Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

View Poll Results: Should Wilder prove he broke his arm?

Voters
7. This poll is closed
  • Yes!

5 71.43%
  • No!

1 14.29%
  • I am not going to vote in this poll!

1 14.29%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Should Wilder prove that he broke his arm?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Should Wilder prove that he broke his arm?

Fenster, I am not sure you have proven a point there. You have made me read a lot of information and not be particularly convinced that 13 seconds extra time....beyond the count (which was fine)....is fine. It was too long and many have commented on that. A handful of seconds should have sufficed.

Either way, the fight is what it was and a draw is what we have, so I accept that along with the decision. Every fight has something a bit different.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Fenster, I am not sure you have proven a point there. You have made me read a lot of information and not be particularly convinced that 13 seconds extra time....beyond the count (which was fine)....is fine. It was too long and many have commented on that. A handful of seconds should have sufficed.

Either way, the fight is what it was and a draw is what we have, so I accept that along with the decision. Every fight has something a bit different.
    The point is he followed the rules to a tee. I understand you don't agree with the time it took before Wilder was allowed to punch Fury again, you would have loved the old days, brutal, and as @ryanman pointed out under British rules it looks like Fury should have been counted out (I was surprsied he didn't waive it off originally). But all different commissions have slightly different rules, even down to the wrapping of hands and whether or not corners can stop fights.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post

The point is he followed the rules to a tee. I understand you don't agree with the time it took before Wilder was allowed to punch Fury again, you would have loved the old days, brutal, and as @ryanman pointed out under British rules it looks like Fury should have been counted out (I was surprsied he didn't waive it off originally). But all different commissions have slightly different rules, even down to the wrapping of hands and whether or not corners can stop fights.
    Yes, I am a classicist. I am glad they didn't stop it though, that was proper.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wilder alleges that he broke his arm 12 weeks before the fight. That is quite an assertion and a broken arm something that requires considerable time to recover from. Why would you not just postpone the fight considering its magnitude? Do you believe him? Should he provide medical proof to back up what he is saying?
    Wilder should prove to us, round by round, why he felt he deserved a draw against Fury let alone a win.

That tape-session should be interesting!
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    If he wants to say he broke his arm 12 weeks before camp started, whatever. The more important point to me is if he did break his arm, why negotiate for that fight AND the possible AJ fight.
    To me , that is conning the public and he should be brought before the authorities to justify that and if they feel he wasn’t 100% , withhold a portion of his purse. He’s such a thick cunt he doesn’t see this.
    He is such a desperate wanker. He’s also posted on Social media “PROOF” that it was a long count in the 12th. So there’s a stopwatch showing from the moment Fury hit the canvas, and stops at 10 seconds dead, when Fury is nearly up.
    However , the prick forgets that the count doesn’t start till he’s in an neutral corner! So when he’s standing over Fury and doing his funny walk , the ref doesn’t start the count. The guy has shown himself to be a complete fucking dullard.
    I agree he is a dullard but that is not how the count works. The referee instructs the fighter to go to the corner and picks the time up from the time keeper. If it takes him 4 seconds to get Deontay to the corner he starts his at 5 etcetera. But....if he instructs Deontay to his corner, Deontay goes and comes back out of the corner interrupting his count then the count stops.
    Thanks for putting me right on the count thing. Now, bearing in mind he broke his arm , do you still believe that his team’s offers to AJ at the time were genuine?
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Thread Information