Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Does anyone know why...?

Why random drug testing happens after a fight and not before it? Surely then we can stop pointless fights such as Toney-Bachelder before they happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Does anyone know why...?

Would make sense you would think wouldn't it?
    How about drug tests should be made compulsory before a fight takes place.

For example..... every fighter would be randomly tested anywhere from 3 months to 1 week before every fight they have? Surely that would help weed out the drug cheats? then again that would be an awful lot of drug testing so maybe every fighter would need to be randomly drug tested at least one in every 5 fights or something?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by danchar123

For example..... every fighter would be randomly tested anywhere from 3 months to 1 week before every fight they have? Surely that would help weed out the drug cheats? then again that would be an awful lot of drug testing so maybe every fighter would need to be randomly drug tested at least one in every 5 fights or something?
    It wouldn't make commercial sense though if they were pulling fights the day before. TV companies would be mighty pissed as would paying fans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You have a good point there.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo

It wouldn't make commercial sense though if they were pulling fights the day before. TV companies would be mighty pissed as would paying fans.
    It crossed my mind. There again if one fighter tested positive, you could try and find a last minute replacement.

To put a spanner in the works of my own idea though, it also crossed my mind though that maybe they don't as having blood tests can drain a fighter, and could affect their performance for the worse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn

For example..... every fighter would be randomly tested anywhere from 3 months to 1 week before every fight they have? Surely that would help weed out the drug cheats?  then again that would be an awful lot of drug testing so maybe every fighter would need to be randomly drug tested at least one in every 5 fights or something?
    It crossed my mind. There again if one fighter tested positive, you could try and find a last minute replacement.

To put a spanner in the works of my own idea though, it also crossed my mind though that maybe they don't as having blood tests can drain a fighter, and could affect their performance for the worse.
    Im not sure whether having that small amount of blood taken from you 1 week to 3 months before the fight will have that great of an effect on the fighters

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn

Im not sure whether having that small amount of blood taken from you 1 week to 3 months before the fight will have that great of an effect on the fighters
    I meant the day before (like as part of the weigh in or something)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I guess that may have an effect. But why do it the day of the weight in anyway? if it was done earlier it would mean that if someone was to be found to be taking drugs there would be more time for a replacement, they would have more time to recover, more time to carry out the tests and also the 'cheat' will have been using them the whole time they have been preparing for the fight (i think) so they will test positive anytime during that period.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A HA!!!!.........I knew you were a hobbit boxing promoter all along...Only promoters think like that!!!!

but it's true a lot of fights would be suspended besides this way there can be fines without any contraversy.....

sounds like more sense to do it before the fight but...
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I guess that may have an effect. But why do it the day of the weight in anyway? if it was done earlier it would mean that if someone was to be found to be taking drugs there would be more time for a replacement, they would have more time to recover, more time to carry out the tests and also the 'cheat' will have been using them the whole time they have been preparing for the fight (i think) so they will test positive anytime during that period.
    I agree #5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well if they have a mega-fight and 2 days before weigh-in they announce the fight is off due to some banned substances, then alot of people would be ticked off for sure. Boxing walks a thin line anyways in the bigger picture of sports; imagine what a couple of cancelled fights would do to even the die hard fans of the sport. Lots of money to be made for the hotels, vendors, etc. etc.. Imagine all the fans who travelled over from U.K. to see Hatton/Castillo. What if it was called off because one of them had been doping up?? All the people making money off them wouldn't be able to count on that $ again. I think the fighters should be tested before the fight though, as a couple of screw-ups like that and the hammer would come down hard on all involved and things would get put straight. Sorry if I rambled, I just woke up and my heads fuzzy,lol.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn

A HA!!!!.........I knew you were a hobbit boxing promoter all along...Only promoters think like that!!!!

but it's true a lot of fights would be suspended besides this way there can be fines without any contraversy.....

sounds like more sense to do it before the fight but...
    Trust me if I was boxing promoter I'd put on a show. I'd shake up the lower weight divisions by introducing dwarves from Erabor by the Lonely Mountain, they are tough as nails believe me and can kick the shat out of any of the men living in Dale.

I'd also like to stick a couple of Orcs into the heavyweight division, a fight between the half Orc Arreola and a full blooded Urak Hai would be a war to echo down the ages.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah and I'll put my cave-troll from under Khazad-dum on all your Orcses and take all your gold, Mr. Baggins!! For that matter I"ll wager the Pukel men would trounce your Orc boys also!!!! Lol
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ladies & Gents, Introducing Legion King and Bilbo Arum

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)