Cool Clicks

Default Re: George Floyd murdered by cops

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Wait aren’t we waiting on the trial to finish and the jury to make the call. If the jury does not deliver a guilty verdict are we gonna burn shit down? Does the jury have access to facts we don’t or do we use Twitter to make these calls. I’m mean we kinda know how the Twitter algorithms lean. If he is guilty he is guilty. If not guilty he is not guilty. Damn there is always the hung jury right, to we burn shit down if the jury can’t agree to a verdict and he is tried again or do we wait till he’s tried again snd see. Shit if he is guilty we burn shit in happiness like a World Series win. I guess in that regard it a win win. As long as shit burns. Fuck me, Twitter. It’s like a poison. Keep feeding people the shit the they agree with.

"If he is guilty he is guilty. If not guilty he is not guilty."

Insightful.

Yeah I know. The justice system... due process... presumption of innocence unless proven guilty... blah, blah, blah.

Thousands upon thousands of public funds spent in a weeks-long trial... of a case where half a dozen cameras were pointed at the murder from several different vantage points.

Cameras with sound, whose videos clearly show Floyd pleading "I can't breathe!" over and over... until he stops breathing.

In the Court of TitoFan, the process would go something like this:

"Has the jury seen every video submitted as evidence?"

"Has the medical examiner determined the exact cause of death?"

"Was Floyd already dead when Chauvin put his knee on Floyd's neck?"

"Ok. Jury... go huddle for half an hour... and come back with your guilty verdict... so I can pass sentence and go home. I have a Minnesota Timberwolves game I gotta watch tonight."
    Due process blah blah blah. I’m just saying we are almost at the end. Now everyone on twatter is a lawyer. I made my views clear a while back. Will you accept the juries verdict regardless or do you think you know better if you disagree with the outcome. Did you convict the guy 100%

Honest answer? No.

I won't accept the jury's verdict if he's found not guilty.

Nothing I can do about it... but I won't accept it.

Will I personally riot? Hell no.

Do I think riots would be warranted if Chauvin gets off on some technicality or the jury's blind, deaf, and dumb? Sure... why not.

It is what it is. Had there been no video, Chauvin would be walking the streets today, probably as a cop having served a suspension.

Even with videos from every angle, we're still watching a weeks-old trial.

Justice is important. But mockery of justice is not a good thing.
    Well that’s fine. I think it looked like murder. But I don’t have all the facts. A video yeah. Would I say someone is 100% guilty by that, no, there may be more evidence that needs to be looked at. For all I know it may make the cop look worse. Maybe not though. It may be blah blah blah but I’ll take to due process thing when available

How many more facts do you need? At this point you're just regurgitating the standard answer to all crimes where it should be a slam dunk but are dragged anyway in the name of "justice." It's why criminals are more brazen in their acts even when they know they're being filmed (aka.. Chauvin)..... because they know that blah blah blah is going to buy them some time until they get off on a technicality.

If you're fine with that, you're totally within your rights.
    Have you ever not been able to breathe? Did you ever tell someone “I can’t breathe” when you couldn’t? I worked at restaurants when I was in school, did the hiemlic once on a customer my boss did it to another. It was a steak house, the poor bastards were choking on steak. I’ll tell you they could note talk. I wonder about that. Maybe we should just shoot the cop though ship the trial

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/04/12/u...egy/index.html

"Derek Chauvin's defense is using these 3 arguments to try to get an acquittal in George Floyd's death"

First off, I apologize in advance. This being a CNN article and all. I know CNN is the devil incarnate... and nothing they say is accurate and unbiased.

In my defense, this appears to be an informational article, merely stating the 3 arguments being used by Chauvin's defense team. You could probably gather as much by watching the telecast of the trial.

Ok... now on to the defense arguments:

"The defense's primary argument is that Floyd's death was not due to Chauvin's actions but happened for other medical reasons. The defense has emphasized Floyd's drug use, his initial resistance to officers and his preexisting heart problems."

As a juror, I wouldn't give a flying fuck WHAT underlying conditions Floyd had. He could've been well on his way to dying the following DAY of a heart attack while lying on his bed, pumped up on drugs. The unadorned fact of the matter is that Chauvin's actions directly resulted (even as an additional factor) in Floyd's death. End of story. You don't let a murderer off the hook because his victim just happened to have a terminal illness and would've died soon anyway. It's a bullshit defense.

Next...

"This theory argues that police use of force can look horrifying on bystander video, but that it's a necessary part of the job for police officers."

Wha?? Police use of force (even resulting in death) is unattractive... but it's a necessary part of the job of police officers?? Dayam... this one's even worse than the first one. "It's ok folks. Police brutality looks terrible... but it's a necessary part of the job. Sort of a blank check, if you will. Move on... nothing to see here." More bullshit.

Next...

"A third defense theory is that bystanders who frantically called for Chauvin to get off Floyd were potential threats and distracted him from caring for Floyd."

This one's my personal favorite. Probably one of the still hazy facts and blah blah blah that @walrus is now so fond of mentioning. Unfortunately for the defense and for Chauvin, there's even a BODY CAM video pointed directly at the bystanders (presumably from one of the cops, maybe even Chauvin himself) which if anything show a lack of action (just pleading) by bystanders as a human being is being murdered right in front of their unbelieving faces.

Potential threats?? HAHAHAHAHA!! This one alone should provide a moment of levity and humor as the trial wraps up its pathetic run. Yeah... Chauvin looked really threatened as he glared back at the cell phones with that White Supremacist, smug, "WTF you gonna do about it" look on his face. His facial expressions and body language alone would be enough for me to throw the book at him.

This is all bullshit. Chauvin needs to quickly be found guilty of the most serious charges leveled against him... and the judge needs to hand out an appropriately harsh sentence. One that will send a clear message to these lousy, rotten apple, racist cops that their power trips are not welcome and will be met with the entire weight of the law.

Anything short of that would be a travesty of justice.

P.S. - blah blah blah

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wait aren’t we waiting on the trial to finish and the jury to make the call. If the jury does not deliver a guilty verdict are we gonna burn shit down? Does the jury have access to facts we don’t or do we use Twitter to make these calls. I’m mean we kinda know how the Twitter algorithms lean. If he is guilty he is guilty. If not guilty he is not guilty. Damn there is always the hung jury right, to we burn shit down if the jury can’t agree to a verdict and he is tried again or do we wait till he’s tried again snd see. Shit if he is guilty we burn shit in happiness like a World Series win. I guess in that regard it a win win. As long as shit burns. Fuck me, Twitter. It’s like a poison. Keep feeding people the shit the they agree with.

Insightful.

Yeah I know. The justice system... due process... presumption of innocence unless proven guilty... blah, blah, blah.

Thousands upon thousands of public funds spent in a weeks-long trial... of a case where half a dozen cameras were pointed at the murder from several different vantage points.

Cameras with sound, whose videos clearly show Floyd pleading "I can't breathe!" over and over... until he stops breathing.

"Ok. Jury... go huddle for half an hour... and come back with your guilty verdict... so I can pass sentence and go home. I have a Minnesota Timberwolves game I gotta watch tonight."
    Due process blah blah blah. I’m just saying we are almost at the end. Now everyone on twatter is a lawyer. I made my views clear a while back. Will you accept the juries verdict regardless or do you think you know better if you disagree with the outcome. Did you convict the guy 100%

Honest answer? No.

Do I think riots would be warranted if Chauvin gets off on some technicality or the jury's blind, deaf, and dumb? Sure... why not.

It is what it is. Had there been no video, Chauvin would be walking the streets today, probably as a cop having served a suspension.

Well that’s fine. I think it looked like murder. But I don’t have all the facts. A video yeah. Would I say someone is 100% guilty by that, no, there may be more evidence that needs to be looked at. For all I know it may make the cop look worse. Maybe not though. It may be blah blah blah but I’ll take to due process thing when available

How many more facts do you need? At this point you're just regurgitating the standard answer to all crimes where it should be a slam dunk but are dragged anyway in the name of "justice." It's why criminals are more brazen in their acts even when they know they're being filmed (aka.. Chauvin)..... because they know that blah blah blah is going to buy them some time until they get off on a technicality.

Have you ever not been able to breathe? Did you ever tell someone “I can’t breathe” when you couldn’t? I worked at restaurants when I was in school, did the hiemlic once on a customer my boss did it to another. It was a steak house, the poor bastards were choking on steak. I’ll tell you they could note talk. I wonder about that. Maybe we should just shoot the cop though ship the trial

OMG you're right!

Floyd should've told Chauvin.... "My breathing is being severely restricted due to the undue pressure you're applying to my neck with your knee, thus partially blocking my air passages."

Genius!

Chauvin should've hired you instead.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/04/12/u...egy/index.html

"Derek Chauvin's defense is using these 3 arguments to try to get an acquittal in George Floyd's death"

First off, I apologize in advance. This being a CNN article and all. I know CNN is the devil incarnate... and nothing they say is accurate and unbiased.

In my defense, this appears to be an informational article, merely stating the 3 arguments being used by Chauvin's defense team. You could probably gather as much by watching the telecast of the trial.

Ok... now on to the defense arguments:

"The defense's primary argument is that Floyd's death was not due to Chauvin's actions but happened for other medical reasons. The defense has emphasized Floyd's drug use, his initial resistance to officers and his preexisting heart problems."

As a juror, I wouldn't give a flying fuck WHAT underlying conditions Floyd had. He could've been well on his way to dying the following DAY of a heart attack while lying on his bed, pumped up on drugs. The unadorned fact of the matter is that Chauvin's actions directly resulted (even as an additional factor) in Floyd's death. End of story. You don't let a murderer off the hook because his victim just happened to have a terminal illness and would've died soon anyway. It's a bullshit defense.

Next...

"This theory argues that police use of force can look horrifying on bystander video, but that it's a necessary part of the job for police officers."

Wha?? Police use of force (even resulting in death) is unattractive... but it's a necessary part of the job of police officers?? Dayam... this one's even worse than the first one. "It's ok folks. Police brutality looks terrible... but it's a necessary part of the job. Sort of a blank check, if you will. Move on... nothing to see here." More bullshit.

Next...

"A third defense theory is that bystanders who frantically called for Chauvin to get off Floyd were potential threats and distracted him from caring for Floyd."

This one's my personal favorite. Probably one of the still hazy facts and blah blah blah that @walrus is now so fond of mentioning. Unfortunately for the defense and for Chauvin, there's even a BODY CAM video pointed directly at the bystanders (presumably from one of the cops, maybe even Chauvin himself) which if anything show a lack of action (just pleading) by bystanders as a human being is being murdered right in front of their unbelieving faces.

Potential threats?? HAHAHAHAHA!! This one alone should provide a moment of levity and humor as the trial wraps up its pathetic run. Yeah... Chauvin looked really threatened as he glared back at the cell phones with that White Supremacist, smug, "WTF you gonna do about it" look on his face. His facial expressions and body language alone would be enough for me to throw the book at him.

This is all bullshit. Chauvin needs to quickly be found guilty of the most serious charges leveled against him... and the judge needs to hand out an appropriately harsh sentence. One that will send a clear message to these lousy, rotten apple, racist cops that their power trips are not welcome and will be met with the entire weight of the law.

Anything short of that would be a travesty of justice.

P.S. - blah blah blah
    Oh you can say blah blah blah I just find it funny when attached to the legal system

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Insightful.

Honest answer? No.

OMG you're right!

Floyd should've told Chauvin.... "My breathing is being severely restricted due to the undue pressure you're applying to my neck with your knee, thus partially blocking my air passages."

Genius!

No, just a question that’s all. Had I not seen people choking I wouldn’t have thought of it. Doesn’t mean at some point he lost the ability to breathe. I’m not trying to prove the cop innocent, as I said he looked guilty to me, I just wouldn’t make the call with the info I have.
    Last edited by walrus; 04-18-2021 at 05:27 PM.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Insightful.

Honest answer? No.

OMG you're right!

Genius!

No, just a question that’s all. Had I not seen people choking I wouldn’t have thought of it. Doesn’t mean at some point he lost the ability to breathe.

The prosecution rests. Time for a beer.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Insightful.

Honest answer? No.

OMG you're right!

Genius!

No, just a question that’s all. Had I not seen people choking I wouldn’t have thought of it. Doesn’t mean at some point he lost the ability to breathe.

I always go when I get called for jury duty. I think I’ve gone four times. You bring a book and you sit all day as they call people individually for interviews. I would let them know outright how I feel about cops and the system in generally without getting myself some contempt charges hopefully but I would not want the responsibility of casting judgement when it has such life altering consequences on people. I don’t know if I could be completely impartial. Thus far I’ve never made it in for an interview. But I did sit there from 8a-4p. They give you donuts and coffee it’s not horrible but tbh everyone there seems a bit miserable.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Insightful.

Honest answer? No.

OMG you're right!

Genius!

I always go when I get called for jury duty. I think I’ve gone four times. You bring a book and you sit all day as they call people individually for interviews. I would let them know outright how I feel about cops and the system in generally without getting myself some contempt charges hopefully but I would not want the responsibility of casting judgement when it has such life altering consequences on people. I don’t know if I could be completely impartial. Thus far I’ve never made it in for an interview. But I did sit there from 8a-4p. They give you donuts and coffee it’s not horrible but tbh everyone there seems a bit miserable.

Yeah jury duty's not easy. I've never been called... but I'm pretty sure I'd fail the impartiality test somewhere along the line. If I was included in a case like Floyd's, I'd probably end up alienating any fellow juror who wanted to see 3D videos or nanotechnology microscope evidence before making up his/her mind.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Insightful.

Honest answer? No.

OMG you're right!

Genius!

Yeah jury duty's not easy. I've never been called... but I'm pretty sure I'd fail the impartiality test somewhere along the line. If I was included in a case like Floyd's, I'd probably end up alienating any fellow juror who wanted to see 3D videos or nanotechnology microscope evidence before making up his/her mind.
    Yup, and you would have to deal with the guilty before they heard everything people as well.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And wtf does one do with that female cop who grabbed her firearm instead of her taser? What a fucking mess that is. Obviously she shouldn’t be a cop and face charges but what is that. Or is she lying and intentionally did that. It’s on film.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And wtf does one do with that female cop who grabbed her firearm instead of her taser? What a fucking mess that is. Obviously she shouldn’t be a cop and face charges but what is that. Or is she lying and intentionally did that. It’s on film.

Puts the whole cop training topic into a very scary perspective. What can you expect from a police force that puts out officers who can't even tell a taser from a firearm (or so she said) and end up fatally shooting somebody.

In the book of excuses... this one's pretty original, but atrocious and pathetic all at the same time.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Insightful.

Honest answer? No.

OMG you're right!

Genius!

Had you been on Cole's jury, ribs & chicken fingers!
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maxine Waters has really fucked it up now.

Lord have mercy. This is gonna get good.

Oh but it was Trump who incited a riot 😕🤭

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    Maxine Waters has really fucked it up now.

Lord have mercy. This is gonna get good.

Oh but it was Trump who incited a riot 😕🤭

Nothing but silence from the Maxine Waters Fan Club.

Wait..... THERE ISN'T ONE!!

So now that we've agreed that Waters fucked up, as she's prone to do... let's address the other issues.

First... for Judge Peter Cahill to say Chauvin's trial may be overturned because of idiot Maxine's comments is even more idiotic and just plain WRONG.

WTF does a murder trial have to do with one politician's unfortunate slips of the tongue?

The jury is supposed to be isolated from the news and only focused on what's going on in front of them.

If fucking Cahill has the trial overturned based on this bullshit... the resulting riots are on HIM.

Oh... and your "Trumpian logic"..... par for the course.

Maxine is a moron who is inciting violence.... so that somehow automatically lets the Inciter-In-Chief off the hook for inciting the January 6th insurrection.

Precious...

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gotta say on the way home I was listening to the radio they were playing closing arguments. It was late like 4:20p or so only heard part of the prosecutions close. I think he came across pretty well. Prob heard the last quarter of it so can’t really say too much other than what I heard was quite powerful. I would have liked to hear more of the trial. It just seems the reporting on the case is slanted one way or another. Good to just hear the direct going ons.

Yes Waters is crazy, she should just chill.

Thread Information