Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Gervonta Davis vs...

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Sorry, when i edit links don't work so I'll go gather all links at once and put it in next post but here is Farmer

https://youtu.be/KlVZMz4bVbw
    Man that's interesting. Farmer sounds like a guy more worried about losing a high ranking before it pays off more than Davis. He has multiple options but may be seriously over thinking it. I didn't realize Farmer just had surgery for a torn bicep he suffered in April fight and the ibf had already ordered a fight between he and Dib for official mandatory shot at Davis though. So he either fights Davis in very high profile but all or nothing shot on a month and a half notice fresh off injury or he takes more beatable Dib in official eliminator in September with more heal up and Davis will be ordered to face him as #1 anyway. Ideally anyway but looking like that I can see his thinking but that's assuming an awful lot as one cut, inspired opponent or spurned ranking body etc can change all. Be very interested to see who Davis faces now.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Sorry, when i edit links don't work so I'll go gather all links at once and put it in next post but here is Farmer

Man that's interesting. Farmer sounds like a guy more worried about losing a high ranking before it pays off more than Davis. He has multiple options but may be seriously over thinking it. I didn't realize Farmer just had surgery for a torn bicep he suffered in April fight and the ibf had already ordered a fight between he and Dib for official mandatory shot at Davis though. So he either fights Davis in very high profile but all or nothing shot on a month and a half notice fresh off injury or he takes more beatable Dib in official eliminator in September with more heal up and Davis will be ordered to face him as #1 anyway. Ideally anyway but looking like that I can see his thinking but that's assuming an awful lot as one cut, inspired opponent or spurned ranking body etc can change all. Be very interested to see who Davis faces now.
    But DIB pulled out, that's when Farmer asked to be on the card against Davis and Davis said yes. That's why Dibella had to explain why it wasn't going to happen. They think they can do better financially with it as a headliner. Which, fair enough, but this becoming a real problem where contenders are turning down champions.

I'm a bit of a hypocrite when it comes to Davis. Because I'm always for best vs best. But on him I agree with you, he just became champion, he's 22. He shouldn't be expected to fight P4P guys yet. If he chooses to great, but he shouldn't be forced to yet. He might progress and it might be a great fight in a year or 2. Look how far he has improved in the last year. No reason to ruin what could be a great fight by having it too early

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

But DIB pulled out, that's when Farmer asked to be on the card against Davis and Davis said yes. That's why Dibella had to explain why it wasn't going to happen. They think they can do better financially with it as a headliner. Which, fair enough, but this becoming a real problem where contenders are turning down champions.

I'm a bit of a hypocrite when it comes to Davis. Because I'm always for best vs best. But on him I agree with you, he just became champion, he's 22. He shouldn't be expected to fight P4P guys yet. If he chooses to great, but he shouldn't be forced to yet. He might progress and it might be a great fight in a year or 2. Look how far he has improved in the last year. No reason to ruin what could be a great fight by having it too early
    First time I have heard you be reasonable, you must seriously rate Davis?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

First time I have heard you be reasonable, you must seriously rate Davis?
    My expectations of him are far lower than how good I think he could be. I've seen the guy too drunk too many times. It could be a kid being a kid. But with his background and his friends I don't see it going in a positive direction.

I'm rooting for him to get a bit more serious though because I think he could be really good.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When I first saw Davis a few years back I thought he was just hype. He seemed like someone who just looked good against inferior competition but wouldn't be able to hang with the top guys in the division. His last 2 fights really impressed me. I'm sold on him.

I agree with Ron that he needs another year to really prove he belongs then he can fight someone like Loma. He just isn't ready at the moment.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Put him in with someone who is someone. Loma, Walters, Donaire, Rigo or even Salido. Guys like that that beat off at the mouth and have snotty attitudes get beat,all the time.

Plus, @ron_Swanson, it is alleged that Davis was the one that shot up Broner's jeep.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    Put him in with someone who is someone. Loma, Walters, Donaire, Rigo or even Salido. Guys like that that beat off at the mouth and have snotty attitudes get beat,all the time.

Plus, @ron_Swanson, it is alleged that Davis was the one that shot up Broner's jeep.
    It's also been alleged that a man in the clouds created the entire universe for man. He had millions of species created and died off just to eventually arrive at us. He loves us but if we don't put a little bit of water on a babies forehead he will make them burn for eternity. Doesn't make it true.

Lots of guys get beat all the time. Not just kids that act like kids. I hope his attitude changes as much as anyone. I like to see anyone reach their potential. But hating people doesn't lead to good places.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's also been alleged that a man in the clouds created the entire universe for man. He had millions of species created and died off just to eventually arrive at us. He loves us but if we don't put a little bit of water on a babies forehead he will make them burn for eternity. Doesn't make it true.

Lots of guys get beat all the time. Not just kids that act like kids. I hope his attitude changes as much as anyone. I like to see anyone reach their potential. But hating people doesn't lead to good places.
    He has a worse attitude than Broner, if you can fancy that. The kid is an accident waiting to happen.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He has a worse attitude than Broner, if you can fancy that. The kid is an accident waiting to happen.
    You'll have to be more subtle, you tipped your hand

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thread Information