Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  34
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Juergen Braehmer v Nathan Cleverly - WBA Light Heavyweight Title - Saturday 1 October

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Juergen Braehmer v Nathan Cleverly - WBA Light Heavyweight Title - Saturday 1 Oct

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Juergen Braehmer v Nathan Cleverly - WBA Light Heavyweight Title - Saturday 1 Oct

I enjoyed it, I thought clev was beginning to take over

he didn't throw any power shots tho did he, I don't remember one
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well done Clev, always liked the fella he is even more Wapanese than me with the double W. He did the job in front of him but what really stood out for me was the super lightweight Ohara Davies, looks like a great prospect who may well be fasttracked.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah Davies looks a good prospect. He's clearly a massive fan of Floyd stylewise (not sure whether that's the best thing), with a serious clump. His greatest asset has to be those abnormal never-ending arms (or is that just me seeing things?).
    Last edited by Fenster; 10-03-2016 at 10:22 PM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Yeah Davies looks a good prospect. He's clearly a massive fan of Floyd stylewise (not sure whether that's the best thing), with a serious clump. His greatest asset has to be those abnormal never-ending arms (or is that just me seeing things?).
    I think he does have a long reach and the fact that he can spring out of a low stance and take a half step to get in range and catch his opponent, just exaggerates that, and makes his arms seem even longer.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have always quite liked Nathan Cleverley. Good athlete, brave as they come, always fit to fight, never any scandal and he comes across quite well when he is not hyping a fight. Good Welsh boy too

He has never had much kudos from the press or much coverage considering he is a double world champion. I wonder why ..... Oh yes, it took about a decade until they noticed Joe Calzaghe too.

However, he has always been easy to hit, and Braemer was landing some big shots on him. He has a decent chin but it's not good to be taking as much as he does in every fight.

Maybe it was part of his tactics somehow, but he seemed to have lost quite a bit of power over his last couple of fights?
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    I have always quite liked Nathan Cleverley. Good athlete, brave as they come, always fit to fight, never any scandal and he comes across quite well when he is not hyping a fight. Good Welsh boy too

He has never had much kudos from the press or much coverage considering he is a double world champion. I wonder why ..... Oh yes, it took about a decade until they noticed Joe Calzaghe too.

However, he has always been easy to hit, and Braemer was landing some big shots on him. He has a decent chin but it's not good to be taking as much as he does in every fight.

Maybe it was part of his tactics somehow, but he seemed to have lost quite a bit of power over his last couple of fights?
    What power?

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

http://www.boxingscene.com/braehmer-...ssible--109455

So to be fair, the people who said that Braehmer was beginning to not fancy it are probably right. "A minor muscle tear"

Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cleverly did at the beginning of his career use his boxing skills and punch power.
    Now he seems to be throwing arm punches in volume, ! stupid as he makes his fights harder than they need to be he is trying to be a crowd pleaser.
    Nathan go back to your old style outbox theses guys , and land them hard punches.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by X View Post

What power?
    I hate to say it, but although Cleverly started as a professional fairly early (18-20 I think), he certainly wasn't a powerful fighter. I think that the guys he was fighting may have suited him, and they were usually worn down rather than knocked out on sheer power. I don't think Clev was ever a big hitter, although the way he was matched did see his KO % improve once he went to 12 rounders. Now that he's fighting better opponents, that lack of power he showed against tough journeymen is still there against the top fighters.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Both are skillful fighters

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

surly he would get a KO

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think so

although he is getting on a bit the German fella, he might be looking for a way out by mid way

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    I don't think so

although he is getting on a bit the German fella, he might be looking for a way out by mid way
    I didn't think so to start off with , but I reckon by Halfway , Braehmer will have had enough and pull out with a bogus injury.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    I don't think so

I didn't think so to start off with , but I reckon by Halfway , Braehmer will have had enough and pull out with a bogus injury.
    probly a sore arm or something

Thread Information