Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Exclamation Which One.

We have two really good Super Bantams, in Frampton and Quigg which one is the best,! I like
    both Carl and Scott both punch a bit and both are very talented is one more advanced then the other
    maybe Quigg but, not much in it I wonder which will be a World Champion.!

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Which One.

Both are quality fighters and should stay a part until both become at least world champions. I go for Quigg.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Both are quality fighters and should stay a part until both become at least world champions. I go for Quigg.
    Yes I agree on your point, bit like DeGale V Groves,I could not see the point why fight for peanuts,
    when you can fight for big money and a Title, a much bigger fight for both fighters and fans.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Both will end up world champs imo and unless one moves up in weight it would make one hell of a fight later on both domestically and internationally. Quigg looks a little more tidy but its an even match up.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Frampton for me, but there's not that much in it.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Both seem to be world class

At this point I'd slightly favour Quigg, but not by much

I agree that they need to let the fight simmer a little longer, until at least 1 has a belt, if not both
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sometimes the promoters need to make a grudge match before the grudge runs its course in the publics eyes, thus why warren made haye vs chisora as quick as he could, if he waited they wait too long and quigg geta smashed against someone else then obviously they have lost a potential sell out fight.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by master View Post
    both are quality fighters and should stay a part until both become at least world champions. i go for quigg.
    fock-all. Frampton thwarts and thrills. Quigg will be a flash in the pan. Quit drinkin.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You guys are nuts buying what promoters say about "keeping fighters apart until they're champions"

1. There's no guarantee they'll ever be "world" champion

2. There's no evidence whatsoever that a fight is more compelling or entertaining because of a title.

Promoters only spout that shit because once their man's beat his stock plummets and neither promoter wants to give up hosting the show. Groves-DeGale was a great match-up between two prospects. Cleverly-Bellew was a great match-up between two prospects. All four fighters are much closer to world level now and no closer to ever fighting again. Would you rather have NOT seen these fights?

Come on...

Frampton-Quigg is a great match-up. No silly alphabet title will make the actual contest any better. It's not like either are calling out Nonito Donaire (who would slaughter both on the same night), both camps are trying to fiddle a belt. Who cares?
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thumbs down Re: Which One.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    You guys are nuts buying what promoters say about "keeping fighters apart until they're champions"

2. There's no evidence whatsoever that a fight is more compelling or entertaining because of a title.

Promoters only spout that shit because once their man's beat his stock plummets and neither promoter wants to give up hosting the show. Groves-DeGale was a great match-up between two prospects. Cleverly-Bellew was a great match-up between two prospects. All four fighters are much closer to world level now and no closer to ever fighting again. Would you rather have NOT seen these fights?

Come on...

Frampton-Quigg is a great match-up. No silly alphabet title will make the actual contest any better. It's not like either are calling out Nonito Donaire (who would slaughter both on the same night), both camps are trying to fiddle a belt. Who cares?
    I never see much point in prospects facing each other, unless it's for big money or a title of course
    there is hype involved, after all it is boxing.
    There is no guarantee any of them, will be a World Champion but both are pretty good you would
    have to agree.!
    You have to say it's good to have 2 good prospects, at domestic and World level good luck to both
    fighters.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post

Come on...

I never see much point in prospects facing each other, unless it's for big money or a title of course
    there is hype involved, after all it is boxing.
    There is no guarantee any of them, will be a World Champion but both are pretty good you would
    have to agree.!
    You have to say it's good to have 2 good prospects, at domestic and World level good luck to both
    fighters.
    Agreed a boxing career is short and getting battered in a hard domestic fight deserves money and a world title.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You guys are talking like they're a couple of obscure fighters plying their trade down the local sports center for £500 a bout. Frampton just sold out the Odyssey Arena in Belfast. He is not fighting for chump change.

Groves-DeGale split £400,000. The Tyson Fury-David Price camps have thrown £1 million offers at each other.

You guys would rather not see these fights happen because you'd prefer these fighters, earning six figure sums, earned a bit more? (blimey )
    Last edited by Fenster; 02-11-2013 at 09:07 PM.

Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You guys are talking like they're a couple of obscure fighters plying their trade down the local sports center for £500 a bout. Frampton just sold out the Odyssey Arena in Belfast. He is not fighting for chump change.

Groves-DeGale split £400,000. The Tyson Fury-David Price camps have thrown £1 million offers at each other.

You guys would rather not see these fights happen because you'd prefer these fighters, earning six figure sums, earned a bit more? (blimey )
    When your knocking shit out of each other, you want as much money as possible, when the time is
    right they will fight. This game is about earning money, if you can earn money fighting bum's so
    be it RJJ done it and many others. The best fight for Mega bucks, drum up interest hype it up
    the journey to the pot of gold is over the hill, remember there is more than one path.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I really enjoy watching both fighters,they have to get this fight on soon,would
    be a cracker.If i had to pick one,i would slightly favour Frampton,but nothing
    in it really.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post

When your knocking shit out of each other, you want as much money as possible, when the time is
    right they will fight. This game is about earning money, if you can earn money fighting bum's so
    be it RJJ done it and many others. The best fight for Mega bucks, drum up interest hype it up
    the journey to the pot of gold is over the hill, remember there is more than one path.
    Yeah, I understand how the "sport" works, boxing is a disgusting business.

Answer me this - in the last 10 years, what Brit "world" title fights have happened after WAITING for prospects to drum up interest and become "world" champ? And what money did these fighters make?

Thread Information