, but, in contrast, took a ruthlessly de-romanticized view of the underworld. Based on an actual gang boss' memoirs, The Yakuza Papers plunges the audience into a gritty, brutal, violent newsreel of a three-decade struggle for power of Shakespearean complexity, a nihilistic epic unlike any other...

Chapter 1: "Battles Without Honor and Humanity";
    In the teeming black markets of postwar Japan, Shozo Hirono (Bunta Sugawara) and his buddies find themselves in a new war between fractious and ambitious yakuza. After joining boss Yamamori, Shozo is drawn into a feud with his sworn brother's family, the Dois. But that's where the chivalry of traditional yakuza film ends and the hypocrisy, betrayal, and assassinations begin. A rare and critical perspective on the history of Japan after World War II, Battles Without Honor & Humanity is a tour-de-force that revolutionized the yakuza genre and launched Kinji Fukasaku and Bunta Sugawara to international stardom.

Chapter 2: "Deadly Fight in Hiroshima";
    Repeatedly beat to a pulp by gamblers, cops, and gangsters, lone wolf Shoji Yamanaka (Kinya Kitaoji), finally finds a home as a Muraoka family hit man and falls in love with boss Muraoka's niece. Meanwhile, the ambitions of mad dog Katsutoshi Otomo (Sonny Chiba, Kill Bill) draws our series' hero, Shozo Hirono (Bunta Sugawara), into a new round of bloodshed, culminating with the tragic demise of the young Yamanka.

Chapter 3: "Proxy War";
    The successor to Hiroshima's most powerful yakuza family, the Muraokas, is whacked in broad daylight on a busy city street. What unfolds is a yakuza succession crisis, as the weaseley Uchimoto (Takeshi Kato) dithers and the slimy, backstabbing boss Yamamori steps in as the Muraoka's new boss. Bunta Sugawara's would-be independent yakuza, Shozo Hirono, is caught in the middle, having to play powerbroker. But the opposing factions seek support from powerful families in Kobe, making all out war inevitable.

Chapter 4: "Police Tactics";
    As Japan gears up for the 1964 Olympic games, the cops start to crack down under pressure from the public and the press, adding a new dimension in the war for power among the yakuza families of Hiroshima. Akira Kobayashi's Takeda tries to keep a lid on things, but hotheaded underlings create chaos, with one boss whacked in neutral territory, and the craven boss, Uchimoto, informing on an assassination attempt by his own minions. While the police round up hundreds of yakuza foot soldiers, Bunta Sugawara's Shozo Hirono plots to finally take out longtime nemesis, boss Yamamori.

Chapter 5: "Final Episode";
    In the wake of a big police crackdown, Akira Kobayashi's icily sun-glassed Takeda attempts to transform the Hiroshima yakuza families into a legitimate political organization: The Tensei Coalition. When the young Matsumura ascends to the chairmanship of the coalition, the older, hardened yakuza led by Jo Shishido (Branded to Kill) seize one last opportunity to stir up chaos and bloodshed. Culminating with the arrests, deaths, or retirement of the first postwar yakuza generation, this milestone series draws to an ambivalent close.
    That sound wicked man,I'm trying to find it on ebay now then,when I get my external hard drive to work,I'll be downloading big timE!!! hOW DID you get into these films mate? You know alot about them!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ferris buellers day off. still a great comedy

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeh - love it!!
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

top flick!

has any one seen an early steve martin comedy called all of me.....half his body is controlled by this womans spirit....insane, but very funny....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Basic Instinct....and not for the plot
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Snakey
    Basic Instinct....and not for the plot
    naughty, naughty!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That sound wicked man,I'm trying to find it on ebay now then,when I get my external hard drive to work,I'll be downloading big timE!!! hOW DID you get into these films mate? You know alot about them!!
    My Japanese friend got me into them a few years ago, ever since I have been hooked! She had a movie called "Bounce Ko Gals" about three Japanese schoolgirls who worked as call girls in the evenings and I remember how I had never seen anything like it before. So sad and realistic, it just blew my mind! From then on, I became a huge fan of Japanese and then the rest of Asian cinema.
    Trust me man, if you like Yakuza films "Yakuza Papers" will really impress you. It is so gritty and realisitc, not to mention very violent. Great movie from a great director!
    Have you ever seen the anime "Grave of the Fireflies"?

Thread Information