Thread: martin murrays world title fight in feb

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hate super champions and diamond belts , u can make some sence of interim belts if a champion vacates a belt or gets stripped but even they annoy me somewhat, I was hoping a sturm rematch was on the cards

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think the majority of us that are fans and follow the sport reguraly know that most of the belts are pure nonsense. However fighters still seem to care about them and I think its because they view it as bettering their position and gaining more of an audience from the casual watcher as they seem to still place a lot of value on titles. Shits ridicilous though three world titelists in one division from the same org, I'm sure three isn't even the limit, there is probably five and six dudes out there holding "world" titles from the same org

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: martin murrays world title fight in feb

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn View Post
    My first thought was "it must be Quillin" but I've heard Golovkin will be elevated to 'Super' Champion and Martin will be fighting somebody for the WBA Regular Title. No idea who yet.
    daft
    You say that but Martin is WBA Interim Champion and Golovkin is WBA Champion. If you move Golovkin to Super Champion, Martin can fight for the Regular title and then that frees up the interim title for 2 others guys to fight for.

Nothing says clarity like 3 WBA Champions in 1 weightclass and if we look at it, deep down isn't that what we want in every division?

yeah course it is

usually tho im a bit sketchy on who is next in line for the interim title so there should really be 2 interim elimination champions, elimination champion A and elimination champion B, so the elimination champion A is decided first and then the elimination champion B and if something happens to the elminiation champion A then the Eliminatiom champion B becomes the elmination champion and then a couple of other guys fight for the elmination championship B

now if the elmination champion gets the chance to fight for the interim belt or the interim champ gets to fight for the real belt then that frees up the belts below and other world champion ship interim and elimination A and B fights are required

then if there is a fight for the normal belt all of the interim and elimination champions could be kept on gaurd just in case there is an injury or a pull out, if not then they could fight each other anyway

that would solve a lot of problems dont you think?
    Couldn't agree more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good call on Murray v fletcher , just seen it annoucend on sky that they fighting in monte Carlo febury 1st for a world tittle

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Martin Murray-Jarrod Fletcher Set For Feb. 1, Monte Carlo - Boxing News

Wow. How can the WBA saction a 'Super' Championship fight and a 'Regular' Title fight from the same division on the same night & the same card?

Props to @Fenster for giving us the opponent before it was even announced. Happy that Murray gets a chance but if he doesn't stop him he should forget about GGG.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just read it or heard it (can't remember). And as he was WBA no.3 it made sense.

Murray wont ever fight GGG now. That's the whole point of them splitting the titles. GGG must have a big name lined up already after this gimme. And with the WBA title, Murray has plenty of "big" fights available that will line the pockets and promote the WBA. Two for the price of one.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Thread Information