Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: August 26, 1975 ~ 'Press Conference' ~ Ali Tries To Make Gorilla Out Of Joe Frazier

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1686 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: August 26, 1975 ~ 'Press Conference' ~ Ali Tries To Make Gorilla Out Of Joe Frazi

Ali was no scum bag, you are the only scum bag Bill.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    That is not very nice. I don't remember bill saying anything about you personally

Mentioned
    1686 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: August 26, 1975 ~ 'Press Conference' ~ Ali Tries To Make Gorilla Out Of Joe Frazi

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    That is not very nice. I don't remember bill saying anything about you personally
    He called the greatest a scum bag. Bill does not know Ali personally.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ive heard he KNEW him personally from 1967-1974

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ive heard he KNEW him personally from 1967-1974

Was this before Bill married Monroe & starred in The Magnificent Seven
    Keep on Punchin"
    C.J.
    Hidden Content we love C.J.Hidden Content

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

After Muhammad Ali pushed Smokin' Joe

It would have been Smokin' Joe's right to punch 'The Scum Bag' in the face or break his neck.

But Joe Frazier calmly turned his back on Muhammad Ali, and then continued to talk to the Press.

Muhammad Ali was fuming, as he was being ignored. Then he started screaming > "Manila the Gorilla"

Oh he got in a few 'cheap laughs', but his childish behavior and buffoonery was that of a 'Class C'
    comedian now.

After a few minutes of this, Smokin' Joe had enough. He then turned and walked right up to Muhammad Ali.

Smokin' Joe moved to within 2" of Muhammad Ali, and stared at him.

Then Joe Frazier stuck his chin out, and pointed to it, baiting Muhammad Ali to throw a punch at him.

Smokin' Joe then yelled .......... "C'mon Clay, do it."
    Last edited by Bill Paxtom; 10-22-2015 at 08:01 PM.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Are these threads still on going then? I thought everyone got bored of them months ago and just let Bill get on with it all on his own?
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Are these threads still on going then? I thought everyone got bored of them months ago and just let Bill get on with it all on his own?
    You are still following this thread.

You have been 'exposed' Mr. Memphis.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by C.J.Rock View Post
    It must gnaw at the pit of one's stomach to hate someone who's so beloved and famous.
    Does not bother me at all, I live and let live, if you like him that is great. I do not like him and it feels great! Do what you want because I sure will. See how it works? There is no gnawing going on!
    No cursing. No screaming. Just some very committed hating going on here.
    Seems like it gnaws on you when someone dislikes your hero? Do not let it bother you, as you well know we are just a bunch of misguided boxing fans.

Must be sad to hate a man you've never met A man who doesn't even know you exist.
    Is it really hate ? Or is it just plain old fashioned jealousy because he's the greatest Hw champ EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Sir, why would I ever want to meet that loud mouthed disrespectful prick? He is the last guy I would ever want to meet! Seriously, I can not think of any reason to meet him and I could not care less if, as you say, he knows I exist. An honest to God fact!
    I know you must be feeling real bad for me right now. I am such a sad individual. Help me dude, please I need help!

No disrespect intended @beenKOed but..... is he still a "loud-mouthed, disrespectful prick"?

He's now... and has been for quite awhile... an introspective, mild-mannered, insightful, respectful individual. And I don't attribute it to his condition. He's aged... and we all deserve the right and opportunity to better ourselves as we age. Maybe back then you wouldn't have had anything to say or want to hear from him. But now, as an elderly person, he may pleasantly surprise you.
    Look, I am going to make this simple for you. I respect Ali for being a great fighter, because he was! I also have a deep and abiding dislike for Ali, because he was a disrespect prick, especially to other black fighters! There are many boxing fans who think Ali does not need any forgiveness and there are many who have forgiven him. I am not one of those and I never will be. I cannot make it any plainer.

Mentioned
    534 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by C.J.Rock View Post
    It must gnaw at the pit of one's stomach to hate someone who's so beloved and famous.
    Does not bother me at all, I live and let live, if you like him that is great. I do not like him and it feels great! Do what you want because I sure will. See how it works? There is no gnawing going on!
    No cursing. No screaming. Just some very committed hating going on here.
    Seems like it gnaws on you when someone dislikes your hero? Do not let it bother you, as you well know we are just a bunch of misguided boxing fans.

Must be sad to hate a man you've never met A man who doesn't even know you exist.
    Is it really hate ? Or is it just plain old fashioned jealousy because he's the greatest Hw champ EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Sir, why would I ever want to meet that loud mouthed disrespectful prick? He is the last guy I would ever want to meet! Seriously, I can not think of any reason to meet him and I could not care less if, as you say, he knows I exist. An honest to God fact!
    I know you must be feeling real bad for me right now. I am such a sad individual. Help me dude, please I need help!

No disrespect intended @beenKOed but..... is he still a "loud-mouthed, disrespectful prick"?

He's now... and has been for quite awhile... an introspective, mild-mannered, insightful, respectful individual. And I don't attribute it to his condition. He's aged... and we all deserve the right and opportunity to better ourselves as we age. Maybe back then you wouldn't have had anything to say or want to hear from him. But now, as an elderly person, he may pleasantly surprise you.
    Look, I am going to make this simple for you. I respect Ali for being a great fighter, because he was! I also have a deep and abiding dislike for Ali, because he was a disrespect prick, especially to other black fighters! There are many boxing fans who think Ali does not need any forgiveness and there are many who have forgiven him. I am not one of those and I never will be. I cannot make it any plainer.

Hey.... no skin off my back. Don't want you to get the impression I care one way or another whether you hate Ali or not. I merely stated some opinions. Hate and grudges are a heavy load to carry, especially throughout a lifetime. But believe me.... I don't lose any sleep over anything that's said on this forum, nor the opinions of its members.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Psyching yourself up before a match and telling yourself you are the greatest of all time is not a problem with me. We must look at our opponents like we are going to destroy them. This will help our performance. But the scumbag Muhammad Ali would do that endlessly for years and years even on the most mundane of interviews. I am the greatest I am the greatest of all time. All must bow to me I am the king of the world I am the king of the world. He was definitely a little juvenile a****** who couldn't leave that s*** alone for two seconds and he did that s*** from 1961 all the way up until I guess he couldn't speak anymore let's Saved by the mid 1990s. But I guarantee if you could get out a few words now he would still tell the interviewer I am the greatest of all time I am the greatest of all time. Never ever ever acknowledging Joe Lewis or Joe Frazier or Sonny Liston or George Foreman what Ken Norton who beat him three times. This guy was obsessed with constantly telling the world that he was the greatest that he was the greatest that he was the greatest of all time. This is why people hate him because someone who is truly the greatest never has to say it even one single time. If Muhammad Ali had been the greatest he would never have had to say it even one single time. I guarantee the great Joe Lewis never one time told anybody on an interview that he was the greatest of all time. And that is why people love Joe Lewis and that is why people hate Muhammad Ali. He dug his own grave and now he has to lie in it. Fittingly he cannot even utter another obnoxious word. Funny that bad karma, huh?

The Mouth who gave so many people so much pain and insults can no longer speak
    Last edited by brocktonblockbust; 10-22-2015 at 11:36 PM.

Mentioned
    1686 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is spelt Joe Loius who was a different personality.

God knows what you would have made of Jack Johnson.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Never was there a fighter named Joe Loius, ............talk about spelling bwahaha

Mentioned
    1686 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Never was there a fighter named Joe Loius, ............talk about spelling bwahaha
    Or joe lewis

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Or joe lewis
    So two wrongs make a right?

Thread Information