Thread: Cooking the Books on Covid-19?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Cooking the Books on Covid-19?

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    I am not sure what you are referring to me for on the mask issue Tito. I have masks and wear them. I social distance. I respect the rights of anyone around me.

My issue is stopping healthy people from leaving their homes or earning a living. That is going to potentially destroy them far more than a virus that has a 1 in 240 chance of hurting them. It is still in the moment, but there is going to be a very big economic shock and all those who pushed this that rely on health care systems etc that are funded by a productive economy are in for a very big shock when those services inevitably decline and their children are saddled with huge debts.

Tracking devices for instance. That's the back door to a Chinese model and that is to be rejected at all costs. It is a balance between preserving the economy and individual freedoms. This went too far and there will be consequences to that. If as in Sweden it was shown that you did not need to shut down all small service businesses, then the policies of the other countries were by nature poor policies and then you have to ask 'Was it intentional?'
    hey gandalf, if you don't mind could i ask why you wear the mask? do you believe that if someone has covid 19 it can jump from them & infect you?
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    I am not sure what you are referring to me for on the mask issue Tito. I have masks and wear them. I social distance. I respect the rights of anyone around me.

My issue is stopping healthy people from leaving their homes or earning a living. That is going to potentially destroy them far more than a virus that has a 1 in 240 chance of hurting them. It is still in the moment, but there is going to be a very big economic shock and all those who pushed this that rely on health care systems etc that are funded by a productive economy are in for a very big shock when those services inevitably decline and their children are saddled with huge debts.

Tracking devices for instance. That's the back door to a Chinese model and that is to be rejected at all costs. It is a balance between preserving the economy and individual freedoms. This went too far and there will be consequences to that. If as in Sweden it was shown that you did not need to shut down all small service businesses, then the policies of the other countries were by nature poor policies and then you have to ask 'Was it intentional?'
    hey gandalf, if you don't mind could i ask why you wear the mask? do you believe that if someone has covid 19 it can jump from them & infect you?
    I believe it is infectious, but with so few cases now, the need for masks is almost over. I think it is contagious and for some very risky, but I do not fear for myself. It is hard to get infected if nobody has it.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I believe it is infectious, but with so few cases now, the need for masks is almost over. I think it is contagious and for some very risky, but I do not fear for myself. It is hard to get infected if nobody has it.
    thank you for answering honestly. so you believe the mask will stop it infecting you or just prolong you getting infected?
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think masking up reduces your ability to transmit or get a virus. We use masks in all kinds of areas be it medicine, dentistry, and others. Even during the Spanish Flu period people were masked up. It makes sense to try and block virus transmission. However, if you are leaving your eyes uncovered too, then you are not considering all eventualities.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think masking up reduces your ability to transmit or get a virus. We use masks in all kinds of areas be it medicine, dentistry, and others. Even during the Spanish Flu period people were masked up. It makes sense to try and block virus transmission. However, if you are leaving your eyes uncovered too, then you are not considering all eventualities.
    i'm glad you brought up the eyes, would a virus also not be small enough to travel through a mask? also if covid 19 was real would it not be better for someone like yourself, who sounds in pretty good health & age to get it & recover from it?

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It seems to be about the amount of the virus. If you get a full splash of pure energetic sneeze, then without a mask, you are absorbing much of that. I think the mask helps, but still particles will get through and if your eyes are slightly above and wide open, then you are still getting hit with it.

That's a fair question about getting it, so I would argue that recovering from a small amount is probably easier than recovering from a heavy splash. It's like with a hangover, why drink 3 bottles of wine when a glass will suffice? Sure you can build up good tolerance with the heavy drinking, but it probably isn't much fun.

You never quite know, I may have had it and not known, but I certainly don't make any song or dance about being sicker than ever before like some as I have not been sick. I mentioned being around sick, sneezy people a lot and I haven't got sick, but that doesn't mean I have not been hit with their particles. It is just that my body did not respond to them.

Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Why the contentiousness about this virus, TIC? (and to some extent..... Gandalf)

At the end of the day, isn't my right to wear a mask and keep social distancing if I so choose just as important as your choice not to wear one?

And yet.... if we were in close proximity and I felt uncomfortable with not keeping social distancing.... would you not respect those wishes?

Recent anecdote.....

I was at the Post Office recently, and everyone was cooperating with the wearing of the facemasks and keeping to the lines marked on the floor. Everyone but this one dude who insisted on getting up on people in line. I guess he was kind of in a hurry, and couldn't be bothered with rules. He said he "only needed to buy a stamp" and was quite impatient. He wasn't wearing a mask, either. At one point he coughed. Probably meaningless..... but again..... I choose to follow social distancing guidelines, as is my right to do so. Nobody's keeping me at home..... nobody is keeping me from doing my business. At one point the guy comes up to me to ask a question. Already a bit annoyed at the one fool in every line who doesn't know how to behave, I kindly asked him to keep his distance. Fortunately, the guy realized he was being kind of an ass, and backed off and back into his spot on the line. At one point a guy already at the counter saw what was going on, and mercifully bought a stamp to give to the impatient bloke. He thanked the guy.... and off he went. There was a general sigh of relief from the people in line.

It doesn't matter whether you want to believe in anything or not.

It boils down to your rights versus mine. As long as our rights do not infringe on one another, everything should be cool. As soon as you want to impose your rights on mine...... that's a different story.
    you are free to wear whatever you want, it's when it becomes mandatory that theres a problem. i will live free. if i am standing close to you am i harming you? you would need to prove your belief. if you don't want people near you stay at home. your fears don't over rule other peoples freedoms. order followers are the cause of slavery

I think if a business owner asks that you wear a mask in his establishment, it is you that can make a choice to either wear one or stay out.

If there's a line at a shop and you're asked to keep social distance and you don't, it is again your choice... just as it's the shop owner's right to ask you to leave.

When you were just complaining about having to stay home, it was more understandable.

If it was just a matter of rights, it would be one thing. But IMO, your attitude borders on rebelliousness and wanting to buck the system. My rights are still just as important as yours.
    a business is private property & if that is their rules to wear a mask i will shop elsewhere, if they require six feet distancing i have no problem with that. what if i'm surfing or at a park with no one else around? should that still apply? no everywhere is the same as where you live. you didn't answer if i would be harming you, because you know you can't prove it & it is just your belief, you just feel because your belief is backed by thugs that is over rules my rights

If your respecting my rights is predicated upon my "having to prove" anything to you......... we would have a serious problem.

Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My issue is stopping healthy people from leaving their homes or earning a living.
    That is going to potentially destroy them far more than a virus that has a 1 in 240 chance of hurting them. It is still in the moment, but there is going to be a very big economic shock and all those who pushed this that rely on health care systems etc that are funded by a productive economy are in for a very big shock when those services inevitably decline and their children are saddled with huge debts.

I apologize if I grouped you and TIC together. Clearly the bolded statement is something TIC would never say.

It's a bit of a fine line between believing something and trying to shove your beliefs at others. And that door swings both ways.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why the contentiousness about this virus, TIC? (and to some extent..... Gandalf)

At the end of the day, isn't my right to wear a mask and keep social distancing if I so choose just as important as your choice not to wear one?

And yet.... if we were in close proximity and I felt uncomfortable with not keeping social distancing.... would you not respect those wishes?

Recent anecdote.....

I was at the Post Office recently, and everyone was cooperating with the wearing of the facemasks and keeping to the lines marked on the floor. Everyone but this one dude who insisted on getting up on people in line. I guess he was kind of in a hurry, and couldn't be bothered with rules. He said he "only needed to buy a stamp" and was quite impatient. He wasn't wearing a mask, either. At one point he coughed. Probably meaningless..... but again..... I choose to follow social distancing guidelines, as is my right to do so. Nobody's keeping me at home..... nobody is keeping me from doing my business. At one point the guy comes up to me to ask a question. Already a bit annoyed at the one fool in every line who doesn't know how to behave, I kindly asked him to keep his distance. Fortunately, the guy realized he was being kind of an ass, and backed off and back into his spot on the line. At one point a guy already at the counter saw what was going on, and mercifully bought a stamp to give to the impatient bloke. He thanked the guy.... and off he went. There was a general sigh of relief from the people in line.

It doesn't matter whether you want to believe in anything or not.

It boils down to your rights versus mine. As long as our rights do not infringe on one another, everything should be cool. As soon as you want to impose your rights on mine...... that's a different story.
    you are free to wear whatever you want, it's when it becomes mandatory that theres a problem. i will live free. if i am standing close to you am i harming you? you would need to prove your belief. if you don't want people near you stay at home. your fears don't over rule other peoples freedoms. order followers are the cause of slavery

I think if a business owner asks that you wear a mask in his establishment, it is you that can make a choice to either wear one or stay out.

If there's a line at a shop and you're asked to keep social distance and you don't, it is again your choice... just as it's the shop owner's right to ask you to leave.

When you were just complaining about having to stay home, it was more understandable.

If it was just a matter of rights, it would be one thing. But IMO, your attitude borders on rebelliousness and wanting to buck the system. My rights are still just as important as yours.
    a business is private property & if that is their rules to wear a mask i will shop elsewhere, if they require six feet distancing i have no problem with that. what if i'm surfing or at a park with no one else around? should that still apply? no everywhere is the same as where you live. you didn't answer if i would be harming you, because you know you can't prove it & it is just your belief, you just feel because your belief is backed by thugs that is over rules my rights

If your respecting my rights is predicated upon my "having to prove" anything to you......... we would have a serious problem.
    lets do a thought experiment, it is this time last year & i am standing about a foot or two from you, not disturbing you & not close enough to be within your personal space anything wrong with that? course not. but now because you have a belief & fear of something that the thugs in control are pushing & the mindless are buying you have an issue. nothing there is going against your rights, just against your fears & beliefs. i guess you agree with the salem witch trials where fear & beliefs lead to them being found guilty & many executed. what if i'm the business owner & i want to refuse anyone from entering with a mask on, because i want to be able to identify someone if something gets stolen, or if i want to stay open to anyone who wants to use their freewill & take responsibility for their own health & use my services? a year ago you would have no issue, now because of your fear & belief you do. i think it's fair to ask for proof & as we see the lies being brought to light more & more each day i don't think it's unreasonable. the removal of peoples freedoms is unreasonable. taking away peoples freedoms always leads to more death

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My issue is stopping healthy people from leaving their homes or earning a living.
    That is going to potentially destroy them far more than a virus that has a 1 in 240 chance of hurting them. It is still in the moment, but there is going to be a very big economic shock and all those who pushed this that rely on health care systems etc that are funded by a productive economy are in for a very big shock when those services inevitably decline and their children are saddled with huge debts.

I apologize if I grouped you and TIC together. Clearly the bolded statement is something TIC would never say.

It's a bit of a fine line between believing something and trying to shove your beliefs at others. And that door swings both ways.
    you highlighted part of the second paragraph, i have been saying that from the beginning. they have made healthy people afraid of healthy people

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It seems to be about the amount of the virus. If you get a full splash of pure energetic sneeze, then without a mask, you are absorbing much of that. I think the mask helps, but still particles will get through and if your eyes are slightly above and wide open, then you are still getting hit with it.

That's a fair question about getting it, so I would argue that recovering from a small amount is probably easier than recovering from a heavy splash. It's like with a hangover, why drink 3 bottles of wine when a glass will suffice? Sure you can build up good tolerance with the heavy drinking, but it probably isn't much fun.

You never quite know, I may have had it and not known, but I certainly don't make any song or dance about being sicker than ever before like some as I have not been sick. I mentioned being around sick, sneezy people a lot and I haven't got sick, but that doesn't mean I have not been hit with their particles. It is just that my body did not respond to them.
    what sort of people are you guys hanging out with? people coughing & sneezing on you? that rarely happens in my everyday life, my nieces are young & are terrible at covering their mouths when coughing or sneezing but even they never do it on purpose or directly at me. if a virus was in the air it would get through the material of a mask & especially into your eyes. the best way to get over a sickness is by building up an immunity to it. you & i disagree on how we get disease but our experiences along with millions of others, households where one person has a cold but no one else gets it or work places shows that the immune system is the key

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Paul Joseph Watson always showing hypocrisy for what it is. Doctors wasting equipment, pissing about, and cancer patients left dying.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

PJW make up things as he goes along whatever fits the narative at the time

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    Well said

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    Really? Who did you vote for? Macron? LePen? Mugabe?

Thread Information