Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Holyfields chances?

How do you guys think Holyfield will go on against Valuev in 2 weeks? I have no doubt that in his prime he would have totally schooled him but he's a good 12 years removed from his prime (at least) and he didn't look anything like a valid challenger to Ibragimov last year. On the plus side Valuev has never impressed me at all and is basically just ducking the Klitschko brothers at the moment so I can't see him really hurting the real deal. I see a UD for Valuev but if Holyfield can get inside his massive reach I think he might just cause a few problems!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Holyfields chances?

Holyfield is shot and should be taken away by men in white coats and locked up for his own protection.

He is completely delusional.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Holyfield has a good shot of getting seriously hurt here.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Evander Holyfield is my favorite fighter of all time..The man was a total inspiration and epitome of a modern day gladiator and warrior, the man was PFP#1 heart in boxing history and was a genuine throw back.

With that being said and it pains me to say that Evander has no chance at all, not 1 unless Valuev gets injured and loses by tko.. Evander can get inside easily I think and was a superb inside fighter in his prime, but he dosent have the workrate to sustain an attack.. I really hope Evander stops now.. I was rooting for him big time when he came back 2 years ago against bates and strung together a few wins against some ham N eggers, but now he needs to stop, I dont think he can be effective anymore..

Imo as weak as Valuev is as a champ, I still would consider it a monumental upset if Evander wins, just because of how old he is. Fortunatly for Holy is if he turns back the clock i wouldnt have to get wound back to far to beat big Nic..

Also yes I will be rooting for Evander as usual and will try my damnest to watch the fight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Same here Evander is one of my favorite fighter's of all time. IT does ill me to see that he is still fighting on and at such an older age. George Foreman made a comeback after a ten exile from the sport. Commander Vander has been fighting throughout with no break except in the last few years. I sure hope he could pull an upset but I do highly doubt it. I hope he does not get hurt and retire if he losses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"Evander Holyfield is my favorite fighter of all time..The man was a total inspiration and epitome of a modern day gladiator and warrior, the man was PFP#1 heart in boxing history and was a genuine throw back.

With that being said and it pains me to say that Evander has no chance at all, not 1 unless Valuev gets injured and loses by tko.. Evander can get inside easily I think and was a superb inside fighter in his prime, but he dosent have the workrate to sustain an attack.. I really hope Evander stops now.. I was rooting for him big time when he came back 2 years ago against bates and strung together a few wins against some ham N eggers, but now he needs to stop, I dont think he can be effective anymore.."

Its a shame the man has to do this, he should be training up and comers, a wealth of Knowledge in that head of his. His only fighting to pay for his loose moral lifestyle, I don't think he even thinks he has a chance, its just another pay check.

ICB Guest

The last fight i saw of Evander Holyfield's was his fight against Lou Savarese, other than that i haven't really followed his comeback. Because its not worth it.

He shouldn't be in the ring he could get hurt and he is way past his sell by date at 46. But his ring age is probably about 50+ with all the wars he has been in. No offense but its ridiculous over half of his losses are in this decade, he is tarnishing his legacy by keep coming back and losing to fighters.

He would of destroyed in his prime, i realize he needs the money. But what the hell did he do with all his money ? he was getting huge paychecks when he was champion in the early 90s. Not forgetting his huge fights with Mike Tyson/Lennox Lewis.

He obviously hasn't been wise with his money which is sad, and what is even more sadder is that his last real good performance was in the rematch with Lennox Lewis, which was in 1999.

I hope Evander Holyfield wins but i won't be watching the fight, because im a fan of Evander Holyfield for his past achievements. And i would hate watching him lose to that circus freak.
    Last edited by ICB; 12-04-2008 at 02:10 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post
    Holyfield has a good shot of getting seriously hurt here.
    Yep, he ain't hard to hit and a 23 stone guy, slow as he is, has a lot of weight behind them punches when he catches you.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Wqz_uf2rImE

I'm sure he(Holyfield)don't want too many of these
    Last edited by Kel; 12-04-2008 at 04:21 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

think he will win

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

.....i'm surprised people even care.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He should'nt even be aloud in the ring,never mind been rated by the WBA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I do care alot about this one because it really should not have been made. They should have banned him from boxing. But what can he do ? This is all the man knows so in that regard I do agree with him especially if he is broke. I just wouldn't want him to get hurt. Retired fighter's don't get a 401K or pension from the sport in which I feel now they should.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Holyfield should just throw lead right hands all night long, because at his advanced age he is not going to outbox the sasquatch. He might just land a lot of lead rights and actually hurt the big guy, Because Nic is not a defensive genius.
    Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The Fightfan View Post
    I do care alot about this one because it really should not have been made. They should have banned him from boxing. But what can he do ? This is all the man knows so in that regard I do agree with him especially if he is broke. I just wouldn't want him to get hurt. Retired fighter's don't get a 401K or pension from the sport in which I feel now they should.
    In some cases but if you have managed to blow over $100,000,000 it's you own bloody fault!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Everyone said Holyfield was washed up and would get destroyed by Mike Tyson . They even sent him get well cards before the fight . . . . . . . We all know what happend.

Thread Information