Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Chavez v Vera

Make no mistake: Junior is the definition of a coddled boxer. And I thought he lost the fight last night by one round. However, I don't think a 96-94 score for Junior is a bad score. 8-2 is a poor. I thought there were definitely some rounds that could have gone either way though. What this fight taught us about Junior is that he's at the level of Vera. His team should cash out with a big fight against Ward or Froch because he'll never be a world-beater.

Vera fought a bit dirty, but in his own way, Junior did too in that he came in at 173 when the fight should have been at 168.

LouEVIL, Kentucky "birthplace of Cassius Clay"
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Chavez v Vera

chavez lost, and made himself look like an ass even more by saying "I dont need to fight him again." a truly douchebag move when he had lost the fight. props to vera for trying so hard and for having an iron jaw!!! some of those chavez shots were very hard.....

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post
    I can't believe Vera didn't win that fight. He outworked Chavez from the first bell to the last.
    Vera will not get the credit he deserves, everybody will be saying he won because Chavez didn't train properly.
    The judging was terrible, I'm beginning to think the judges shouldn't set ringside. Put them in separate booths away from the crowd.
    Lou Motet had a real bad night, he was not calling fouls. Vera was hitting low all night--don't try to tell me I didn't see a bunch of illegal low blows by Vera--and he didn't call Chavez for pushing Vera with his left arm. It's called boxing not forearming, shouldering or elbowing.
    The crap refereeing was making me wonder what the judges were seeing, the low blows or the forearming. I think they were seeing the low blows since Chavez was protesting every one.
    I have a theory that judges, consciously or unconsciously, try to correct a judges bad refereeing with their scoring.
    I could be wrong, maybe Chavez really did win that fight and my 57 years of watching fights was a waste of time because I didn't learn a damn thing.
    Finally someone older then I am.
    Yeah, I expect you guys to start showing my postings some respect now. Maybe not. LOL

Thread Information