Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Bellew v Haye 2 - 5/5/18 - O2 London

I wouldn't be surprised now if Haye is fooling us all and comes in top shape and blows him away.

Surprising given I been saying his body will break down again for month

oh I don't know ffs
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hate it when the yanks go on about the brits and our 'domestic fights' but they are right, my old man is bang up for this, he can't wait for it, Canelo v GGG, nah he wasn't interested Haye v Bellew, he's on it like a tramp on chips.

My old man ain't stupid when it comes to boxing either...or he never used to be, he used to know everyone and who they had fought, these days he gets excited by what sky tells him to get excited by.

I don't think it's a bad thing, it's actually really good that boxing can drum up interest on a domestic level.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    The obvious failing of his body aside, Haye looked like dogshite in the first fight. No timing, no power, a complete lack of or abandonment of boxing fundamentals. Even when his leg fell off his only retort was to back away, cover up a bit and swing the occasional arm punch.

He knows how Bellew will play it, he'll be playing the waiting game giving Haye every opportunity to do the work for him and fall apart. Haye is either going to have to be equally as patient, or he's going to have to dig a proper laser guided right hand out of the vault.

If Haye's body holds up and he wins this fight with ease then I suggest we all go vegan immediately.

This is exactly why i'm thinking this could well be a very cagey fight or at least cagey first half of the fight, the only way i see Haye winning is to sit back and counter like he did against Enzo Maccarinelli.

Problem is that's Bellews game so i can see them both just circling each other for ages until things heat up.

I also don't think Haye can throw that right hand Hayemaker effectively in a straight line anymore due to his shoulder injury which is why he was missing Bellew by miles with those huge looping/lunging right hooks.

Somewhere down the line this will catch fire as Haye could well be in desperation mode and need a KO later on to save his career.

One thing this fight should guarantee is drama at some stage but i think we'll see a cagey opening unlike last time where it was a shoot out from the off.
    Agree with this. Haye can't throw straight and it will be a cagey fight early on

i reckon Haye will win and I've always thought since the 1st fight that without the injury he's good enough to beat Bellew. I stick by that but I got a feeling that it's gonna be another long fight damaging to his reputation and ego. He will probably win the decision in a close fight but I expect he may still choose to retire after a less than convincing performance

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I try not to put too much into public workouts but fuck me Haye looked terrible. His mechanics looked awful. He looked like a bloke who used to box 20 years ago and has just stuck a pair of gloves on for the first time.
    I watched one of those side by side training videos, the guy never knows what he is talking about but I like to watch how different people train. I was shocked at Haye on the heavy bag. He looked like a first timer with crazy wide punches that had no leverage(like the first fight)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    I try not to put too much into public workouts but fuck me Haye looked terrible. His mechanics looked awful. He looked like a bloke who used to box 20 years ago and has just stuck a pair of gloves on for the first time.
    I watched one of those side by side training videos, the guy never knows what he is talking about but I like to watch how different people train. I was shocked at Haye on the heavy bag. He looked like a first timer with crazy wide punches that had no leverage(like the first fight)
    Yeah Haye looks more in training and he's looked poor in his last few fights. In fact if you look through his entire career, his best wins are a highlight reel of messy finishes with cuffing scrappy punches.

tony Bellew looked better at the final workout. His technique was far superior. He was punching correctly and was well balanced.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Weigh In Live

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haye looked much cooler at the weigh in. Bellend looks frustrated that his bullsh it isn’t working and David ain’t biting

anyone know what they were sayin at the stare down at the end ?

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

TONY BELLEW 210.4 DAVID HAYE 220.2

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Matthew Macklin comment on BBC:

think he will be better mentally this time but I just think he's shot. He's injured and his timing is way out. The only way you get that back is with a lot of sparring and I highly doubt he has done a lot of sparring. Even at the media workout he looks like his legs have gone."

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by sanatogen View Post

think he will be better mentally this time but I just think he's shot. He's injured and his timing is way out. The only way you get that back is with a lot of sparring and I highly doubt he has done a lot of sparring. Even at the media workout he looks like his legs have gone."
    I think he’s bang on.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sanatogen View Post

I think he’s bang on.

Paulie Malignaggi said last night that he was with Haye last time out in Miami and he hardly trained at all for the first fight.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think unless HST e is truely broken down that he's going to have a fairly easy time with tbellew... I also think he looked bad before his leg gave up but I was also very surprised bellew couldn't take advantage of Hayes weird and wild punching until haye could barely move... I'm going with haye by KO...

Maybe I will posting in the fights you got wrong thread on Saturday :S

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've gone Bellew on points, it's the lesser of two evils, I despise them both but if Haye wins he will be screaming for AJ and will probably get him, Bellew will just drop down and fight for the cruiserweight world title as he's champion emeritus.

Bellew wins he will still drop back to cruiser but Haye will have no option to retire, at least we won't have to hear from one of them again that way...although it probably means Haye will be on Sky every fucking week

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haye by KO for me. I just think he will be more measured and will clock Bellew who is tubby looking and no HW. He isn't James Toney.

Thread Information