Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default J C Chavez or S R Leonard ?

In terms of the achievements and all-time graetness who would you rate higher in your list out of these two? and please give you reasons.

I would rate Julio Cesar Chavez higher than Sugar Ray Leonard in my list!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: J C Chavez or S R Leonard ?

SRL is greater....IMO he faught better competition. Dont get me wrong Chavez was great, and he boosts an impressive record but i mean in the first 80 or so fights he faught no elite fighter. In a P4P sense if they were to fight, Leonard would be the superior boxer aswell.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by cockey cockney
    SRL is greater....IMO he faught better competition. Dont get me wrong Chavez was great, and he boosts an impressive record but i mean in the first 80 or so fights he faught no elite fighter. In a P4P sense if they were to fight, Leonard would be the superior boxer aswell.
    Agreed, JCC was the man for a long time, but he was in the situation that he didn't have the opposition to make those wins have meaning. And yeah SRL vs. JCC = A brilliant match, but one that eventually SRL would end up victorious in.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep
    Agreed, JCC was the man for a long time, but he was in the situation that he didn't have the opposition to make those wins have meaning. And yeah SRL vs. JCC = A brilliant match, but one that eventually SRL would end up victorious in.
    Greg spot on!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep
    Well I love both fighters they are both on Favorites list But as far as achievment's and records go JC is the man
    Greg spot on!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Listen to what ray leonard had to say about him facing JCC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElMeISOu9UA
    "Very few people really understand what it means to be a fighter. I hate it when I hear someone say, 'That fighter doesn't have guts. I hate that, I don't care if you're a world champion six times over or a four-round fighter, to step inside that ring, you have to have guts" Oscar De La Hoya

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by chamiley
    Listen to what ray leonard had to say about him facing JCC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElMeISOu9UA
    CC nice find.. Indeed it would be a joke, as is comparing the men they beat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

hard to say who is greater. Probably Ray. Ray fought and beat the better guys in a short period, but Julio was impressive and it is close. As for guts and fighting spirit Julio had more guts. Ray has only 40 fights. Hearns and Hagler had 67. 27 more fights than Ray!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Has to be Chavez... Another fighter who's career spanned a life time.

The guy probably has more KO's than Sugar Ray had fights.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haven't sc you in awhile. Let me change that. Chavez faught Jose Luis Ramirez, Roger Mayweather (2), Edwin Rosario, Juan LaPorte and Meldrick Taylor in his first 80 fights. I would call them elite

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The Grinch
    Has to be Chavez... Another fighter who's career spanned a life time.

The guy probably has more KO's than Sugar Ray had fights.
    Damn right he has more than twice as many ko's as Ray had Fights but it would be a bad joke if they ever got Ray and Julio in the ring Ray is much bigger

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Realitycheck77
    In terms of the achievements and all-time graetness who would you rate higher in your list out of these two? and please give you reasons.

I would rate Julio Cesar Chavez higher than Sugar Ray Leonard in my list!

I prefer JCC over SRL , but that’s not your question !

I would rate SRL ahead of JCC in term of greatness and achievements.. SRL had the more classic matches benefiting from a very solid competitive era in boxing , . JCC was very exciting and is one of my favorite fighters of all time. I personally prefer JCC over the two as I love to watch the effective aggressive boxer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maybe it would seem to be Julio, but the problem is that Ray fought this list of fighters and beat them. Wilfred Benitez, Roberto Duran, Thomas Hearns, Marvin Hagler.. he beat them all. That was a pretty good hat trick. Ray fought those guys,, Hearns beat Cuevez,Benitez,Duran,Hill. Hagler beat Duran,Hearns, Duran beat ,, well duran beat lightweights.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And welters Lt/ middles middles S/ middles
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise
    Haven't sc you in awhile.  Let me change that.  Chavez faught Jose Luis Ramirez, Roger Mayweather (2), Edwin Rosario, Juan LaPorte and Meldrick Taylor in his first 80 fights.  I would call them elite
    roger mayweather was not elite what great fighter did edwin rosario ever beat ?? same with juan la porte and Jose Luis Ramirez has good record but never beat anyone superb only real great fighter he beat on that list was meldrick taylor he had excellent skills one of quickest hands ive ever seen its shame he had to brawl chavez because he had the fight in the bag but even meldrick taylor sadly never beat anyone great either not saying thats his fault because i know he had bad injurys after chavez fight but still facts are facts he never beat anyone really great either because his prime ended so quick

leonard beat wilfredo benitez hagler hearns and duran them alone are greater fighters than the ones u mentioned

Thread Information