Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  23
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

View Poll Results: WHO wins on November 8th??

Voters
9. This poll is closed
  • Trump by landslide

1 11.11%
  • Hillary by landslide

1 11.11%
  • Trump by close vote

3 33.33%
  • Hillary by close vote (Trump cries foul)

4 44.44%
  • Other (please elaborate)

0 0%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: WHO wins on November 8th??

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: WHO wins on November 8th??

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    You don't understand charts and graphs when I do post them. We both know exposing you to facts and evidence just makes you angry and upset. Even on the rare occasions something does manage to land on the shelf they never stay there for anything more than a few days.

It looks like Trump is planning a massive economic stimulus programme. I'm just interested in getting your thoughts on a massive big government spending programme so that I can compare them to your 2009 views on the massive big government Obama spending programme that the GOP blocked?
    Trump is going to invest in the infrastructure of USA, which is a good thing, I hope he does not just give himself these contracts.
    It looks like he's going to try and privatise public buildings and structures.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You don't understand charts and graphs when I do post them. We both know exposing you to facts and evidence just makes you angry and upset. Even on the rare occasions something does manage to land on the shelf they never stay there for anything more than a few days.

It looks like Trump is planning a massive economic stimulus programme. I'm just interested in getting your thoughts on a massive big government spending programme so that I can compare them to your 2009 views on the massive big government Obama spending programme that the GOP blocked?
    Trump is going to invest in the infrastructure of USA, which is a good thing, I hope he does not just give himself these contracts.
    That is a bitch move because the money will go to the ultra rich which is him and his friends.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

So you're saying you can't back up your claims then? OK, I just wanted to be clear.

Ah you mean because Barack Obama failed to address infrastructure issues which he was specifically given funds for.....yeah, Trump will have to tidy up Obama's mess we all knew it was going to happen because Obama sure as fuck didn't do a damned thing about it even though he was given the money to. And if Trump doesn't accomplish it, then he's going to be on the hook for it.
    I already explained everything. It's just you can't understand it. Bigger shelf mate.

$478B Infrastructure Bill Blocked by Senate GOP

March 25, 2015

MOST POPULAR

Browser not supported. Visit <a href="http://www.270towin.com/">www.270towin.com</a>

Picture of the Day

It was another clear reminder of just how far apart the two parties are on any number of issues – including how to finance infrastructure spending.
    Senate Republicans defeated a Democratic amendment to the proposed 2016 budget on Tuesday. It was aimed at kick-starting negotiations between the White House and Congress over a new multi-year program for funding highway, bridge and other infrastructure projects.

$478B Infrastructure Bill Blocked by Senate GOP | The Fiscal Times

Well, on Tuesday, the Administration unveiled a four-year, $300-billion transportation bill. It included a 22% increase in highway funding, a 70% increase in transit funding, and a provision allowing states to put tolls on interstates. At a time when one in nine U.S. bridges are rated “structurally deficient,” and nearly half the public lacks access to public transit, it’s a pretty ambitious piece of legislation. And this is probably the first you’re hearing of it, because it got virtually no media attention.

It reflects the unspoken recognition that no matter how much Republicans say they care about infrastructure, they’re not going to accept any infrastructure proposals that come from President Barack Obama. They opposed his $50 billion “roads, rails and runways” proposal in 2010, and then again when it was expanded and incorporated into his American Jobs Act in 2011. They’ve blocked Obama’s plans for an infrastructure bank and a national high-speed rail network. They’ve also blocked Obama’s proposals for corporate tax reform, which is relevant, because the new GROW AMERICA Act depends on tax reform for much of its financing.

Barack Obama Floats Transportation Bill But Republican Balk

For example, just three years after the President proposed a $53 billion investment in high-speed rail —and got nothing out of Congress—he is now requesting just $5 billion.
    But that’s just a bow to political reality. Republicans say nice things about infrastructure but haven’t shown any interest in paying for it. As a result, the nation has failed to take advantage of historically low interest rates to invest more in our overcrowded airports, outdated railways and flimsy bridges. Through the stimulus and other programs, the Administration has helped promote a smart electric grid, a digitized health care system, and other investments that ought to be seen as infrastructure; spending billions of dollars on new concrete is not always the best approach to meeting the needs of a modern economy. Still, our national infrastructure—the traditional concrete kind as well as the new-fangled digital kind—clearly needs an upgrade. In 2013, the American Society of Civil Engineers gave it a D-plus. And that was an improvement over the last report card.
    Infrastructure advocates often complain that Obama hasn’t used his bully pulpit enough to push for an investment program. But he barnstormed the country for the American Jobs Act. He has talked about rebuilding America in every State of the Union address. His problem is not a lack of will or poor messaging. His problem is that he doesn’t have the votes. Republicans control the House, and they can block legislation in the Senate. If they were willing to pass an Obama infrastructure bill, then an Obama infrastructure bill might make news.

WASHINGTON -- Republicans in the Senate Thursday dealt President Barack Obama the third in a string of defeats on his stimulus-style jobs agenda, blocking a $60 billion measure for building and repairing infrastructure like roads and rail lines.
    Supporters of the failed measure said it would have created tens of thousands of construction jobs and lifted the still-struggling economy. But Republicans unanimously opposed it for its tax surcharge on the wealthy and spending totals they said were too high.

Senate GOP blocks Obama infrastructure plan | cleveland.com

and so on. Even if you were ever aware of this originally clearly it has long, long ago fallen off your little shelf.

But now it loks like the GOP are going to fund Trump's infrastructure plan. Do you still feel the same way about infrastructure spending that you did in 2009 or do you now think it's a good idea?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That is a bitch move because the money will go to the ultra rich which is him and his friends.

And guess who's going to get a big chunk of whatever money congress gives Trump? Wall Street.

They're going to take away healthcare from everybody over 65 as well. Currently that's all guaranteed for everybody like ours is. The GOP are going to start phasing it out. All those people who voted for Trump are going to find their Medicare and social security get decimated over the next four years.

The most recent (2015) version of the Medicare Phase Out plan comes from Rep. Tom Price (R-GA). He's now being considered to be Secretary of Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), which would oversee phasing out Medicare.
    Price just arrived at Trump Tower at about 3:20 PM.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/...care-phase-out

Rep. Tom Price (R-GA), the chairman of the budget committee, told reporters on Thursday that Republicans are eyeing major changes to Medicare in 2017.

Price, who is being floated as a possible Health and Human Services Secretary in the next administration, said that he expects Republican in the House to move on Medicare reforms "six to eight months" into the Trump administration.
    Privatization of Medicare has been a central feature of Speaker of the House Paul Ryan's budget proposal for years, and the House GOP has voted in favor of it multiple times. Ryan himself said last week that Medicare would be on the table in the new Congress, signaling it could be taken up early in the new year. Price's comments suggest privatization won't be part of the first round of legislative initiatives rolled out by the Trump administration and GOP-controlled Congress.
    Price also noted that Republicans are eyeing using a tactic known as budget reconciliation to make the change. That process allows Republicans to pass bills with a simple majority in the U.S. Senate.
    When asked by TPM about timing for changes to Medicare, Price said "I think that is probably in the second phase of reconciliation, which would have to be in the FY 18 budget resolution in the first 6-8 months."

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...erhaul-in-2017

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That's bullshit Kirk. You don't fuck with the over 60 crowd, to big of a voting block and aarp lobby among others @kirkland Lang you are full of shit

El Kabong Guest

With the 400,000 lobbyists he's installing in his cabinet? This melt down of yours is a beautiful thing to witness.

As for $478B Infrastructure Bill Blocked by Senate GOP...Obama already wasted over $380 billion on "infrastructure spending" was that not enough? Did Wittle Barry need more How much more? Just that near $500 billion or did he want to add on more after that as well? And pray tell how would President Obama suggest paying for all of that....or do you only care about deficits when a Republican is in office?

A $53 billion investment in high-speed rail....yeah because there's nothing Americans love more than riding trains

If the Congressional Republicans blocked all of this stuff then where were the blockades to it in Obama's first two years in office when the Democrats held majorities in both the House and Senate

You are just spiraling out of control here Kirk....it's hilarious to watch, but I do worry. You take care of yourself

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

With the 400,000 lobbyists he's installing in his cabinet? This melt down of yours is a beautiful thing to witness.

As for $478B Infrastructure Bill Blocked by Senate GOP...Obama already wasted over $380 billion on "infrastructure spending" was that not enough? Did Wittle Barry need more How much more? Just that near $500 billion or did he want to add on more after that as well? And pray tell how would President Obama suggest paying for all of that....or do you only care about deficits when a Republican is in office?

A $53 billion investment in high-speed rail....yeah because there's nothing Americans love more than riding trains

If the Congressional Republicans blocked all of this stuff then where were the blockades to it in Obama's first two years in office when the Democrats held majorities in both the House and Senate

You are just spiraling out of control here Kirk....it's hilarious to watch, but I do worry. You take care of yourself
    If I'm having a meltdown then less than twelve hours after Barack Hussein Obama was elected president in 2008 you melted into a puddle. The puddle has since melted so comprehensively that you've turned into antimatter and eventually become your own Obama-shaped, uh, black hole. I have yet, Lyle, to start a single thread containing hundreds of posts criticising Trump. I have yet to post an anti-Trump video. I reckon I'm about a couple of thousand posts and about two million videos behind you. If I ever start criticising Trump at the levels you've spent the last eight years criticising Obama then you can fairly characterise it as a meltdown. A few posts referencing newsworthy items to do with the election aftermath probably doesn't count.

As far as the lobbyist thing goes. The White House is being staffed with 4000 people. Look at the people in charge of the recruiting:

The behind-the-scenes transition operation is being run by Ron Nichol, a senior partner at The Boston Group, a lobbying and management consulting firm where 2012 Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney launched his business career.

Ken Blackwell...senior fellow at the Family Research Council...Veteran agribusiness lobbyist Michael Torrey...Energy industry lobbyist Mike McKenna...David Bernhardt...represents mining companies seeking to use resources on federal lands...Lobbyist Steven Hart, who focuses on tax and employee benefits, is leading the transition team for the Labor Department.
    Cindy Hayden...top lobbyist for Altria, the parent company of cigarette-maker Philip Morris...Homeland Security Department. Jeff Eisenach, a consultant and former lobbyist...Federal Communications Commission....Michael Korbey...former lobbyist who led President George W. Bush's effort to privatize America's retirement system....Shirley Ybarra...champion of "public-private partnerships" to build toll roads and bridges....Myron Ebell...man-made global warming is a hoax...David Malpass...Bear Stearns' chief economist...Dan DiMicco...former chief executive of steel company NUCOR and a board member at Duke Energy...Former Rep. Mike Rogers...serves on boards for consulting firms IronNet Cybersecurity and Next Century Corp.
    Kevin O'Connor...partner at the law firm of close Trump adviser Rudy Giuliani...Jim Carafano...Heritage Foundation's vice president for Foreign and Defense Policy Studies...retired Lt. Gen. Keith Kellogg...chief operating officer for Coalition Provisional Authority in Iraq...Mira Ricardel...vice president of business development for Boeing Strategic Missile & Defense Systems.

Trump relies on Washington insiders to build administration

A bunch of lobbyists and/or crony capitalists tied to firms that do billions of dollars of business with the federal government. People are policy Lyle. They're going to be employing their brethren and it's going to be business as usual.

If Trump asks fora trillion dollars for infrastructure spending is he going to be wasting the money too? Can we clarify for future reference that any kind of infrastructure spending is a waste of money and needs to be fully funded and can't be deficit spending?

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have yet, Lyle, to start a single thread containing hundreds of posts criticising Trump. I have yet to post an anti-Trump video. I reckon I'm about a couple of thousand posts and about two million videos behind you. If I ever start criticising Trump at the levels you've spent the last eight years criticising Obama then you can fairly characterise it as a meltdown.

I'm gonna briefly interject in order to state my total agreement with the above.

El Kabong Guest

Oh the Associated Press...http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/08/us...race-call.html That AP? https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...y-was-looking/ That one?

Hey if Trump does "business as usual" then he won't be in office very long will he? The crowd that voted, the angry mob who quietly went to the polls, pulled the lever for Trump despite being called every name in the book while they did it, they aren't going to just sit back and say "Well go to work Trump" unlike with Barack Obama there will be accountability here. The people are going to get their way...Trump or someone else will be the one to give them that and there will ALWAYS be a someone else.

Trump isn't the leader of the movement that brought him to the White House, don't forget that.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am happily drinking kirklands tears. The tears of the sjws are like victory to me. Praise glorious leader emperor trump

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh the Associated Press...http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/08/us...race-call.html That AP? https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...y-was-looking/ That one?

Hey if Trump does "business as usual" then he won't be in office very long will he? The crowd that voted, the angry mob who quietly went to the polls, pulled the lever for Trump despite being called every name in the book while they did it, they aren't going to just sit back and say "Well go to work Trump" unlike with Barack Obama there will be accountability here. The people are going to get their way...Trump or someone else will be the one to give them that and there will ALWAYS be a someone else.

Trump isn't the leader of the movement that brought him to the White House, don't forget that.
    To counter that though I will argue that though Trump is unusual, he has done it by being a Republican. It's the same old 2 party system and the Republicans are mostly a bunch of corrupt tossers. There won't be another counter culture opportunity for the Republicans or the Democrats as these are two are two sides of the same coin and once Trump is through they will rig it better next time out. I have a hard time seeing a 3rd party rise and really that's what America needs. Jill Stein had really good policies, but she was ignored because she wasn't one of the big two or a celebrity billionaire. If Trump messes up he needs to be held accountable, but to be replaced by what? There is nothing. You have serious issues and judging by the way Trump is trying to finance things the black hole of debt is going to rise exponentially. Then the next crash will come. It's not looking good. It's a shame left and right won't unite in the common interest that is the security and future of America. The same problems are there and are very obvious, but nobody seems to be concerned about that, instead it's about blaming the other 'side'. Kind of daft really.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's a factual article Lyle. It's not opinion. It's a fact that Trump has appointed all those people to head up various departments in the White House.

Insurgent Trump taps GOP insiders, lobbyists for transition - POLITICO

Look. Even more lobbyists.

Trump really is the leader of that movement. Take Trump away and you just have standard issue GOP corporate servant politicians to vote for. There's still a chance he could do OK Lyle but it's not looking too good. Huge tax cuts and giveaways for Wall Street and big business, it's looking like a standard GOP administration but on steroids. Let's see what he actually does regarding trade and bringing jobs back to America.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    I am happily drinking kirklands tears. The tears of the sjws are like victory to me. Praise glorious leader emperor trump

http://www.saddoboxing.com/boxingfor...ml#post1374347

Back when Trump was talking about cracking down on Wall Street and big business, bringing jobs back to America and pushing up American wages I was right behind him. But cracking down on Wall Street turned into scrapping all regulation brought in since 2008 which guarantees if nothing else another 2008-style meltdown. Since then Trump has gone pro-corporation on everything except, possibly, trade. Even his infrastructure plan looks like being a big corporate giveaway. So I'm not so supportive mow.

El Kabong Guest

It's a factual article Lyle. It's not opinion. It's a fact that Trump has appointed all those people to head up various departments in the White House.

Insurgent Trump taps GOP insiders, lobbyists for transition - POLITICO

Look. Even more lobbyists.

Trump really is the leader of that movement. Take Trump away and you just have standard issue GOP corporate servant politicians to vote for. There's still a chance he could do OK Lyle but it's not looking too good. Huge tax cuts and giveaways for Wall Street and big business, it's looking like a standard GOP administration but on steroids. Let's see what he actually does regarding trade and bringing jobs back to America.
    I'm reading POTENTIAL picks and CANDIDATES for this and that, who is locked in?

http://www.saddoboxing.com/boxingfor...ml#post1374347

Back when Trump was talking about cracking down on Wall Street and big business, bringing jobs back to America and pushing up American wages I was right behind him. But cracking down on Wall Street turned into scrapping all regulation brought in since 2008 which guarantees if nothing else another 2008-style meltdown. Since then Trump has gone pro-corporation on everything except, possibly, trade. Even his infrastructure plan looks like being a big corporate giveaway. So I'm not so supportive mow.
    OR you were always for Hillary or you just don't care because you and "all the smartest guys in the room" back both candidates because you're soooo super smart and wealthy

Thread Information