Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SalTheButcher View Post
    ward destroys calzaghe
    wards never destroyed anyone
    Possibly true. But he SCHOOLED Froch.
    8-4 in America with an American ref and 3 American judges is a beating yes, not sure its a schooling
    Firstly, in a World title fight (unification if I remember right,) winning twice as many rounds as your opponent is quite convincing.
    Secondly, were they all 8-4, or were some wider?
    Thirdly, as we've seen many times, we don't always agree with Judges, so I tend to go by what I see , and what I saw was Froch lead with his face to the extent that his nose looked like a giant beetroot and get completely schooled in every aspect of the fight.
    Each to their own I suppose.
    you can bum up to ward all day

that's fine

why froch has been brought up i don't know, the thread is JC v ward

and schooling and destroying are 2 completely different concepts
    Yes. And it's destroying when a championship fighter loses his titles and doesn't want them back because he knows he can't beat the fighter that took them. Destroying their confidence.

I wish Froch would have beat Ward as much as anyone. But Ward had him shook.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Ward vs Calzaghe

well we're playing on words a bit now aren't we

I don't think ward destroyed froch confidence

he went on to have some very good results

but we are talking about JC and not froch
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Calzaghe is British whether he likes it or not.

As for the Italian/Welsh thing, he wore an Italian shirt to a big Wales-Italy rugby match, if I remember right. Taffies must have been seething... pretend it didn't happen, move on, move on
    mate, it was originally about what he FELT he was and what he felt a connection to. He's Welsh , and Wales is part of Britain, therefore he's British, but what does "British" mean?
    Does he feel more English, Scots or Irish than he does Italian?
    I think we should move on from this, but the only people who ever protest about this "British" thing are More often than not English. I don't see Scots , Welsh and Irish being so passionate about it. I wonder why?? just curious.
    The only one protesting about the British thing is you You said Britain's greatest ever SMW was Italian and the crux of your argument was

"I see him more as Welsh/Italian , British doesn't come into it. He clearly feels that way as well.
    He used to have the Welsh and Italian flags on his shorts , but I never saw a Union Jack."

Are we really doing this all over again? right , let's see if I finally make you understand. (probably not, because you'll pick 2 words of what I say up and take it out of context to suit your argument like you ALWAYS do.)
    thanks for quoting my post, but I am familiar with it.........because I WROTE IT!
    When I said Britain's greatest ever SMW was Italian, there was a big smiley face after that, and when @ryanman asked if I was saying it tongue in cheek, I said YES!
    so what conclusion would that lead you to Sherlock? hmmmm.
    now to the above quote of mine , as you can see I said he FEELS more Italian than British . I have since said that as Wales is part of Britain , then yes, he is British!
    now correct me if I'm wrong , but Britain is made up of England , Scotland , Wales and Ireland is that right? ok, well we've established that he FEELS the Welsh part clearly, but does he FEEL more English , Scottish or Irish than he does Italian?
    excuse me repeating this again and again , everybody else, but I must be using some sort of ink that is invisible to @Beanz.
    So Bearing in Mind that I have said He's Welsh , therefore British , who exactly can we assume is protesting here?
    Finally, and again apologies for repeating , but you have yet again proved that invariably the only people that bang on about BRITAIN , are English . Remind me please , what nationality are you? I notice the George cross on your ID, but hey, you csn never be too sure can you?
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As for the Italian/Welsh thing, he wore an Italian shirt to a big Wales-Italy rugby match, if I remember right. Taffies must have been seething... pretend it didn't happen, move on, move on
    mate, it was originally about what he FELT he was and what he felt a connection to. He's Welsh , and Wales is part of Britain, therefore he's British, but what does "British" mean?
    I think we should move on from this, but the only people who ever protest about this "British" thing are More often than not English. I don't see Scots , Welsh and Irish being so passionate about it. I wonder why?? just curious.
    I supported Scotland, Wales and Ireland (I'm more Irish than Calzaghe is Italian) in the football when I was a kid. Growing up in multicultural London that was the done thing, it was encouraged in school. My millions of pals weren't just sweaties, taffs and paddies but from all over the planet (my great American school mate, Chuck, (kid you not) was in Superman 4).

It was only as I got older I realised everyone hates the English.

So if it's only the English that make everyone get in line with the Brit ting, we have good reason.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The only one protesting about the British thing is you You said Britain's greatest ever SMW was Italian and the crux of your argument was

"I see him more as Welsh/Italian , British doesn't come into it. He clearly feels that way as well.
    He used to have the Welsh and Italian flags on his shorts , but I never saw a Union Jack."

Are we really doing this all over again? right , let's see if I finally make you understand. (probably not, because you'll pick 2 words of what I say up and take it out of context to suit your argument like you ALWAYS do.)
    thanks for quoting my post, but I am familiar with it.........because I WROTE IT!
    When I said Britain's greatest ever SMW was Italian, there was a big smiley face after that, and when @ryanman asked if I was saying it tongue in cheek, I said YES!
    now to the above quote of mine , as you can see I said he FEELS more Italian than British . I have since said that as Wales is part of Britain , then yes, he is British!
    now correct me if I'm wrong , but Britain is made up of England , Scotland , Wales and Ireland is that right? ok, well we've established that he FEELS the Welsh part clearly, but does he FEEL more English , Scottish or Irish than he does Italian?
    excuse me repeating this again and again , everybody else, but I must be using some sort of ink that is invisible to @Beanz.
    So Bearing in Mind that I have said He's Welsh , therefore British , who exactly can we assume is protesting here?
    Finally, and again apologies for repeating , but you have yet again proved that invariably the only people that bang on about BRITAIN , are English . Remind me please , what nationality are you? I notice the George cross on your ID, but hey, you csn never be too sure can you?
    I am English but like most English I have a mixed heritage. So I am Jewish and part Gypsy. My grandmother was a Romany Gypsy who married my Grandfather who was a Polish Jew. She was born in Ireland but her mother was born in Sicily. As an Englishman I am quite aware of how it's OK to hate the English but most English do Not hate the Scots or the Welsh or the Irish. You are the one banging on about it as though people should be ashamed to be called British if they are not English. I have Welsh cousins, my brother lived in Kelvin Glasgow for 11 years and it is my experience that many people are quite happy to be called British. We get that you are not but you are rather over egging the pudding by going on about Calzaghe and how he feels. The whole anti English thing is mostly based on bollocks and ignorance anyway , the same way that many Scots,Welsh and Irish have far less Celtic blood in them than people here in Devon and Cornwall. It's just daft. Dublin was founded by the Vikings ffs. Doesn't have a lot to do with Ward Calzaghe though.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am English but like most English I have a mixed heritage. So I am Jewish and part Gypsy. My grandmother was a Romany Gypsy who married my Grandfather who was a Polish Jew. She was born in Ireland but her mother was born in Sicily. As an Englishman I am quite aware of how it's OK to hate the English but most English do Not hate the Scots or the Welsh or the Irish. You are the one banging on about it as though people should be ashamed to be called British if they are not English. I have Welsh cousins, my brother lived in Kelvin Glasgow for 11 years and it is my experience that many people are quite happy to be called British. We get that you are not but you are rather over egging the pudding by going on about Calzaghe and how he feels. The whole anti English thing is mostly based on bollocks and ignorance anyway , the same way that many Scots,Welsh and Irish have far less Celtic blood in them than people here in Devon and Cornwall. It's just daft. Dublin was founded by the Vikings ffs. Doesn't have a lot to do with Ward Calzaghe though.
    "I am English but like most English I have a mixed heritage. So I am Jewish and part Gypsy. My grandmother was a Romany Gypsy who married my Grandfather who was a Polish Jew. She was born in Ireland but her mother was born in Sicily. As an Englishman I am quite aware of how it's OK to hate the English but most English do Not hate the Scots or the Welsh or the Irish. You are the one banging on about it as though people should be ashamed to be called British if they are not English. I have Welsh cousins, my brother lived in Kelvin Glasgow for 11 years "

Thanks for sharing your Family tree with us, and I don't mean to be disrespectful, but so what?

"The whole anti English thing is mostly based on bollocks and ignorance anyway , the same way that many Scots,Welsh and Irish have far less Celtic blood in them than people here in Devon and Cornwall. It's just daft. Dublin was founded by the Vikings ffs."

Again, ?. look you don't have to justify yourself to me, I couldn't give a fuck. but like I said, the only people who give a flying fuck about this British stuff have got English Flags on their ID. and then spending 10 paragraphs trying to convince me of how multi cultural they are. listen to me please, THERE IS FUCK ALL WRONG WITH BEING ENGLISH!

"Doesn't have a lot to do with Ward Calzaghe though. "

Absolutely completely agree!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anyway, following the same relentless logic, Calzaghe was clearly African. His ancestors came from the Rift Valley in East Africa and then migrated through Europe and Asia.

If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All this talk about a potential fight has been great. But, and I hate to sidetrack the thread, does anyone know where Calzaghe's ancestors are from and what people he self identifies with? I've always been curious but can't find information about it anywhere.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ron Swanson doing irony? Blimey, things you thought you'd never see
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ron Swanson doing irony? Blimey, things you thought you'd never see
    Yeah, fuck off Ron. Me and @Beanz have been good boys the last couple of days , don't stir us up again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

AS far as I am concerned if you live north of the thames your a cunt, same as if you live south of dartford west of bromley true english live in kent, Dave Charnley dartfords finest

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    Anyway, following the same relentless logic, Calzaghe was clearly African. His ancestors came from the Rift Valley in East Africa and then migrated through Europe and Asia.

He's an East African Plains Ape.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Calzaghe would have outworked him big time. That was Kovalev's flaw, he doesn't seem to have the engine to do 12 rounds convincingly. He also doesn't seem to like getting hit. Ward is no puncher and hasn't suddenly become a puncher. Calzaghe would outwork Ward big time and Ward would only be able to put a dent in Calzaghe with his infamous dome. It wouldn't bother Calzaghe though, it would drive him into a bigger frenzy. Ward would be bleeding all over place at the end and lose a decision. There would be no need for a rematch as Ward is a horrible fighter to watch and you would like Calzaghe to move onto something more beautiful. Boxing can be beautiful and Calzaghe was a prime example of boxing as artistry and beauty.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Calzaghe would have outworked him big time. That was Kovalev's flaw, he doesn't seem to have the engine to do 12 rounds convincingly. He also doesn't seem to like getting hit. Ward is no puncher and hasn't suddenly become a puncher. Calzaghe would outwork Ward big time and Ward would only be able to put a dent in Calzaghe with his infamous dome. It wouldn't bother Calzaghe though, it would drive him into a bigger frenzy. Ward would be bleeding all over place at the end and lose a decision. There would be no need for a rematch as Ward is a horrible fighter to watch and you would like Calzaghe to move onto something more beautiful. Boxing can be beautiful and Calzaghe was a prime example of boxing as artistry and beauty.
    You forgot to mention the low blows Ward would try in his desperate attempt for victory but Joe ignoring them and wiggling his hips in defiance as he pulls away to UD victory in front of his loyal Italian fans.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    You forgot to mention the low blows Ward would try in his desperate attempt for victory but Joe ignoring them and wiggling his hips in defiance as he pulls away to UD victory in front of his loyal Italian fans.

Ohhh... boy....

Thread Information