Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  110
Dislikes Dislikes:  13

Poll: Some Cultures are better than others

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Some cultures are better than others ? True, False, Impossible to answer conclusively

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Some cultures are better than others ? True, False, Impossible to answer conclusi

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanman View Post
    Honestly can't believe you boys are still knocking these same arguments around.

Without reading I know who has said what. The funny thing is Beanz, Gandalf, Lyle might argue but all come from a place of decency and respect. Walrus too if he is still here (although he is a total wind-up that will say anything to poke the bear). Lyle has the polar opposite of my political views yet I've always had nothing but respect for him. He has logic and compassion. Even though he is a Republican cunt () . My point being that opposing views are no problem. The problem is, and always was, anti-intellectualism. Hence why I can't take much of a part here anymore. It's a caricature of what it was.
    It's a topic I mostly stayed out of until later on, but did join in to say that there are aspects of Asian cultures I find superior to my own. However, in saying that there are aspects that disgust me, but I think issues of corruption, cronyism, and dumb jingoism are just as prevalent back home too so I couldn't call that any better or worse. One thing that is definitely worse here is the driving. People don't indicate and if you do indicate they don't let you in. Another is the nonsense concept of face. When you are out of order you should say sorry, but people refuse to lose face, especially older people mired most heavily in corruption or deceit of some kind. I end up having to take legal action against them and the argument that 'this is how we do it here' dissipates in the face of legality which proves that it isn't really the culture at all. Bow to everyone. Nope, never have, never will. Same back home though, Memphis refuses to apologise. I don't see any need to intellectualise what for me at least is an experiential reflection on having lived in two very distinctly different cultures.

You've encapsulated my thoughts there Miles. You're a pragmatist. Of course there are aspects of cultures that are bad. Yes, cultures are different, there are strengths and weaknesses, I just can't stand hyperbole and dogma and it seems that's what this site has become.
    Saddo Fantasy Premier League
    2011/12 - 2nd
    2012/13 -1st Hidden Content
    2013/14 - 3rd (Master won)

Saddo World Cup Dream Team
    2014 - 1st Hidden Content

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Some cultures are better than others ? True, False, Impossible to answer conclusi

@ryanman don't be coming up in this piece being all logical and whatnot

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Also u saying this place is a caricature of what it was is how I feel about The Rolling Stones they have become their own cover band

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    What kind of pathetic failed attempt is that to use some kind of jingo or lingo that you have never used in the past six months and now that you are addressing Ryan man you suddenly want to come out with that shit*? Where the hell do you get the gall to come across like that?

El Kabong Guest

....things that make you go "Some cultures are better than others"

El Kabong Guest

Hillary Clinton "We came, we saw, he (Gaddafi) died! [cackle]"

....aaaaaaand some cultures are better than others....but wait, wait, Beanz thinks you can't fucking tell if one culture is better or worse than another.....do you think slavery is a GOOD thing? Does your society currently practice slavery in the #currentyear? Then how/why can't you tell if some cultures (which do not have slavery) are better than the cultures which DO have slavery How do you fail to logic that out

Also #thanksObama for the regime change in Libya....the first black President allows for slavery to get back in fashion lul, muh ironyz

El Kabong Guest

ATHEIST Bill Maher "Some religions are better than others".......and I hate Bill Maher most of the time, but boy oh boy is he right on this!

El Kabong Guest

....but I mean you really CAN'T tell if some cultures are better than others, I mean how could you even begin to tell which culture is better than another?

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

6-5

seems you are losing
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    6-5

seems you are losing
    ....it seems like you care about that.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    6-5

seems you are losing
    In Exeter, in them grey "parts"
    there lives a man who's full of ~farts~

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

6-5seems you are losing
    Well...doh. In a debate as in life i would like to think I can learn from other people's opinions and methods of reasoning. You have no intention like Brockton of ever changing your opinion on anything. It makes both your threads pointless howling incessant rants. I was quite looking forward to some cogent arguments from both sides but you never offered anything other than an opinion you repeated from some alt right straight white victim (SWV) proud boy sycophant.

El Kabong Guest

6-5seems you are losing
    Well...doh. In a debate as in life i would like to think I can learn from other people's opinions and methods of reasoning. You have no intention like Brockton of ever changing your opinion on anything. It makes both your threads pointless howling incessant rants. I was quite looking forward to some cogent arguments from both sides but you never offered anything other than an opinion you repeated from some alt right straight white victim (SWV) proud boy sycophant.
    You think this is a debate? No, you've produced NOTHING, I've produced any and all argument with 0 rebuttal coming from you. That's not a debate that's me providing evidence for my side. When will you provide YOUR argument? Or are you just going to tuck tail and hide behind "Well the onus is on you to prove...." and it's on you to prove me wrong, you haven't you've offered nothing, I have carried this "debate" I've used evidence, I've used facts, I've compared and contrasted and what do you do? You pull the typical card, the Cultural Marxist critical theory which is shit all over everything and produce fuck all in counter.

PRODUCE YOUR ARGUMENT OR DON'T FUCKING RESPOND....I won't be bothered to continue producing my side until you've lifted a finger to do anything about YOUR side of this debate

El Kabong Guest

El Kabong Guest

Dear @Beanz

Watch, learn, and provide your side of the debate if you so choose. If you do not care to debate, just nut up and say it rather than do what you are doing which is pussyfooting around the outside and not getting involved. You'll either debate me, OR I'll hassle the shit out of you until you say "I don't want to debate" or you begin to debate. One of those three things WILL happen.

No more of this horsecrap....
    It doesn't address the issue at hand, you provide NOTHING in terms of a rebuttal, NOTHING, and you have to fucking TRY to produce nothing I mean it takes effort to say the nothingness you're saying. The only things you seem willing to address are the places/people you assume I get my ideas from....and you never stop to think, 'Gee, perhaps he posts those things because those things backup HIS ideas' no no, how very dare you even attempt to give me credit for my beliefs. If individual thought is so fucking special to YOU, then why haven't you provided the forum with any of your own in regards to the issue of cultures being good or bad? Why have you dedicated your posts to being milquetoast twaddle instead of providing your side of the debate?

Can you provide your side of the debate?
    Will you provide your side of the debate?
    If no to both of those things then why the fuck are you hassling me about MY views at least I'm not afraid to stand up for myself and assert my views whether I'll hold fast to those views as time goes on or not, I'll not have people guess as to what I believe. I'm always open to answering questions and clarifying any parts of my side if readers need that....but you, you provide NOTHING, why is that? Why are you so hesitant to step up and let your views be known?

Posters here have their own individual thoughts of me, some agree with me, some oppose me but understand and accept my views as mine.....you? There's no telling I could say anything and either you'll agree or you'll disagree, berate me for holding such a view, and never explain your side and when called on this you slip and slide away from any attempts of myself or anyone else understanding your side.....so not only are you pissing me off, you're building resentment in me because you don't give your side, but hey, what the fuck do I care anyway, I'm only attempting to hold a debate because YOU ASKED FOR IT....and apparently it's bad that I have done such because you disagree with me YET won't provide your side, how awesome, I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't, good job @Beanz, you keep it up it'll win over many friends for you.

Thread Information