Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Royce Gracie fights like a little B**ch

Is this guy supposed to be the legend of your sport? Lmfao

I just saw his career highlight and it looks all the same. He just lays there like a fag and cures insomnia.

Wow I just wasted 5 minutes of my life watching that bs.

Royce Gracie and all those jujitsu guys fight like lil pussies and they are rubbish.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Royce Gracie fights like a little B**ch

It's just not boxing is it. Old Royce would be killed in UFC now and would be knocked out by a boxer such as Tyson, it's obvious!
    "Enough with the games mate! Your messing with the Grand Master!"

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not a huge fan of Royce and his style of BJJ is (as much as people don't want to admit this) very archaic.

He said himself he was content to lie underneath and just wait for a guy to make a mistake. He wouldn't actively seek a submission like guys today.

So it was great when he was grappling with a guy who didn't know how to grapple, because he could get a quick submission.

But when it came to someone who could grapple, like Severn, Kimo and Shamrock, the fights were often long and drawn out. His style really doesn't hold up.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He deserves respect for being a pioneer though.

He was a lanky 170lb dude with seemingly not a hint of muscle, and he was fighting guys much bigger than him with kung fu/karate/judo/pro boxing/wrestling backgrounds and winning.

Art Jimmerson was a 29-5 pro boxer. Ken Shamrock was a huge 230lb + roid monkey with catch wrestling and kickboxing pedigrees. Gordeau was a 6'6'', 230lb Dutch kickboxer. Remco Pardoel was a 240-250lb judo blackbelt. Pat Smith was a solid 230lbs with an extensive kickboxing and submission fighting background, who nearly killed a guy in 30 seconds in his first UFC fight. Kimo was another 240lb roid-monkey with BJJ background. Dan Severn, a 250-260lb greco roman wrestler.

These were some serious dudes to fight for a little 170lb guy

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    Is this guy supposed to be the legend of your sport? Lmfao

I just saw his career highlight and it looks all the same. He just lays there like a fag and cures insomnia.

Wow I just wasted 5 minutes of my life watching that bs.

Royce Gracie and all those jujitsu guys fight like lil pussies and they are rubbish.

You are about 20 years late on this one lol
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    He deserves respect for being a pioneer though.

He was a lanky 170lb dude with seemingly not a hint of muscle, and he was fighting guys much bigger than him with kung fu/karate/judo/pro boxing/wrestling backgrounds and winning.

Art Jimmerson was a 29-5 pro boxer. Ken Shamrock was a huge 230lb + roid monkey with catch wrestling and kickboxing pedigrees. Gordeau was a 6'6'', 230lb Dutch kickboxer. Remco Pardoel was a 240-250lb judo blackbelt. Pat Smith was a solid 230lbs with an extensive kickboxing and submission fighting background, who nearly killed a guy in 30 seconds in his first UFC fight. Kimo was another 240lb roid-monkey with BJJ background. Dan Severn, a 250-260lb greco roman wrestler.

These were some serious dudes to fight for a little 170lb guy
    Exactly- no weight limits when he fought, but most important, it was BJJ that Shamrock & others adapted too.

Shamrock tapped out immediately in their first bout- but when he adapted it to his own strategy, yeah different ball game for Gracie.

I'm not into it as much as the early days, but back then it was truly just UFC and not MMA (mixing the arts) as Bruce Lee predicted.

The arts were pitted against each other and as the touraments went on, the best started to adapt.
    And the first adapation clearly was the Gracie BJJ.

There are some nice clips on youtube where Royce goes into a few schools with just one discipline and he completely broke every teacher down in front of their own students-even more our military has taken some lessons from the Gracies and added to the Marine Corp McMap program.

Gracies don't dominate the sport created for them (UFC) but heck, the Asians who created & mastered karate, Kung Fu don't either.
    Never saw it, but I read about 10 years ago a Shao-lin temple actually competed in a competition: All of them tapped..I was like damn! Snake Fist didn't work? Eagle Style? Crane? Not even Drunken Monkey could win a bout? Dayum!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It just so happens that one of the best ways to do someone in is the same position that a man rapes another man. If their back is to you their face on the floor and you are on top of them, they cant fight back and well you can do pretty much what ever you want to them.

Don't blame the gracies, blame mother nature, she clearly has a thing for man on man action.

Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

omg...
    wtf...

Thread Information