Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default The fucking heat

I don't understand why anybody likes the summer. Its driving me nuts. Maybe because I live in the deep south and its hot and humid.

I decided to grill out last night. At like 8 o clock I went out there and it was still 92 degrees and humid as hell, not to mention the grill heat so when I came inside I just put the food down and went to take a cold shower.

And its just going to get worse. Its still the mild part of summer. 105 degrees and humid is right around the corner.

This is probably not really thread worthy but I spend large parts of my day looking at the weather channel online and cringing.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The fucking heat

This is very thread worthy. It's now nearly the end of June and I am beginning to crack. I get this way every summer. June is just the prelude for the onslaught of July and then the full on assault that is August. I can't deal with the heat at all and I'm counting down the seconds until my holiday. Even as I type I have the fan on full blowing hot air at me. Your weather sounds a bit hotter than mine actually, but I have this horrible humidity that sucks the very life out of you. Not pleasant at all.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan View Post
    I don't understand why anybody likes the summer. Its driving me nuts. Maybe because I live in the deep south and its hot and humid.

I decided to grill out last night. At like 8 o clock I went out there and it was still 92 degrees and humid as hell, not to mention the grill heat so when I came inside I just put the food down and went to take a cold shower.

And its just going to get worse. Its still the mild part of summer. 105 degrees and humid is right around the corner.

This is probably not really thread worthy but I spend large parts of my day looking at the weather channel online and cringing.
    I'm with you man, I fucking hate the summer. It doesn't even get that hot here compared to where you are, it rarely gets above 30, and the humidity is relatively nonexistent, but I hate it nonetheless. Anything above the low 20s and I start to bitch.

Autumn is by far the best and most noble of seasons and I eagerly await its return.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pretty much even the poorest of the poor down here have AC (maybe not always central AC), its just a necessity, I'd give up heat before AC anytime, so its not like its a big deal all the time but I like to sit out on the porch some at night and I fucking hate going out there, after the sun's gone down, and have it be anywhere from 85-low 90's. Its just depressing. And the mosquitoes are shit also.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's worthy.

I've opened the front door to ride for food, walked smack into a wall of heat and said, "I'm not going."

It's hard to enough to survive a car crash when the weather is nice. A sweltering inferno like this makes fighting for your life quite impossible.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pretty much even the poorest of the poor down here have AC (maybe not always central AC), its just a necessity, I'd give up heat before AC anytime, so its not like its a big deal all the time but I like to sit out on the porch some at night and I fucking hate going out there, after the sun's gone down, and have it be anywhere from 85-low 90's. Its just depressing. And the mosquitoes are shit also.
    Yeah. Thermal underwear. 6 pairs of socks. A shaggy beard and 11 blankets will carry you through the winter.

In the heat, once you strip naked, all you can do is pray for rain.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The awful thing about summer is those horrible evening thunder storms. You can feel it in the air that tonight you'll have to unplug everything in the house you don't want fried to a crisp.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its been raining this evening in Liverpool, which was nice for a change. The whole weekend was boiling though, I cant stand it as I suffer from Hayfever as well. I've never been one for the heat and aim to stay in shady areas as much as possible.
    Back by popular demand!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What a bunch of horrible, whiney, moaning, crying, whinging,pathetic schoolgirls on this thread. "Oh no,the suns splitting the trees, gotta get down to the beach beside my house for to cool off in that big horrible refreshing ocean for 3 or 4hrs. Gotta remember to bring my sunclasses too as i dont want to see all those partially clothed women on said beach!". Why dont you all f**k off? Do you all wanna swap? You wanna try living here in ireland where it does f**k all but rain for 9mths of the year. Cant even go out to get bread and milk,basic necessities, without gettin my mullet soaked.

ICB Guest

Wimps.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Aren't you over in azz crack Georgia Ouma?I can relate being stuck down in the swamp peak Summer.I've always lived in the heat but humidity is another matter,like walking around with a wet wool blanket drapped over ya 24-7.I look at a/c as a bonus ,went times without and back in the bad ol days has to improvise big time....everything from ice in front of fans,mist bottles etc etc.Keep it off in the car for the most part as long as traffics moving,kills on gas but keep the homestead cool.Being through so many hurricanes and power outages though you have to adapt.I'm betting in a month or two we'll see more and more brown outs nation wide,power grid probs so buckle up.100 degree heat index makes it a no boxers wearing day.So bad I've got a really hot,no pun employee sighing " it's hot as balls".Now I just had to act like I didn't hear her and have her repeat it three times.Slow day today,what can I say.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Try living in a loft with slate tiles on the roof!

You get sunshine blazing down onto it all day and it basically heats the room up like an oven... can't get cool in the evening and even when the sun has pissed off... unless you get heavy sustained rain right afterwards you're still talking a day or two for the room to cool.

Aslong as there's a nice breeze the sun can be as hot as it wants for me... nice clear, warm crisp air...

I hate it when it's hot, close and humid and still... you can't get away.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by johnmaff36 View Post
    What a bunch of horrible, whiney, moaning, crying, whinging,pathetic schoolgirls on this thread. "Oh no,the suns splitting the trees, gotta get down to the beach beside my house for to cool off in that big horrible refreshing ocean for 3 or 4hrs. Gotta remember to bring my sunclasses too as i dont want to see all those partially clothed women on said beach!". Why dont you all f**k off? Do you all wanna swap? You wanna try living here in ireland where it does f**k all but rain for 9mths of the year. Cant even go out to get bread and milk,basic necessities, without gettin my mullet soaked.
    I love the rain. I kind of have to though, given where I live.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    Me too. Rain is wonderful. In fact I think John's Irish weather sounds quite idyllic.

When I lived in the UK I would sometimes complain about the weather, but having spent so long living away, I will never criticise it again. The UK has fantastic weather and all year round too. From the winter through the summer, I won't hear a word said against it. And I miss fog. There is nothing quite like British fog, you just don't get that here.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    Me too. Rain is wonderful. In fact I think John's Irish weather sounds quite idyllic.

When I lived in the UK I would sometimes complain about the weather, but having spent so long living away, I will never criticise it again. The UK has fantastic weather and all year round too. From the winter through the summer, I won't hear a word said against it. And I miss fog. There is nothing quite like British fog, you just don't get that here.
    Fog is great, we don't get it here very often though. I also love a good wind/thunder storm. Blustery weather is great, it's much better than this heat bullshit.

Thread Information