Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Khan his dad and Hatton talk about defeat Khan "I will beat Prescott in rematch"

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Khan his dad and Hatton talk about defeat Khan "I will beat Prescott in rematch"

Kotelnik was a solid fighter....
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Khan his dad and Hatton talk about defeat Khan "I will beat Prescott in rematch"

Quote Originally Posted by ono View Post
    Just in and around 130-140 you have Arthur, Cook, Witter, Rees, Kotelnik, Holt, M'Baye, Maussa, Harris, Urango.

Bit strong to say he has no chance when all of the above have managed it.

I dont think anyone would make Khan a favourite over any of the above
    Last edited by ross; 09-14-2008 at 06:56 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Taking a knee is one thing , taking a knee to pick up the pieces of his chin that just got shattered is another thing

Glass jaw isn't ever going to be the best in his division.
    i think it will be bloody hard for him same as it would be for any fighter but i dont think it is impossible, personally i dont think he will because he gets to ahead of himself he shouldnt of taken that fight with prescott he should of had his chin tested a bit more

Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hugh McIlvanney, boxing sage, on Khan :

THE FIRST reaction to the sight of Amir Khan sprawled on his back, confused and helpless under the ring lights at the MEN Arena in Manchester a week ago, was naturally a heart-wrenching surge of sympathy. As his mind slowly came back into focus, the bewilderment on his face gave way to a tortured expression that suggested the full dire significance of what had just happened to him was invading his thoughts. Ever since winning a silver medal at the Athens Olympics of 2004, the 21-year-old from Bolton had been steered carefully, amid an orchestrated din of publicity, towards the status of a contender for a professional world title. But in Manchester a serious flaw in the navigation process put him inside the ropes with Breidis Prescott, a Colombian whose background was sufficiently obscure to blind Khan’s advisers to the warning implicit in the 17 stoppages included among the 19 straight wins that constituted the Prescott record, and within 54 seconds the previously unbeaten fighter acclaimed as a golden prospect was violently exposed as incapable of claiming the humble WBO intercontinental lightweight championship, let alone pursuing a global prize.

No doubt many brainstorming sessions will be devoted to devising ways of resurrecting Khan’s career, with particular emphasis, of course, on a restoration of his earning power. But the prospects aren’t encouraging. His chances of world domination always looked minimal to me, and not just because of the gross limitations of his punch-resistance, though that has long been identifiable as a massive weakness. Before he met Prescott, he had been knocked down in three previous fights against unformidable opponents and, prior to having his senses scattered by the Colombian’s left hooks, he was blatantly shaken by a simple left jab. As his promoter, Frank Warren, once observed: “You can’t put muscles on chins”. If Amir Khan has a future in the ring, it may depend on Warren more than the boxer himself. He will need matchmaking so circumspect that it is liable to invite us to think of cotton wool as an abrasive substance.

Fabio Capello forging new England - Times Online

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat View Post
    1.5 percent body fat
    Thats not human

AMAT: worried about u dude let us know whats going on with you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

HA the only that will get beatin up in the rematch is prescotts hands gettin beat up by khans face

Thread Information