Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Our Planet.

Having a go at 16 year old is not going to make the situation any better. The science is there to show there is climate change due to man made activities. We do need to do more and accepting the message is the first step.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No, mate. The science shows that human activities are ACCELERATING climate change - not causing it. There is a big difference there.

We are a ball of matter, with a molten core, spinning around in -273 degrees centigrade. Gases cover the planet, most of it is water ...... of course the climate is going to change all the time.

Changing human behaviour is not going to 'save the planet'. The planet will continue and survive very nicely with or without us. In fact, other species and lifeforms will prosper in a different climate.

What people are really saying is 'save the human species' not 'save the planet'.

For the record, I do believe that human are accelerating this, but until the world does something about Chinese, Indian and US pollution, lecturing me about eating a steak or having a single diesel car is missing the point somewhat.

I do still think the mongy little freak should fuck off back to Sweden
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

'Mongy little freak'? Fucking hell that is a bit feeble from a grown man.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Not sure where these all come from, but some look like National Enquirer headlines. Discernment... discernment... discernment. That's the key word to remember here.

Also, for every climate alarmist there is at least one climate denier to cancel him out.

IMHO, the climate IS changing perceptively. How much of it is man-made and how much of it is nature taking its course, is beyond my pay grade.

All I know is that hurricanes are getting more frequent and more vicious.... and there are clear signs of coastal erosion in places I've seen and been to all my life.... for whatever that's worth.

Alarmist... denier... I'm neither. Just a concerned citizen that if science is in fact proving that there are worrisome climactic developments afoot, then I would hope most of us would be at least somewhat concerned.

Doesn't mean I'm gonna join the next march to Capitol Hill.
    Well a lot of them are direct statements from Dr. Paul Erlich who wrote 'The Population Bomb' both there are of course other "scientists" who are responsible for the other asinine predictions of doom. Here's a link https://cei.org/blog/wrong-again-50-...ic-predictions

Are they stronger and more frequent though?
    https://www.wunderground.com/hurricane/top10.asp

I know for you them LANDING are certainly stronger and seemingly more frequent. I remember my state getting hit a lot more (not that I wish for a return to those days) around the mid-late 1990's. 1996 was an especially bad season for us. But recently we get hit with a few here and there. We used to get the occasional tropical storm from the Gulf or just in from the Atlantic and it was nice...I mean yeah there's the obvious wind damage which happens on occasion, but without such storms we're subject to drought much of the time.

The climate changes, always has always will...our using of cars and eating of beef won't change that 1 iota.

Greta can lecture everyone until her face turns blue but the facts are that she's a CHILD, she's got a condition which makes her fixate on things and only see them in absolutes, and I feel like she's being exploited by these Climate Alarmists who are now for their convenience hiding behind a child and therefore can't be questioned at all.

The Climate Alarmism agenda is a farce. It's set up for governments to take totalitarian control (aided by Big Tech, think China's Social Credit system), destroy capitalism (a stated goal of the Green New Deal), and also ruin the petro-dollar. The United States doesn't run on the gold standard anymore (hopefully someday we return to that system) we run on the petro-dollar as Saudi Arabia only sells their oil (due to a treaty with the US and others) in return for American dollars it's the biggest reason the American dollar is the world reserve currency and it's also why China is never ever ever ever....EVER hassled about their emissions from these Climate Alarmist groups because China directly benefits from the success of those groups in the West.

If humans were truly destroying the climate why does Michael Moore own several houses? Why does Al Gore have a beachfront house? Why did Obama buy a $15 million mansion on Martha's Vineyard? I thought the sea levels were rising and we had 1 decade to "fix" things? Does no one else see through their bullshit? Harrison Ford and Leo DiCaprio flying all over God's green Earth? Greta's boat crew FLYING back to Europe thereby negating any "Green" part of her Trans-Atlantic boat voyage? Are these FACTS lost on everyone but myself?

I enjoy the outdoors and clean air and so on, I probably spend more time out there than most hunting and gardening and hiking and camping. I want clean air and water, but I'm telling you these Climate Doomsdayers are not pure and thoughtful and innocent, quite the opposite and they've suckered in a fair amount of well meaning people sadly.

Well... I'd have to point out that from that link you posted, 10 out of the top 15 years for number of named storms are from 2000 to the present... and there is an entry for the year 1887 in there, so..........

Regardless, going back some decades in my mind, it's my distinct impression that very active years have become all the more frequent. I know all about the El Niño climactic cycle theory, but it still doesn't explain how it seems every year now the storms get more and more frequent... as well as more and more severe.

I think if you polled everyone here, nobody would disagree that climate change is a normal behavior of the planet, and in as of itself nothing to be panicked about. If you polled everyone here, most of us would agree that Greta is being used by climate alarmists to provide shock value to their message, which they feel is not being heard otherwise. And finally if you polled everyone here, you'd find that no one is disputing that there are hypocrites among the climate "alarmists", much like there are hypocrites who love to engage in fear mongering in other issues as well. As with other issues, all it does is obscure the facts, because people just waste time arguing/insulting/fighting with one another. Any worthwhile message gets lost in the wash.

I commend you for having such a green lifestyle. If most would do the same, like with X, as well..... we'd all probably be a little better off.

I agree with the thought that many things we humans are doing are having an adverse effect on the environment. But that includes pollution as well. IMO, we can't just turn a blind eye to what's going on in ever increasing orders of magnitude. Like I said before, by and large we humans treat the environment as if it were a disposable plastic cup. Just toss it aside and don't worry about the future.... we won't be around for that.

Yes.... I also noticed that Greta flew back home instead of taking the same boat back. She could've flown both ways and delivered the same message. If anyone thinks we're going back to the days of Christopher Columbus sailing across the Atlantic in the name of the environment.... well.... there's not much to add to that.

My issue with Greta is not really with Greta, but with the many adults who in one way or another put her up there. It may have been a miscalculation by the alarmists, because by and large politicians don't like to get scolded. So Greta's scolding may have been "just a tad" over the top there. Now.... instead of having the politicians say "hey... she does have a point... we need to have more urgency on this", people are just talking about the appropriateness (or lack thereof) of Greta's message.

El Kabong Guest

Well... I'd have to point out that from that link you posted, 10 out of the top 15 years for number of named storms are from 2000 to the present... and there is an entry for the year 1887 in there, so..........

Regardless, going back some decades in my mind, it's my distinct impression that very active years have become all the more frequent. I know all about the El Niño climactic cycle theory, but it still doesn't explain how it seems every year now the storms get more and more frequent... as well as more and more severe.

I think if you polled everyone here, nobody would disagree that climate change is a normal behavior of the planet, and in as of itself nothing to be panicked about. If you polled everyone here, most of us would agree that Greta is being used by climate alarmists to provide shock value to their message, which they feel is not being heard otherwise. And finally if you polled everyone here, you'd find that no one is disputing that there are hypocrites among the climate "alarmists", much like there are hypocrites who love to engage in fear mongering in other issues as well. As with other issues, all it does is obscure the facts, because people just waste time arguing/insulting/fighting with one another. Any worthwhile message gets lost in the wash.

I commend you for having such a green lifestyle. If most would do the same, like with X, as well..... we'd all probably be a little better off.

I agree with the thought that many things we humans are doing are having an adverse effect on the environment. But that includes pollution as well. IMO, we can't just turn a blind eye to what's going on in ever increasing orders of magnitude. Like I said before, by and large we humans treat the environment as if it were a disposable plastic cup. Just toss it aside and don't worry about the future.... we won't be around for that.

Yes.... I also noticed that Greta flew back home instead of taking the same boat back. She could've flown both ways and delivered the same message. If anyone thinks we're going back to the days of Christopher Columbus sailing across the Atlantic in the name of the environment.... well.... there's not much to add to that.

My issue with Greta is not really with Greta, but with the many adults who in one way or another put her up there. It may have been a miscalculation by the alarmists, because by and large politicians don't like to get scolded. So Greta's scolding may have been "just a tad" over the top there. Now.... instead of having the politicians say "hey... she does have a point... we need to have more urgency on this", people are just talking about the appropriateness (or lack thereof) of Greta's message.
    Yeah "named storms" and the seasons with the most hurricanes are: 2005, 2010, 1969, 1887, 1950, 1998, 1995, 1933, 1915 and the seasons with the most MAJOR hurricanes is 1950 then 2005, 1999, 1996, 1964, 1961, 1955, 1926 and then the seasons with the highest Accumulated Cyclone Energy only have 2 years from this century in them, so again wouldn't those numbers be trending up? Notice 2010 is the only one this decade to make the list of the most hurricanes, 2011 the only other to make top for named storms....where's 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, etc IF we're having more storms and they are stronger. That list doesn't even go over the hurricanes which made landfall, I know the continental US went a long stretch of time without a major hurricane making landfall. Now I know the monetary damages are higher, and higher but that's due to more people living on the coast and having lavish houses on the beach and in my state on THE OUTER BANKS (morons!!! absolute MORONS!!!). The population on the coast and therefore all the crap people bring with them adds up and clean up is expensive no doubt. God forbid we get another Hazel! But we will, eventually just like Kansas or Iowa or Oklahoma or wherever will get another F-5 tornado and California will get another massive earthquake....this shit happens. I'm kind of expecting California to have another whopper, it's been since 1992 when they've had a 7.0+ quake...I don't wish it on them, but it's a matter of time.

Oh Greta doesn't fly anymore, but the members of her crew did. I feel bad for the girl to an extent, but she's 16 she's bound to get hip to the real issues in that whole group eventually. As for the "appropriateness" of Greta's message....dude, make no mistake, these are totalitarians, they will act by FORCE it never fails. I'm not saying Greta will be kicking down doors and adjusting thermostats with armed guards, but I AM saying she's the face of a group of people who are EAGER to do such.....ditto with the Chinese social credit program....it's on the way over here, Big Tech is all about it.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

Yeah "named storms" and the seasons with the most hurricanes are: 2005, 2010, 1969, 1887, 1950, 1998, 1995, 1933, 1915 and the seasons with the most MAJOR hurricanes is 1950 then 2005, 1999, 1996, 1964, 1961, 1955, 1926 and then the seasons with the highest Accumulated Cyclone Energy only have 2 years from this century in them, so again wouldn't those numbers be trending up? Notice 2010 is the only one this decade to make the list of the most hurricanes, 2011 the only other to make top for named storms....where's 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, etc IF we're having more storms and they are stronger. That list doesn't even go over the hurricanes which made landfall, I know the continental US went a long stretch of time without a major hurricane making landfall. Now I know the monetary damages are higher, and higher but that's due to more people living on the coast and having lavish houses on the beach and in my state on THE OUTER BANKS (morons!!! absolute MORONS!!!). The population on the coast and therefore all the crap people bring with them adds up and clean up is expensive no doubt. God forbid we get another Hazel! But we will, eventually just like Kansas or Iowa or Oklahoma or wherever will get another F-5 tornado and California will get another massive earthquake....this shit happens. I'm kind of expecting California to have another whopper, it's been since 1992 when they've had a 7.0+ quake...I don't wish it on them, but it's a matter of time.

Oh Greta doesn't fly anymore, but the members of her crew did. I feel bad for the girl to an extent, but she's 16 she's bound to get hip to the real issues in that whole group eventually. As for the "appropriateness" of Greta's message....dude, make no mistake, these are totalitarians, they will act by FORCE it never fails. I'm not saying Greta will be kicking down doors and adjusting thermostats with armed guards, but I AM saying she's the face of a group of people who are EAGER to do such.....ditto with the Chinese social credit program....it's on the way over here, Big Tech is all about it.

When I speak of hurricanes, I can only speak from personal experience. The first big, damaging hurricane I personally experienced was Hugo back in '89. Before then, hurricanes were rare (at least here), and hurricane seasons were fairly quiet. Before Hugo the last hurricane to hit Puerto Rico was back in the 50's, before my time, but well documented. Before that, there was one or two in the 30's. After Hugo, we got hit by Hortense in '96, Georges in '98, and a host of close calls or just plain tropical storms in ever increasing numbers until the double-whammy of Irma and Maria in 2017. This season, the never before experienced scenario of having 6 active tropical storm systems going at the same time (including the Pacific) occurred for the first time.

It used to be we could go years without thinking about the possibility of a hurricane. Those days are gone. Every year hurricane season is first and foremost on everyone's mind. And it's not just getting hammered by Maria. I'd say it's been an increasing trend since Hugo. Every year now we get a close call, or brushed by a storm or hurricane it seems. Every year.

I wish climate change wouldn't be one of those hot topics which automatically polarizes people to one magnetic pole or the other.... but unfortunately it is. I say unfortunate because it's such an IMPORTANT issue.... and yet the many truths just fall through the cracks in the midst of all the mindless bickering on both sides. It's the quintessential tug-of-war. Everyone's so busy pulling to opposite sides, nothing productive gets done, and at the end of it all everyone's just tired and fed up.
    Last edited by TitoFan; 09-27-2019 at 10:03 PM.

El Kabong Guest

I'm with you on Hugo only we got it as a Cat4.

I'll say this, you guys in PR are being hit a bit more often by bigger storms, but that's up to bad luck in weather patters and not man's impact on the climate.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

climate change is a scam. greta is mentally ill. nothing wrong with stating a fact. using children to push the fear mongering fraud is the worst. the climate is being manipulated. they have been playing with weather modification since the 30s. same as they did in vietnam, using the technology to make it rain an extra 3 months to try and give the usa an advantage
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    i have a Christmas present I am going to post to her ......

Attached Images
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    i have a Christmas present I am going to post to her ......

How DARE you?!

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    climate change is a scam. greta is mentally ill. nothing wrong with stating a fact. using children to push the fear mongering fraud is the worst. the climate is being manipulated. they have been playing with weather modification since the 30s. same as they did in vietnam, using the technology to make it rain an extra 3 months to try and give the usa an advantage
    There are still scientist writing on “global cooling” I don’t study the specifics on climate as it will do as it does and has been cyclical since the earth came about. Around the time of the American Revolution we were in, what the scientist say was a mini ice-age. Harsh winter prevented battles and put the guys at valley forge through hell. For many years now my area and many states around me keep breaking historical records for cold snaps and snow. I don’t judge the worlds climate by my area but scientist fit these brutal winters into the global warming model and it was more recently changed to climate change. I have no doubt we have an effect on climate change but it involves too many countries that just don’t give a shit. I don’t think we are too bad in the US. I see the EPA cracking down a lot of products once used for insect control now illegal which brought back the bed bug infestation in cities. It is a money making thing for a lot of people, I’m onehundred percent behind trying to keep things clean, I recycle have donated some money to areas cleaning lakes where fishing is possible again.

El Kabong Guest

WHERE

HAVE

I

HEARD

THIS

BEFORE?

El Kabong Guest

Snowstorm hits northern Rocky Mountains; Montana gets brunt
    https://apnews.com/018584920654411b8...source=Twitter

eR Mer GeRd mUh ClUmuTe cHeRnge!!!

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    @TIC what’s this with rain in Vietnam? I’ve read a lot about it never heard that one.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well..... this will be my 19,999th post... so might as well make it about climate.

Needless to say there's a whole gamut of opinions on climate change. If "climate alarmists" or doomsayers were at 100, and total (and defensive) climate deniers were at 1..... Saddo'ers (as well as the general public) would be all over the map. But let's put aside for a second what you may or may not think about climate change. Let's check our emotions at the door, sort to speak.

Is it wrong to want less environmental pollution? Is it wrong to want more renewable energy, given the advanced stage of our technology? Is it wrong to want to conserve the resources of our surroundings?

Why in the hell do people fight so much over this? I know, I know..... it's called special interests. The same special interests that cause the insane argument on just about every other sensitive, controversial issue. Shit.... it's like poking a healing scab on someone when you talk about these things. OUCH!!! WTF?!?

Regardless of what anyone thinks about the climate, or man's ability to change it, accelerate it, nudge it, or not at all...... why is protecting our environment such a "bad word?" I swear, aliens looking in at us through their super-duper surveillance would be rolling on the floor laughing at the human race. We can't seem to discuss ANYTHING without it becoming a totally polarized issue. We fucking RUN to the extremes and shoot spit-wads at the other side. Why?

It's not like we have to give up our way of life in order to embrace new technologies. Doesn't it bother anyone that there are patches of microplastics in the Pacific the size of Texas? Or did I just mention some Fake News? Someone please tell me, because like most mortals, I haven't flown over the Pacific to see it for myself. I depend on SOME sort of news to know what the hell is going on. I also haven't been to the Arctic to either confirm or debunk the claims about sea ice and polar melting.

Difference between me and an alarmist is that I don't go running off half-cocked shouting at the top of my lungs "the sky's falling... the sky's falling." I read..... I listen..... I watch..... and I try to practice discernment and a little common sense. On the other hand, I don't "knee-jerk condemn" any information that comes down the pipe concerning the environment. I believe the environment IS important.... and good practices are important because there's an ever-increasing number of people in the world.

Oh well.... that's a long enough rant. For 20k I'll try to make it about boxing.

Thread Information