Thread: Give Mayweather credit... it's Pac you should be disappointed in

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Give Mayweather credit... it's Pac you should be disappointed in

yeah but a rich bellend innit
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I watched the Mayweather vs De La Hoya fight again last night and although he had the advantage of being noticeably bigger, his tactics worked, other than the fact he ran out of gas.

With Roach in the corner, you would have thought they would have followed that blueprint as Floyd couldn't get going at all and was very lucky to get the win

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by 0james0 View Post
    I watched the Mayweather vs De La Hoya fight again last night and although he had the advantage of being noticeably bigger, his tactics worked, other than the fact he ran out of gas.

With Roach in the corner, you would have thought they would have followed that blueprint as Floyd couldn't get going at all and was very lucky to get the win
    I hear Floyd was wearing the wrong socks that night... You know how that can affect a fighter.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lol that fight was nowhere near close

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think DLH/PBF was close at all, and I don't think DLH had any "blue print" to beat him because he really didn't land anything significant. He had Jim Lampley and the crowd screaming every time he threw something but he mostly hit air and gloves.

Also you have to take into consideration the physical limitations of human beings: it's fine to succeed with something in a round or two, but can you physically and mentally continue it for 12 rounds? People get tired physically and mentally and a lot of that shit is easier said than done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't get excited with Mayweather fights but I also don't dislike him. In fact I appreciate his tremendous skills to evade punches and traps. Although I'm hoping he takes more risk to make it a fight. They say boxing is to 'hit and not get hit' and I completely agree with that. But I don't put Floyd on that level of a master counter puncher. I believe he's been more of a 'hit when there's no way you can get hit' fighter. The only times he will throw a counter is after/during an opponents left jab (counter right) or against an opponents lunging left hook (check left hook) where he can move away to his left. You'll never see him go for the perfect back hand counter when an orthodox opponent would throw a haymaker right hand. It's obviously very risky, but the rewards are irresistible for a true counter puncher.

Anyhow, my point is credit should be give where credit is due. I was never the type of fan who dislikes a fighter because he's a former felon or how he handles himself outside the ring. I always give them the benefit of the doubt that these are famous people, and the media will not fail to come up with stories suited for TMZ viewers. Same goes for the race card, religion and PEDS bullshit.. I try to stay away from that stuff and only engage myself on purely boxing discussions. And I'm not even a purist. I appreciate all level of fighting, as long as the two combatants gives everything. Sounds like the rock 'em sock 'em robots type of fight but not really. Just two fighters giving their best fight in them even if they're past their prime or still too raw. You know, there's no prime age for heart.
    An empty can is always noisy.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Watch the PBF vs DLH fight again, having watched the pac fight, you'll see what I mean. Floyd was not comfortable at all, not for long periods and it was a much closer fight than the pac fight that's for sure.

Although I do have to agree DLH was hitting mostly gloves and arms, that was much more than pac did

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Watch the PBF vs DLH fight again, having watched the pac fight, you'll see what I mean. Floyd was not comfortable at all, not for long periods and it was a much closer fight than the pac fight that's for sure.

Although I do have to agree DLH was hitting mostly gloves and arms, that was much more than pac did
    I watched it a few times over the years and always came to the same conclusion. I don't think he ever flustered Floyd because he really couldn't land anything of substance. He bullied him to the ropes and threw a quick flurry where nothing really landed, the crowd went nuts and Lampley screamed "AND OSCAR LANDS A COMBINATION!!!!" Floyd countered the fuck out of him all night.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd has got more and more defensive over time..no combos whatsoever anymore..time to retire.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    yep

thing is, i suppose he fits in in america

not the rich bit obviously
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    yep

Ha ha, making friends with our transatlantic brothers with your profound comments I see.😀

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    yep

Ha ha, making friends with our transatlantic brothers with your profound comments I see.😀
    awe soz

i suppose britains biggest sports names can be bellends too

just not anywhere near to the scale of floyd

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yep

I agree with it, I'm Canadian so it's all good

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yep

I agree with it, I'm Canadian so it's all good
    really?

just goes to show

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We both jerk off to the same queen

Thread Information