Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Joe Joyce v Zhilei Zhang 2

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    why is Zhang 40 and we are just hearing about him ? he is way better than Chisora, Whyte, Doubois, i would give him a good change against Fury or Usyk.
    he looked terrible only a few fights back against jerry forrest, although he allegedly had health issues & has looked better since. i agree he is better than derek, dillian & daniel & i would like to see him get a shot at a belt. i would like to see a rematch with filip hrgovic as well
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

#JuggerNotAnymore

Gawt-DAYUM. Zhang is fucking legit.

Now that Emperor Zang has dealt with the juggernaut ... he should send him to the animal market In China.. and let the cats and dogs have a nice feast.

Imagine how deadly he’d be if he could use his kung fu ?

The two best Chinese fighters in the world have the surname "Zhang", this is just a coincidence?

Weili Zhang UFC champion and Zhilei Zhang WBO interim champion

The Chinese really stand behind their own. Zou Shiming is perhaps the best modern example of it. As a double Olympic champion he was already well known, however. His pro debut did 300 million viewers in China alone. I think Zhang could absolutely be a big draw considering there are around 1.5 billion people there. If only 1% of them tuned in or bought his PPV then that's a 15 million domestic viewership/PPV buy rate.

Zhang is still an outlier. So I don't see the Chinese suddenly being be the new Samoans for bulk or Nordics for height but I think we'll see more and more larger athletes coming from there, if they can develop a sporting culture to harness it.

As for Joyce. Look man. His chin looked almost indestructible and when your style is to plod forward and batter people while they break their fists on that giant head of yours, and your chin holds up, you look pretty damn intimidating. But he has hit a wall.

He’s taken more flush shots throughout his career than any man has a right to. Pressure fighters are too often thought of untrained brutes blessed with a great engine. One quickly can see that to succeed as a pressure fighter takes a lot of intelligence, the ability to find a way to move your opponent backwards, and nullify their power. It is not such an easy road to success if one does not have a good command of boxing technical skills. He needed to dump the Philly Shell stance, he obviously doesn't have the reflexes to pull it off.

I used a streaming service and Tim Bradley's commentary was once again horrible. he was acting like Joyce turned into Mayweather, when nothing was happening. Frank Warren is hilarious. He said Joyce was "winning the fight" until he got caught

As for Zhang. I don't particularly like his style, but he's big, quick, and packs some serious power. his cardio is probably the only thing holding him back at this point. What this fight has also shown is the perils of staying in the amateur system for too long and that's been the case for Zhang and Joyce.

In Joyce's case he's too old to learn defence (because he has basically none) at this point, let alone integrate it alongside offense, which plenty of one dimensional fighters struggle with. So if I was close to him I'd advise him to retire. I don't see anything else for him but it's looking like he won't.

In Zhang's case he won't be able to have a 7 or 8 year run at making serious money coz of his age than he would have had he turned pro in his early 20's like AJ. Zhang should also be undefeated as Filip Hrgović was VERY LUCKY the fight was not stopped and was later able to get into the fight and even then (like most others) I thought Zhang won on the cards. It wasn't a robbery but Zhang won.

Chinese power is real and I am very feel.

It is what it is, it is what it isn't.

I thank you. Goodnight and God bless
    Last edited by Denilson3.0; 09-27-2023 at 06:42 PM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Zhang sure can bang
    Joyce still hasn't learnt any head movement
    I see him becoming another British gatekeeper

Thread Information