Thread: Brandon Rios vs. Mike Alvarado II - Saturday night fight/chat thread

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Brandon Rios vs. Mike Alvarado II - Saturday night fight/chat thread

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    Fucking stupid goddamn throttled wifi on this stupid fucking goddamn boat caused me to miss yet another awesome fight. Can someone PM me a link to the fight when it shows up online?
    You have a boat Lucky shit. Missed a great fight.
    I wish I had a goddamn boat. I've been taking the ferry back and forth from my home town and where I live now because my Grandpa is dying of cancer (and fairly regularly before that because we often go back to visit friends/family). It fucking ALWAYS causes me to miss great fights.
    Check your PM's

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Brandon Rios vs. Mike Alvarado II - Saturday night fight/chat thread

I was at the fight. Sat next to a cool cat from Manchester. Great night, hell yeah, now how do I get outta Easter Mass tomorrow because this dude is faded

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DannyV297 View Post
    I was at the fight. Sat next to a cool cat from Manchester. Great night, hell yeah, now how do I get outta Easter Mass tomorrow because this dude is faded
    Easy. Don't go

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    So I guess all you "haters" who believe that Rios is massively overrated will have a field day in the morning.
    Rios is a bit limited, but I don't think anyone can really call him overrated. He'd be a handful for any boxer and I love watching him fight. For what it's worth, I think he'd punish Marquez (blasphemy, I know). And I like the fact that he speaks his mind, even if he does come across as an asshole sometimes. That's one thing that is great about boxing, that the fighters tend to show their personality. I'll take that over the canned, cliched approach of other athletes.
    Last edited by CFH; 03-31-2013 at 07:47 AM.

LouEVIL, Kentucky "birthplace of Cassius Clay"
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

rios is a douche. headbutted all night. was a sore loser. he is a warrior though.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

so Rios got his second loss...cool

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by #1FightFan View Post
    rios is a douche. headbutted all night. was a sore loser. he is a warrior though.
    Anyone who would be happy about losing that fight is a moron.
    I get pissed during post fight interviews, everyone expects a calm, reasoned and insightful answer from someone who was fighting five minutes earlier. You are not going to get that from a person like Rios, who runs on emotion.
    I can put up with some colorful language and bravado after I've seen fight like that one.
    I'm not sure I'd want to be the winner of that fight either, Alvarado looked like he'd been in a fight with three guys. Man, what a war!
    Teddy Atlas picked Rios to win. Teddy's endorsement is like the kiss of death.
    How can you talk about head butts, when these two were banging heads all nite? They didn't start throwing punches, half the time, until they banged foreheads. When that much infighting is happening head butts are going to happen.
    Last edited by beenKOed; 03-31-2013 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Head butts

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by #1FightFan View Post
    Anyone who would be happy about losing that fight is a moron.
    I get pissed during post fight interviews, everyone expects a calm, reasoned and insightful answer from someone who was fighting five minutes earlier. You are not going to get that from a person like Rios, who runs on emotion.
    I can put up with some colorful language and bravado after I've seen fight like that one.
    I'm not sure I'd want to be the winner of that fight either, Alvarado looked like he'd been in a fight with three guys. Man, what a war!
    Teddy Atlas picked Rios to win. Teddy's endorsement is like the kiss of death.
    Good post @beenKOed - fights like this one are good for boxing, I hope we get to see the trilogy by the end of the year. Chances are we will since HBO lost so many pugs to Showtime.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Had that fight been 15, I'm not sure Alvarado makes it to the final bell. Rios looked like he could have fought 25.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Rios is what he is and yes, he is limited! He's a warrior and lives and fights in the moment but ffs he's not some solo savior of a warriors creed. I think his style and 15 minutes have caught up to him.

Congrats to Mike Alvarado! He made the adjustments, he slugged with Rios and he boxed him when he needed and did it well. He earned the night and boxing damn sure needs fighters like him just as much as a brash lead with your chin and mouth Brandon Rios. Rios is a case of not knowing when to shut up, even in defeat. Alvarado is every bit the warrior.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Rios is what he is and yes, he is limited! He's a warrior and lives and fights in the moment but ffs he's not some solo savior of a warriors creed. I think his style and 15 minutes have caught up to him.

Congrats to Mike Alvarado! He made the adjustments, he slugged with Rios and he boxed him when he needed and did it well. He earned the night and boxing damn sure needs fighters like him just as much as a brash lead with your chin and mouth Brandon Rios. Rios is a case of not knowing when to shut up, even in defeat. Alvarado is every bit the warrior.
    Respect to Alvarado, he fought his heart out.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Both warriors. It was an awesome fight. If Rios thinks he won he is an idiot though. He fell for the slip of the shoulder then the right hand all night. He wasn't robbed, he was beaten and hopefully he watches the tape and sees the fight for what it was. Great fight though, and respect to both men for putting on a fucking great show for the fans. More fights like this please.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Had that fight been 15, I'm not sure Alvarado makes it to the final bell. Rios looked like he could have fought 25.
    I had the same feeling, Alvarado looked like he was beginning to fade a couple of times, but he keep roaring back. A couple of pit bulls with all the heart in the world, fighting until pulled apart because they can't or don't know how to do anything else. Impressive!!

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    I have it a draw

You and Rios. That was no draw. Alvarado schooled a very limited 1 dimensional fighter for at least 7 rounds. Rios has no plan B, no class, no respect for boxing. Alvarado is by no means the best boxer at the weight but he made Rios look like the clown he is. He can't come in on weight, can't admit it when he loses. What's to admire the fact that he is willing to be someones punch bag?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is this fight going to come on box nation?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information